Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

The yik kam transform

A brief introduction of the five layers in the Yik kam transform.

1. Physical body layer.

This layer describe the physical body the keys of handling physical body.

The body structures both in static and dynamic state , six bows, the alignment of feel, spine , and head, and the definition of loose are defined and experienced.

2. The mind layer

This layer describe the mind and the keys of handling the mind.

The mind layers tools : thinking, intention, aware, visualization , and present are defined introduced and experienced.

The mind layers tools are tools used for fine handling physical structure, force vectors, Qi cultivation , mental stability, and ect. This is beyond the coarse handling of physical body.

3. The breathing layer

This layer describe the breathing layer and the keys of handling the breathing.

The natural lower breathing which increase the breathing volume are define and experienced.

4. The Qi layer

This layer describe the Qi layer and the keys of handling the Qi.

The grow of Qi and the effect of Qi in physical body are defined and experienced.

This layer is dependent on the well handling of the physical , mind, and breathing layers.

5. The force vector, momentum types, and basic core martial application tactic characteristic layer.

This layer describes power generation, force balancing, momentum , and basic core martial application tactic characteristic for Wing Chun Kuen and the keys for handling them. Each details are defined and experienced.

For example :

the different between body type of power generation and force line type of power generation which always involve returning part of the force vector circuit. The consideration of recycle of momentum. The different between Pulse power and thrust power.

Layer 5 is the layer which makes the art a martial art while all other layer are a support to the 5th layer.

These five layers catagorization is an attemp to describe what existed in 1850 era Wing Chun Kuen in a modern day language, to aid a better understanding of the ancient art which was presented in a classical Chinese culture view. And to bring out the details involved in that era.

The Yik kam transform process consist of the well define subject as above accompay with various static and dynamic drill to bring one into direct experience and understanding of every layer in a tangible way.

It is called the Yik Kam transform because it is a tool for expand and evolve the boundary of one's Wing Chun kuen disregards of lineage with the 1850 era Wing Chun Kuen contents. So that the missing coud be found , the partial can be make whole, and promote a healthy and balance evolution towards the future. Via the transform to activate the Wing Chun Kuen three sets engine and identify where are the internal art located within the sets are no longer a dream but real.

Wing Chun 1850 is a science and technology, not a myth , cult, or legend.
    And we do have the 1850 technology available.

A new era begin 2012 , unavoidable, it is all about education on what has been existed.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-02-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Expect a good fun summer.

Big thing has small begining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0WUpsErUBA
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-02-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Whatever can be implemented with the five layers is not a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    A brief introduction of the five layers in the Yik kam transform.

1. Physical body layer.

This layer describe the physical body the keys of handling physical body.

The body structures both in static and dynamic state , six bows, the alignment of feel, spine , and head, and the definition of loose are defined and experienced.

2. The mind layer

This layer describe the mind and the keys of handling the mind.

The mind layers tools : thinking, intention, aware, visualization , and present are defined introduced and experienced.

The mind layers tools are tools used for fine handling physical structure, force vectors, Qi cultivation , mental stability, and ect. This is beyond the coarse handling of physical body.

3. The breathing layer

This layer describe the breathing layer and the keys of handling the breathing.

The natural lower breathing which increase the breathing volume are define and experienced.

4. The Qi layer

This layer describe the Qi layer and the keys of handling the Qi.

The grow of Qi and the effect of Qi in physical body are defined and experienced.

This layer is dependent on the well handling of the physical , mind, and breathing layers.

5. The force vector, momentum types, and basic core martial application tactic characteristic layer.

This layer describes power generation, force balancing, momentum , and basic core martial application tactic characteristic for Wing Chun Kuen and the keys for handling them. Each details are defined and experienced.

For example :

the different between body type of power generation and force line type of power generation which always involve returning part of the force vector circuit. The consideration of recycle of momentum. The different between Pulse power and thrust power.

Layer 5 is the layer which makes the art a martial art while all other layer are a support to the 5th layer.

These five layers catagorization is an attemp to describe what existed in 1850 era Wing Chun Kuen in a modern day language, to aid a better understanding of the ancient art which was presented in a classical Chinese culture view. And to bring out the details involved in that era.

