Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The yik kam transform

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Is "punching harder" your goal or something else? Can you point out at least one clip similiar to the following clips "by using your method"? I prefer to see Fajin on the heavy bag, but at least Fajin into the thin air is still better than nothing at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePEsgnTMd1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_vcWq2GYXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA9a9...eature=related

I am putting down deep foundation , because high building needs good foundation with details.

Forget about fajin if one cannot even identify one's natural state and handling details in static.

The physical layer has both static and dynamic state transform. Those are foundations. And one needs to build them carefully step by step.

Well, I change my mind now and advise any one Who is seriously want to learn to get a personal coach. That is a better way.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Hendrick, I'm not posting clips of myself on a public forum or on youtube. I value my privacy too much for that.

This is also a slightly hysterical request when all I am doing is standing and relaxing. Are you trying to avoid having to run through the details of your layers? We aren't even on the first yet are we..
    1。 understood your concern.

2. I still stand that way 75 mins every day.

3. Detail of the layers has been posted in my previous posts in this thread. So there is no issue on trying to avoid anything.

4. Get your personal coach so they can coach you at your pace.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-14-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Jox and Guy,

If you both are serious for next step, please get a YouTube of you guys on the three keys handling . That way i can have a better idea where you guys are to give feedback.
    Hi Hendrik
    I dont like YT idea... I think, better and faster method is Skype.
    If you like it, I am here... I would post the results of the process with gladness...

Jox,

Blog Entries
    Forget about fajin ...
    How can you forget about Fajin? I thought this entire thread is talking about power generation?

This layer describes power generation, ...
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-15-2012 at 04:07 AM.

I love this thread !
    It is SO symbolic of KFO in its current state !
    *shoots himself in head*
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I love this thread !
    It is SO symbolic of KFO in its current state !
    *shoots himself in head*
    looks for the 'like' button......

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    looks for the 'like' button......
    We should move to FB...

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    How can you forget about Fajin? I thought this entire thread is talking about power generation?
    How can one fajin before one knows ones body, develop the foundation, and what is Jin ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-15-2012 at 06:11 AM.

I think he wants see what kind of fa-jin you are trying to develop.

I think you put up some clips awhile ago, maybe one of those.

Cheers

Some more about YKT

1. Basic Physical layer development.

A, Static state development, standing with the three keys to observe and get use to the static natural physical condition or state. why 7 mins ? Because it generally take that long to do a slt form or the first part of yik kam slt. 7 mins is a minimum preparation for that. One needs to be in natural condition while doing slt form.

B, Dynamic state development , activate the six bows, observe and get use to the dynamic natural physical condition or state. Activate snake engine, observe and get use to deeper dynamic natural physical condition or state.

C, using the developent and transform of the body from the above pratice slt. Let the insight and soul of slt surface by itself. Only after this attainment one is consider to have enter the door of knowing slt by Yik Kam standard.

The above steps is similar to cooking every step and sequence needs to be fully handle before proceed to the next step. Impatient and jumping step ruin the dish.

2. There is no instruction on where to place weight comes with the basic three keys.
    That is because how and where to place weight is depend on what one wants to do.

Weight handling depend on which medirians one wants to activate , breathing type and cycle, force vector and momentum handling such as bouncing or absorb incoming force...etc.

Those stuffs is better to deal with at the study of different layer handling. Not to mention beginner has no awareness or handling , any forcefull control action taken is only going to cause tensing and stuckness with violate loose, nature, and quite.

In physical layer, one handle the three keys and let what ever it is comes naturally. No mention of toes point in...etc because those stuffs do more harm to beginner then good. The bottom line is let go and settle into the natural instead of man made control.

3. Do I concern on releasing information and details? I love to release detals, i am more concern in if people wiling to put in the effort and can really master the handling, then bring the details into coffin with me. There is no secret, any one with the same level of Kung fu will know them.

At mastering, one doesn't have to remember any detials and can get as much details as needed. One doesnt need to think. Just enter into different layer and read out what is there after one develop the transform on ones body mind. It is similar to open up the particular layers file and read it. you read yourself and you read your opponents. Because you can use you body mind to emulate your opponent as soon as your Kung fu is equal or higher then him.

4. Do I concern about fighting or martial applications? Sure, however IMHO, if one has no ability to sustain a force from about 2x ones body weight , deliver a force can penetrate double ones body thickness, dealing with momentum faster then one very own....ect. Well, one can bully the weaker and smaller or those who don't know your tricks before the tricks run out, but one cannot defend to get bully the bigger guy or the train guy.. Thus, i prefer to follow the tradition way of develop the body and application of the art balancely. And what good is to get there before develop the basic foundation. Not to mention, who win in a fighting varies everyday when you meet those who is train and well rounded, disregard of their style.

Talking fighting doesn't guarantee to know how to fight, even doing good in fighting at one gym doesnt guarantee to win in another. One needs to have a balance training and real life experience. And I don't believe in parade ones power or weapons. IMHO.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-15-2012 at 09:36 AM.

2. I still stand that way 75 mins every day.
    YJKYM up to one hour or more. It reminds me on Zhan Zhuang.
    In which position, do you hold your hands? Like in the ZZ?

Jox,

Bah, world record for standing on one foot is 76 hours
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I think standing exercises all give benefits depending on how you use your mind when standing and posture being held.

Being in the time of internet we can see that people in the past tried to coin there stuff as different, because they had limited information as to what other people were doing, standing is standing, all get same benefits, just called different names.

Cheers

Compliment with the loose, quite, and natural standing Above for developing the static .

The following are the three dynamic drill comes with the yik kam transform to work with the 5 layers in the sequence.

Each drill cover a specific basic elements of each layer. Beginner must progress with sequence so the handling could progress smoothly. These drills are selected to cover dominant keys of the 5 layers in a minimum and simple practice. Activate the six bows, snake engine, six directional force...ect.

1. Slt transform 3.3 to 4.0.
    This support and become the calibration reference of the slt form. Or first part of yik kam long set slt.

2. Ck and biu jee transform 1.56 to 2.13.
    This support ck and bj and become the calibration reference of the ck and biu jee form. or the part 2, 3, and 4 of yik kam long set slt.

3. Lower body transform 4.32 to 5.0.
    This support the lower body , footwork, the eight method of legs.

Thus, with these, the scope of the YKT transform ( the five layers and the static and dynamic drills) being defined.

One can play with these but to really get the Benifit, one needs a coach to get one in the right track with details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-15-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    YJKYM up to one hour or more. It reminds me on Zhan Zhuang.
    In which position, do you hold your hands? Like in the ZZ?

Jox,
    Nope. No hold hands.