Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaolin Body Armor

Yep, pretty much a parlour trick that can and has been duplicated by many non-tcma people.
    Maybe they should do a mythbuster episode on this stuff LOL !
    I can say that every single demo of "chi" that I have seen done by a "chi master" I have seen done by someone that is NOT a "chi master".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I don't know whether or not the temple guards would have regularly worn armor on day to day duty although it is likely, especially in periods of social turmoil. But They definitely would have been equipped with armor on the occasions when they were called in to assist the government.
    Armor would have been considered a necessity and was standard equipment in any military action. As a temple that at least in certain periods had permission to maintain a large force of fighting monks, Shaolin would always have had armor on hand.
    For most of Chinese history armor was standard equipment for soldiers, bandits, militias, and people guarding travelers, warehouses, caravans, buildings, or people.
    Armor was even commonly used in the small village / tribal / clan wars that were so prevalent, especially in the south.
    Of course the armor would be massively different depending on the period and the status and occupation of the person using it.

Japanese SoHei warrior monks would wear armour under their robes. I assume the shaolin did the same, or just wore the armour.

I wonder if they fought with those shoes on.......

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    If there's any orifice to iron-ize, the sphincter would not be on top of my list.
    If bawang was standing behind you, you might wish you had put it there!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    apparently he has a list.
    A list, or a fist?

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Japanese SoHei warrior monks would wear armour under their robes. I assume the shaolin did the same, or just wore the armour.

I wonder if they fought with those shoes on.......
    My ninjew sense tells me that's a chic and I can confirm that they can fight in heels. That's a pretty nice circumsizer she's got there.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Well I can tell you Iron Vulva is not something you want face in the heat of battle.

Huh, huh,.....huh,huh..... Uh, he said vulva. Huh,huh....huh,huh, Thats cool.