The Yik kam transform process consist of the well define subject as above accompay with various static and dynamic drill to bring one into direct experience and understanding of every layer in a tangible way.

It is called the Yik Kam transform because it is a tool for expand and evolve the boundary of one's Wing Chun kuen disregards of lineage with the 1850 era Wing Chun Kuen contents. So that the missing coud be found , the partial can be make whole, and promote a healthy and balance evolution towards the future. Via the transform to activate the Wing Chun Kuen three sets engine and identify where are the internal art located within the sets are no longer a dream but real.

Wing Chun 1850 is a science and technology, not a myth , cult, or legend.
    And we do have the 1850 technology available.

A new era begin 2012 , unavoidable, it is all about education on what has been existed.
    Excellent Post! This covers the gist of what Mike explained to me about the YK transform. I still have yet to meet up with him however to get a full idea via demonstration of the exercises/details. Hopefully soon, will let you know when I do. Thank for sharing Hendrik.

- Nirav
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    Excellent Post! This covers the gist of what Mike explained to me about the YK transform. I still have yet to meet up with him however to get a full idea via demonstration of the exercises/details. Hopefully soon, will let you know when I do. Thank for sharing Hendrik.

- Nirav
    You are welcome.

There is no secret. And these are just the begining basic elements that let one to be Able to see the whole picture, and doing analyze and synthesize.

Try it you might like it.

According to Yik kam Prior to the art was named wing Chun kuen.

It was given the name siu Lin tau. Meaning the essential training of details.
    The devil is in the small details is the strength of wing Chun kuen. Handling of small details is the basis of the short Jin.

For those who are interested on health improving , this yik kam transform will give you a solid based which is accord to the proper tcm and qigong principle.

You can contact sifu Jim Rosalendo at MIT qigong club if you are in boston area to learn them from him. Jim has been very kind to teach the public . Hope that more people can learn these and can Benifit others.

Wing Chun kuen can be for health that is certain.

http://web.mit.edu/qigong/Testimonials.html
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-02-2012 at 08:12 PM.

I can say for myself during my short time with Hendrik I lost 5 pounds when i was there and the training was not very intense. So for your health alone its great..I never felt better and my energy levels are very high. I used to have to drink coffee in the morning to wake up and get moving,but now I dont need it and i dont need as much sleep as before..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Mike,

Excellent!

Master it and teach to the less fortune people.
    Let them has a chance to live a better live!

Be it in the high education area as MIT or the less fortunate kids on the street, we help them equally so that everyone has good health good brain and can reach for a good living dream instead of fight fight and no hope. That is the mission of ancient Chinese martial artists beside protecting thier village as security personal.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-02-2012 at 09:01 PM.

I will Hendrik...I already passed on the 1st layer to one of my students a few days ago,and anyone else who would like to learn it..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    I will Hendrik...I already passed on the 1st layer to one of my students a few days ago,and anyone else who would like to learn it..
    Mike,

Great!

As we share sigung Ven. Hsu yin.

I have two more sigungs, they are Sek Ko Sam the shaolin martial monk in Indonesia , and dr. Ma li tang one of the top martial artists, tcm doctor, and qigong master. All these people share a mission and that is provide hope to the less fortunate.

I don't own the yik kam transform. It is a treasure of the red boat WCK ancestors. So it has to be available free for all wcners.

I will share every thing I know beside layer five because I am Buddhist now, It is no longer my interest to talk about how destructive is the weapons to destroy.

Rather, to use all the other four layers of information to build a positive , strong, healthy, and solid wcner.

In the Yik kam transform process. The yoga ball is an instrument to test out momentum, force vectors objectively. One can actually see the different type of power generations pattern and momentum handling. One can test out if shift with heels shift with ball of the feet....forward pressure..ect works or not.

Only when one can see it feel it, one can develop them. It is engineering not lip service.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CJABEPICMAA
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-03-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Thank you for sharing
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Months ago I release the yik kam slt kuen kuit. In order to understand the kuen kuit one needs the five layers knowledge otherwise one cannot comprehend.

So the five layers is the fundamental of the 1850 wing Chun.