Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Community

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Yes. Just not here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    For sure.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 06-19-2012 at 08:02 PM.

IMO yes there is a community but it is becoming more and more fractured with each passing generation as desperate egos try to justify what they do and make ever more exaggerated marketing claims.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

There is, I believe, a pretty strong Wing Chun community in my home town of London. By community, I mean that everybody seems to know each other and have crossed paths and hands over the years. There is quite a good respect between everyone from what I have witnessed but I must admit I have kept myself to myself and only really ventured out to my own direct family in recent years.

It was a challenge for me to meet the people I have and I really see why it can be difficult when people start involving politics and money!

I think an International community needs to be developed more, so we can all benefit from eachothers experiences but I'm not too confident anything like this will ever happen on a large scale.

I liked the idea of training 'travellers' for free
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hong Kong has more sense of the community for the Wing Chun style than USA.

White poeple just cannot get along

[QUOTE=rogerlee36;1174652]Hong Kong has more sense of the community for the Wing Chun style than USA.

-------------------------------------------------

For sure.

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1174691]
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlee36 View Post

For sure.
    When I was at the VTAA in '95, the motto 'once you pick you cannot go between floors" still echoed but I agree, VT was something eagerly shared by all. I am very happy to be umungst the ving tsun community. The forum is the least of these. In Vancouver much of my training was at Kuen Way martial arts supply in the heart of Chinatown where I worked and trained. Players from all local VT houses and all gung fu schools came to share often.Many times well known sifu and fighters dropped by...maybe some of you... And many edgy MA fighters from every where including action stars and stunt folk doing movies at the time and hungry MMA hopefuls and vets came to call with our little group in the back being the only 'action'. So much respect and learning/sharing..and testing. To me VT is my heart and community in many ways. That's why I lamed out abit ago over the forum style of working stuff out. When fighters are face to face, we don't talk that way,ever...unless ya want the mat. I was very lucky in my experiences, I can see now
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 06-20-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    When fighters are face to face, we don't talk that way,ever...unless ya want the mat. I was very lucky in my experiences, I can see now
    Your words ring so very true, something many on this forum should reflect on.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

I find it very interesting that this sort of comment can go by with nobody saying a ****-bird! And somehow I knew that Joy would agree too
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I find it very interesting that this sort of comment can go by with nobody saying a ****-bird! And somehow I knew that Joy would agree too
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What gives????? Lone Tiger-Jumping to conclusions carelessly.I agreed that there is greater civility among
    HK WC schools than there is in the US atleast on forums. I did not comment on the reference to color.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    I did not comment on the reference to color.
    No need to Joy but you responded to that post which, imho, is just as bad.

I have read enough stuff from you over the years about us Brits to have already left an impression and this hasn't helped.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

I have read enough stuff from you over the years about us Brits to have already left an impression and this hasn't helped.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

His comment on the relative lack of rancor in the wc world in HK was on target. I ignored his other
    reference (or choice of words)to "whites". Do you understand distinctions?

My comments on "Brits" did not use race as a point of definition-they were about politics and aspects of culture.Do you understand distinctions? Sheesh!!

Bad Choice Politically

I understand what you’re saying Joy, but when I’d seen that post; I couldn’t help but shutter from disbelieve, and I do strongly believe that most people feel the same way as I do. But that’s just his personal POV (nothing wrong with that).

And by connecting yourself to that statement, even just the first half of it would easily connect you to the second part of that post even more; by not being white.

I’m not trying to tell you what to do/say, but I do believe that you have the capability to express your opinion without quoting that post in which I find very confusing/unsettling.

My PPOV,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 06-21-2012 at 10:44 AM.

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1174691]

For sure.
    Not sure what you guys are talking about, Joy here clearly is agreeing with the part he quoted from.
    Nothing to do with this remark:
    Which, by the way, had a big smilie on it.

I think you guys are seeing what you want to see, not what is there...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

You are very sensitive, perhaps too much time on the femnine side of wing chun?

I love the irony of this bend in the thread! So, does 'white people' like comprise 'the rest of the whole world less the Chinese, 'Western' or otherwise?
    I always wanted to be an 'evil white guy' in a Chinese Kung Fu movie!!
    I thought those guys were white. You know, speaking with watchyacallit...'cultural imperative'..
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 06-21-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.