Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Could Happen If Your Chi Sau Is Poor

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I think your cheap shot at Wayfarings well written and backed-up post and reasoning is pretty weak. He's spot on all the way thru and gives very detailed reasons for what he sees. And this is all you have to say?
    So you see Chi sao as a grappling thing too?

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Maybe not grappling as such but it's certainly in grappling range most of the time, ergo you have to know how to deal with grappling attempts

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Maybe not grappling as such but it's certainly in grappling range most of the time, ergo you have to know how to deal with grappling attempts
    Not grappling. It's not even how we would approach a grappler,
    head on with two arms out. Classic invention based on misinformation of Chi sao.

Let me get this right, you think I chi-sao to deal with grappling by rolling my arms at you ?
    You're not even close. Maybe Bing translator can add a language English to dumb@$$ so that you can better understand my posts.

This guy apparantly speaks English and understands my posts.

So much fail in so few words.

Not my view of chi sau.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    You're not even close. Maybe Bing translator can add a language English to dumb@$$ so that you can better understand my posts.
    Ah yes the response of a guy who is trying to recoup his earlier gaff....All that work you did too.

Your words
    So to train your chi sau to have similar energies against grappling grip fighting I think is an absolute must if you are going to fight in clinch range. I also think you should train chi sau with good grapplers all the way to the takedown, then reset. I also think you should train chi sau sessions by setting 3 min on the timer and setting the chi sau game goal to be to clinch and take down the opponent. This will give good realistic parameters to your training exercises.

So much fail in so few words.

Not my view of chi sau.
    you wrote this:
    So to train your chi sau to have similar energies against grappling grip fighting I think is an absolute must if you are going to fight in clinch range. I also think you should train chi sau with good grapplers all the way to the takedown, then reset. I also think you should train chi sau sessions by setting 3 min on the timer and setting the chi sau game goal to be to clinch and take down the opponent. This will give good realistic parameters to your training exercises.

Not grappling. It's not even how we would approach a grappler,
    head on with two arms out. Classic invention based on misinformation of Chi sao.
    Ok, he has forced the action, has contact with both your arms at clinch range, and is about to grapple with you...... Response?

you wrote this:
    Yes, here I'm suggesting an addition to chi sau training to build skills to deal with a grappling grip-fighting attack.

What part of this confuses you?

Yes, here I'm suggesting an addition to chi sau training to build skills to deal with a grappling grip-fighting attack.

What part of this confuses you?
    Good question.

I also think you should train chi sau with good grapplers all the way to the takedown, then reset.
    Why not just train grappling with good grapplers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Why not just train grappling with good grapplers?
    Well then you're just grappling.... isn't this about a WC response to a grappler's approach?

Well then you're just grappling.... isn't this about a WC response to a grappler's approach?
    is it though?

from an outside perspective it seems people dont agree on what chi sau is for, so some seem to see it as training close range fighting (in which case it should also deal with clinch and grappling) and others seem to see it as a way to train specific fighting attributes that are not range related, in which case adding grappling would seem silly

of course that means for a supposedly simple style it is really f*king complicated

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    is it though?

from an outside perspective it seems people dont agree on what chi sau is for, so some seem to see it as training close range fighting (in which case it should also deal with clinch and grappling) and others seem to see it as a way to train specific fighting attributes that are not range related, in which case adding grappling would seem silly

of course that means for a supposedly simple style it is really f*king complicated
    Well if it was so simple the forum would be short lived

For me WC is a method of self defense where striking is the main weapon delivered at a short range in comparison to most striking styles. It lives in that grey area/range between striking and grappling, so when i see the clip at the beginning of this thread i see (as did wayfaring) what they are trying to achieve. A bit of it was rubbish but cudos for their take on it