Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The value of consistency

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It is correct because it has been proven to be correct.
    And because Chuck Norris says it is !!
    the russians proved it correct...chuck simply gave it his roundhoused stamp of approval!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Well done maybe if you squatted properly you could hand more than the baby weights
    Only joking nice work keep it up
    As ronin says anything works for a few weeks and normally the quicker it works the quicker the gains leave you when you stop doing the programme
    Again as Ronin says (he does occasionally say some good thinks…shocking I know) perodization is the way to go, both in terms of exercise selection, motor abilities trained and also volume and intensity
    General rule of thumb is to use the least volume and intensity needed to make changes and normally train this way for 8 weeks before switching to training another motor ability (ie maximum strength, endurance etc): using this method you gradually increase volume and intensity over 3 weeks, reduce volume and intensity on the 4th week, use more advanced methods and higher intensity over the next 3 weeks and in the final 8th week reduce volume, intensity and methods used. And then start over. This method avoids burn out, over training and leads to consistent and constant gains
    i agree periodization is invaluable concept. Interval training is the key to good recovery, time managment and integration and maximization of potential training skills/attributes. I use TCM 5 element theory to designate and organize my training. Works for me.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.