Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets try a discussion about White Crane Gongfu!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Granted, but not every grab is deserving of mass annihilation !
    There may also be a "dim mak" thing here...
    even if I am simply doing a cum-na sao technique, I set it up with a strike, usually to a point. "use strikes to set up locks, to set up strikes."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    even if I am simply doing a cum-na sao technique, I set it up with a strike, usually to a point. "use strikes to set up locks, to set up strikes."
    Indeed and agreed.
    I am not a fan of hitting the limbs when better targets are available.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Indeed and agreed.
    hitting the body of a limb can render out as ineffective, I agree after making more than several attempts at these kinds and types of striking techs.

However, after further instruction, discussion and application, it is not the limbs which are to be struck at, it is the joints on the limbs. That is the weakest point of any limb and that is where you strike or rend or pull. On a joint.

strike or grab and pull at the joint in the direction it is NOT intended or made to go.

voila, there's a bucket load of CMA secret right there folks.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    When you fight conservatively, it's not a bad strategy.

If you can drop your sharp elbow at your opponent's "instep" when he throws roundhouse kick or side kick at you. You may be able to disable his kick for a short while. Since you don't have to move much. all you need is to aim your elbow at your target when he kick. Your opponent comes to you. You don't need to go to him. Not hard to do but the reward is great.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-21-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Crane Sweeps The Ceiling.

Please excuse my poor notes LOL !!!. Here is a Fujian style of chopping to the wrists as found in several Crane forms - performed with the free hand from below the 'offended' or 'grabbed' limb. Chops are made in the directions shown by red arrows. Elbows of course should always stay close together and to the front... it's quite effective if practsed and performed well.
    Regards.

Hi, I've been asked by sdf123 tom post the following as it seems his account has been suspended or he has been banned?:

To Hendrik:

Hi Hendrik,

1:42 is not done by brute force. You see as Master Chung pulled down the opponent, he only uses 2 fingers on each hand. I think it will still be hard to pull someone down like that even if one is really muscular, or not to pull someone down without any resistance like that. Don’t believe me?? give it a try. Therefore, there is a lot more going on than a seemingly downward pull, my friend.

To respect the purpose of this thread and Ron’s interest, let me ask you the following questions.

Hendrik, you can read Chinese and have studied about white crane before, right??

Have you heard about this phrase, "鶴法只靠搖宗手?”

The translation roughly goes like, “Jin in White Crane is all about 搖(yao)宗(zong).”

What is your interpretation on 搖(yao) and宗(zong) and should those two be considered separately or collectively??

Or you must have heard about this “連三起峻”. before. It is written under the QiGong section of Fāng Qīniáng’s text.

連(lian): to link

三(san): three

起(qi):activate, to raise

峻(jun): ??? (I would like to learn about your interpretation on this word and the whole phrase.)

To YouKnowWho:

Hi YouKnowWho,

Yes, you can you hurt someone by hitting them with the back of your palms. that is actually the water hand from the 5 element hands (metal,wood,water,fire and earth).

Being hit by water hand at 中府(ZhongFu) or 雲門(Yunmen), the two pressure points, could be interesting.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

I am happy to keep the discussion flowing here.

I will contribute as time allows me to do so.

Perhaps someone would like to chime in with the creation of White Crane by Fang Qiniang which I believe illustrates the Fighting nature of the art.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Minghequan,

it was my fault. I accidentally signed in with my older non-activated account so I
    thought my account was locked.

now it is fine now.

and thank you for posting those two questions for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    9...Draw down, pull, then strike with severity.
    If your opponent grabs your forearm, wrist or hand, use your free hand to chop to his wrist.

I take issue with this. If an opponent grabs your forearm, hit him. Striking to the wrist is inefficient, a waste of a movement. Your opponent will grab and strike, not simply hold.
    I see what you mean, but I think it's just a basic concept that is probably expanded when applied at more proficient levels. For example, the "chop to the wrist," will probably become similar to the "pak-da" concepts where you chop the grabbing hand and hit at the same time using the other hand, so that the instant the grabbed hand is free, it's already punching.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...