Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banishing qigong in my building! (Shanghai)

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    Today my building management came to our apartments door by door and had us sign an oath that we wouldn't practice any forms of demonic religions based on qigong and if we saw anyone practice it we should call them or the police immediately(notice that there was no mention of FLG and it only mentioned qigong). At first I didn't want to sign but then I realized that these people might actually cause trouble for me. I don't know anything about FLG and I don't really care but I guess I need to do my zhanzhuang and qigong training somewhere outside of this complex.
    Hi everybody! I'm new here. I have also arrived to Shanghai and wanted to practise Zhan Zhuang under the guidance of a teacher. Are you guys living here aware of any? I tried to search online but with no result. It seems like there are some only in Beijing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I heard rumours of a reeducation programme taking roots mandated by Beijing in Hong Kong so I am guessing that similar stealth citizen watch groups are upping the ante on informing on their neighbours who do not follow a party line according to the city or province. I have no direct knowledge but the pattern is there from the past with increased surveillance, even in USA on innocent people, just because it can be done.

Whoh! I think there's always a conflict in China between what is written down in China and what the reality is though. I don't think most people would bother - well, except for the small group of older women with nothing better to do than concern themselves with what other people are doing, as you have noted.

Still, to be safe, it might be good to throw in punches or strikes occasionally into what you do, so people are absolutely sure that what you are doing is a martial art, or go very early to a park where there are other martial artists around.

Quote Originally Posted by smig View Post
    Hi everybody! I'm new here. I have also arrived to Shanghai and wanted to practise Zhan Zhuang under the guidance of a teacher. Are you guys living here aware of any? I tried to search online but with no result. It seems like there are some only in Beijing.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Smig, PM me if you need more info on practice in Shanghai.