Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Alan Orr Chi Sao to Gor Sao clip.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    If I had unloaded on him as I have in real fights 100% force , it would look like he got hit with a shotgun and flew backwards through the air.
    Out of curiosity again, how often do you "real fight with 100% force?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Because, of course, teep kicks/VT leg kicks thrown by VT people will always make people look like they got hit by a shotgun when unleashed in a 'real fight' with '100% force'.... And LOL @ kicking boxers in the gut like its some magical solution.

Of course. And boxers avoid hooks like that all the time angling off. The only hook that gives you trouble is the one you don't see.

Again, some "magical" kick that shares about 98% of the characteristics of a MT teep or savate foet. This is simply exploiting boxers rule sets. Try that garbage in a free MMA sparring session where its allowed by rules and you'll get dumped on your behind with the inevitable follow-on mount and gnp.

Wow, you're really tough. Can you show us your bicep? Then maybe I'll admire it and stop over-analyzing.

Exchange with boxers is about the only redeeming quality of the whole post.

Yeah, a closer range also works there too. Just ask James Toney after getting low singled by Randy Couture, mounted and pounded out.

And I'm not exactly sure how running away into kicking range embodies dealing with boxers combos. Anyone decent would pursue your flight out of the pocket to the longer distance range and not allow you to recover space.

Boxing is a sweet science. Limited range, limited weapons, but a mastery over what is used. Then again, VT is also a sweet science. But it's not a science to defeat boxing by adding kicks and becoming kickboxing.
    You live a different life to me...

I did 12 years vt training and bar /nightclub/rave security work in London UK. That's a lot of violence....violent life, violent social life, hard life, hanging around violent 'people' who hired me for my ...violent ability
    Is this still representative of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Is this still representative of your life?
    no ! if a guy wants my parking space, it his

You live a different life to me...
    I do. One where when I foette kick guys in the gut they keep coming after me as opposed to magically falling back as if hit by a shotgun blast.

I do. One where when I foette kick guys in the gut they keep coming after me as opposed to magically falling back as if hit by a shotgun blast.
    You're reading too much into one interaction. My point is that there are simpler ways of dealing with punches....you think you can take my kick ? step to me B71ch ; )
    Last edited by k gledhill; 01-27-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Lmao ~ ! I had a "boxer" come up to me the other day at my gym ( Gleasons ) after watching us VT sparring and doing drills. He asked me ( friendly ) how would I deal with a right punch, I stood up and asked him to hit me like we would be in a face off. As he moved in I kicked him square in the midsection. He said it was the last thing he expected and was caught totally off guard. If I had unloaded on him as I have in real fights 100% force , it would look like he got hit with a shotgun and flew backwards through the air.
    If you think for a second a 'hook' will give me trouble..people dont realize how many different punching methods I can stop with a simple kick or angling offline to the leading striking arm.
    The best thing about the VT kick is that it is non telegraphic and comes from the same structural positions as we move and angle according to the leading striking arms. You cant see it coming. I can parry AND kick in the same action as your hook. Sadly many if not most VT school teach some kind of omnipotent blocking gate theory, that requires the idiot to stand tough and be a heavy bag doesnt work !
    And then a Muay Thai guy walked up...........

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    And then a Muay Thai guy walked up...........
    and I kicked him in the nuts you are a true arm chair warrior.

and I kicked him in the nuts you are a true arm chair warrior.
    Yes, yes i am.

Sorry i only spar 2-3 times a week against boxers, MT guys and a mix of others.

What i should do is put up clips of some German WC guy and street riots in another country

Boxing is a sweet science. Limited range, limited weapons, but a mastery over what is used. Then again, VT is also a sweet science. But it's not a science to defeat boxing by adding kicks and becoming kickboxing.
    Your VT doesn't already have kicks? Why can't they be used against boxers like that? It's not fair?

Again, some "magical" kick that shares about 98% of the characteristics of a MT teep or savate foet. This is simply exploiting boxers rule sets. Try that garbage in a free MMA sparring session where its allowed by rules and you'll get dumped on your behind with the inevitable follow-on mount and gnp.
    The dang-geuk probably has about 2% shared characteristics. The mechanics are quite different. If you can't successfully apply dang-geuk, knowing when and how, that's your problem.

The dang-geuk probably has about 2% shared characteristics. The mechanics are quite different. If you can't successfully apply dang-geuk, knowing when and how, that's your problem.
    2%?

What are you kicking with? Your head?

No. The foot. In a kick. That's the 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    No. The foot. In a kick. That's the 2%.
    Ok, well im game for a comparison.

For a start...

Id suggest, from the waist up, that both kicks maintain an upright controlled posture when executing the kick, looking to maintain the shoulders position in regards to their opponent.

Thoughts?

Compare the leg actions, path, angle, power source & direction, contact, overall function, etc..

First of all, to do a proper comparison you need good examples, photos/clips.