Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie soundtracks used in old-school KF films

427 - Dramaturgy Pt. 1 (by Paul Lemel)

This DeWolfe Music Library track is heard in:
    Flag of Iron
    And other Shaw Brothers films...

428 - Treatment (by Johnny Hawksworth)

The Image of Bruce Lee (a.k.a., Storming Attacks)
    And others...

http://www.dewolfemusic.com/trackdet...96&code=eyzuOD

AFAIK, this track is not on YouTube, so I linked to it on the DeWolfe Music site.

Hi, do you know what this soundtrack in "the invincible armour" comes from? Thanks ahead.http://video.tudou.com/v/XMTgyNTA0NzMxNg==.html

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    Hi, do you know what this soundtrack in "the invincible armour" comes from? Thanks ahead.http://video.tudou.com/v/XMTgyNTA0NzMxNg==.html
    Hi, that track is "A Deadly Morning" by Carlo Savina from the 1966 movie, "Pochi Dollari Per Django" (a.k.a., Some Dollars for Django). It's entry #107 in this thread.The only version of this track on YouTube is the vocal version, but it's easily recognizable, especially in the instrumental portion.

Besides The Invincible Armour, the instrumental version is also heard in:
    My Kung Fu 12 Kicks
    Monkey Fist, Floating Snake
    And others...

For convenience sake, I'll repost it here:

Last edited by Jimbo; 05-19-2017 at 04:19 PM.

429 - Winds of Change (by Pierre Arvay)

Two Champions of Shaolin
    And other Shaw Brothers films...

http://www.dewolfemusic.com/trackdet...34&code=2S696c

*Note:

AFAIK, this track is not available on YouTube, so I linked directly to it on the DeWolfe Music site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi, that track is "A Deadly Morning" by Carlo Savina from the 1966 movie, "Pochi Dollari Per Django" (a.k.a., Some Dollars for Django). It's entry #107 in this thread.The only version of this track on YouTube is the vocal version, but it's easily recognizable, especially in the instrumental portion.

Besides The Invincible Armour, the instrumental version is also heard in:
    My Kung Fu 12 Kicks
    Monkey Fist, Floating Snake
    And others...
    Thanks. Sometimes I really feel those re-edited instrumental versions are better than those original ones. So it means it is nowhere to find this instrumental version?

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    Thanks. Sometimes I really feel those re-edited instrumental versions are better than those original ones. So it means it is nowhere to find this instrumental version?
    IMO, the instrumental version was part of whatever original soundtrack album (or collection) there was from the movie back in the '60s or '70s. The people involved in selecting the various tracks to use in these old KF movies had access to a great number of (most likely) vinyl albums, singles, etc. Unfortunately, those collections are gone, and there's no way of knowing this unless one of those "music selectors" were to come forward (if they're even still alive) and discuss what their sources were. Even if they were still alive, they most likely wouldn't even remember or care.

FWIW, the instrumental version of that particular track is probably an 'unused track'. It's not in any version of Pochi Dollari Per Django that I've ever seen.

Soundtrack from this Movie

Here are some of the various soundtracks that have been lifted for 1970s to early-'80s kung fu films. Some of the tracks that were lifted may be from a particular soundtrack but may not be included on the link. I will also name *some of* the films parts of the soundtrack were used for. Aside from their being lifted for KF films, they are also simply good soundtracks in and of themselves. Hopefully this won't be seen as OCD. I just happen to like music.

Anyone feel free to post more, as there are some I hope to discover.
    Hello, I have checked this thread and I haven't found a soundtrack from this movie. I loved it since the first time I listened to it. I think I have found it in other movies as well but I can't remember.

I searched everywhere and could not find it.

This is the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkSrjxYl6Ls&t=320s , called "Challenge of Death".

The soundtrack starts from 5:20 and then again at 8:45

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Lashab; 06-14-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lashab View Post
    Hello, I have checked this thread and I haven't found a soundtrack from this movie. I loved it since the first time I listened to it. I think I have found it in other movies as well but I can't remember.

I searched everywhere and could not find it.

This is the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkSrjxYl6Ls&t=320s , called "Challenge of Death".

The soundtrack starts from 5:20 and then again at 8:45

Thank you in advance.

Greetings Lashab and Welcome to the Forum.

Jimbo, Lashab's inquiry reminds me of Japanese theme music from that era. Just my two cents.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings Lashab and Welcome to the Forum.

Jimbo, Lashab's inquiry reminds me of Japanese theme music from that era. Just my two cents.

mickey
    I agree, mickey. I've always thought it was most likely from a Japanese source, even though most people would probably automatically assume it's from an American or Italian western. I'm not saying it isn't, but there are characteristics to it that sound distinctly like 1960s-era Japanese, whether from the samurai, yakuza or early '60s Japanese 'eastern-western' genres.

Lashab:

Hi. That track seems very rare, and it's certainly been hard to track down. There is no guarantee its original source is even available online. If I can find it, I will definitely post it up, unless someone else knows it and posts it first.

There is also what I believe is a related track in the movie The Murder of Murders (a.k.a., The Massive, 1978). It can be heard from 35:35, 37:02, 38:16, and at other points during the film, when the character 'The Light in the Dark', portrayed by Miao Tien, appears:

Last edited by Jimbo; 06-14-2017 at 10:06 AM.

I agree, mickey. I've always thought it was most likely from a Japanese source, even though most people would probably automatically assume it's from an American or Italian western. I'm not saying it isn't, but there are characteristics to it that sound distinctly like 1960s-era Japanese, whether from the samurai, yakuza or early '60s Japanese 'eastern-western' genres.

Lashab:

Hi. That track seems very rare, and it's certainly been hard to track down. There is no guarantee its original source is even available online. If I can find it, I will definitely post it up, unless someone else knows it and posts it first.

There is also what I believe is a related track in the movie The Murder of Murders (a.k.a., The Massive, 1978). It can be heard from 35:35, 37:02, 38:16, and at other points during the film, when the character 'The Light in the Dark', portrayed by Miao Tien, appears:

Thank you for the response. I had Murder of Murders on a video cassette when I was a kid and I used to watch it over and over again.But I am not sure it's the same composition though. I hear those sounds on 35:35, 37:02 and 38:16, it seems to me that they are different. Perhaps the instrument is different or something.

mickey might be right, as I searched numerous western music and none of them corresponds. I doubt such a good song would not pop up on youtube after 2 hours of search.

This is a clear soundtrack for Challenge of Death, it's not heard for few seconds but for like a minute. I wonder why it is hard to find... For example we know all soundtracks of Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, even the ones that are heard for like 5 seconds...

Thank you again, I hope you or someone else finds it.

Thank you for the response. I had Murder of Murders on a video cassette when I was a kid and I used to watch it over and over again.But I am not sure it's the same composition though. I hear those sounds on 35:35, 37:02 and 38:16, it seems to me that they are different. Perhaps the instrument is different or something.
    Lashab:

I believe the track in The Murder of Murders is RELATED to the track in Challenge of Death, meaning they are different tracks, but most likely came from the same original source/movie. If you listen carefully, the general tune is the same.

Lashab:

I believe the track in The Murder of Murders is RELATED to the track in Challenge of Death, meaning they are different tracks, but most likely came from the same original source/movie. If you listen carefully, the general tune is the same.
    You might be right. Hopefully we can find that soundtrack.

Lashab:

Oh My God! I am so stupid.

The very last moment in this film has this soundtrack! I just remembered and confirmed it after I checked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs1fuAG0WIE&t=5413s

I mean exactly at 1:30:13

I wonder what the soundtrack is...
    Last edited by Lashab; 06-18-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Oh My God! I am so stupid.

The very last moment in this film has this soundtrack! I just remembered and confirmed it after I checked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs1fuAG0WIE&t=5413s

I mean exactly at 1:30:13

I wonder what the soundtrack is...
    Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't watched the video online up to the ending (I generally don't like watching movies online). The last time I watched The Murder of Murders in its entirety was at a grindhouse theater back in the early '80s. I had forgotten the ending, but I DID remember that related track earlier in the movie that I pointed out. That the track you are looking for is also in the movie should erase any doubts that it and the other track I mentioned are related.