Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Community

[QUOTE=sanjuro_ronin;1174831]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

Not sure what you guys are talking about, Joy here clearly is agreeing with the part he quoted from.
    Nothing to do with this remark:

Which, by the way, had a big smilie on it.

I think you guys are seeing what you want to see, not what is there...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    True. I was clear on the distinction.I have no control over what Spencer thinks.

I think that I will pass up on English tea for penance for a while.Is there such a thing as English tea?

Much ado about nothing.

Bad Choice Politically

Much ado about nothing.
    Joy,

I’m sure you have a good heart, but I just can’t see it that way because he has a strong point. Myself being a ‘Blackman’, I’ve heard the same response over and over again from almost every culture I’ve ran into.

The thing is to recognize others pain from your own experience, but to take them as contempt will only make the issue harden with suppression; not saying that you did anything wrong, but,,,, it will feel a lot different if it was the other way around.

All I’m saying is just recognize that (to yourself) and I’m sure the four words of your last statement would feel totally contradictory on how you may feel at this moment…

Take care,
    Last edited by Ali. R; 06-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.

I think all of you who are upset with Joy are being a little ridiculous and unfair IMO. It was very clear what he quoted and what he agreed with. Why is everyone jumping on him and not 'rogerlee' or whatever his name is if you're so upset? He's the one who actually said the comment and even then, it was obvious sarcasm. Somewhat true sarcasm IMO.

And Spencer, how do you feel about Americans? Honestly? Most of the world hates us and I'm not crying about it. Am I not allowed to express MY distaste for a particular cultural environment without being labeled racist? Can I not say to each his own, honestly not pass judgement on the actual participants and yet still not partake? Your logic is so hypocritical. Using your train of thought I would be wrong for saying I don't like the drug culture or that I'm not taking the misses to a swingers party anytime soon! Or how about British comedy. I think it's horrible but I'm sure there's something distinctly American you find horrible too. Why don't people recognize racism for what it truly is instead of attaching it to all kinds of non related crap. I don't dislike the Brits because of their race or genetic makeup but I dislike the general British way of doing things(sans the music) and that my friend is not racist or "unbelievable". Agree with your local organized crime syndicates cultural exchange and then you might have a point but until then, grab a tissue...

This have nothing to do with right and wrong; again, no one said that ‘Joy’ did anything wrong but ‘Spencer’ himself.

And those types’ of comments shouldn’t be welcomed/condone by anyone in everyday life, I’ve been called the N word many times and with a smile too, does that make it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    This have nothing to do with right and wrong; again, no one said that ‘Joy’ did anything wrong but ‘Spencer’ himself.

And those types’ of comments shouldn’t be welcomed/condone by anyone in everyday life, I’ve been called the N word many times and with a smile too, does that make it right?
    And I've been called a gringo, cracker, liberal, white trash, etc. all with a smile as well. And to top it off, all of those phrases are allowed in popular media. Is it wrong? If it offended me, then I guess yes it would be. Am I offended? I don't care. To me, IMO it appears that what actually divides the most in 'race discourse' has more to do with the offended group banding together and identifying those comments to the race of whom the individual that said them belongs than to the actual individual himself. If that wasn't the case, then why can most racial comments be said amongst their own racial group without care, yet it only matters when one of a different race says it. Just my observation....

A good chor ma turn and the water and dirt goes flying. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    And I've been called a gringo, cracker, liberal, white trash, etc. all with a smile as well. And to top it off, all of those phrases are allowed in popular media. Is it wrong? If it offended me, then I guess yes it would be. Am I offended? I don't care. To me, IMO it appears that what actually divides the most in 'race discourse' has more to do with the offended group banding together and identifying those comments to the race of whom the individual that said them belongs than to the actual individual himself. If that wasn't the case, then why can most racial comments be said amongst their own racial group without care, yet it only matters when one of a different race says it. Just my observation....
    I see what you’re saying, I was brought up not to say those words because it may hurt people in the process, but sometimes you just can’t get away from it, you’re right; that’s entrainment (favorite song or movie) because one can love the track and may not feel for some of the lyrics, but you have a choice.

I didn’t let it bother me as well (being called names) at least they didn’t see it, and you don’t have a choice but to deal with or hear it when it’s openly voiced towards you or anyone else that may be around (like my children), and it hurts a lot by not having a choice.

But,,, I just can’t see anything pleasant while calling anyone derogatory names, where I’m from that could very well get you killed, even by your own race.

But your point is taken,

‘Spencer’, all Americans are not like that or think that way.

A good chor ma turn and the water and dirt goes flying. No worries.
    There is nothing dirty on what’s being said here, someone was hurt based off a comment that you quoted and remarks that you made in the pass, no one is doing/done anything to you Joy, and the only dirt that’s flying around is yours.

Why fight when you should make peace with him personally. Believe me, this does not look good, I really don’t understand, you are a leader and a voice here of this forum, it harden my heart that you can’t identified or see what he’s saying.

Maybe it’s just me, why worry about people and relationships in the wing chun community? You don't get it; he’s one of us and we have to start somewhere when dealing with something as sensitive as this…

WT#%*
    Last edited by Ali. R; 06-21-2012 at 02:26 PM.

There is nothing dirty on what’s being said here, someone was hurt based off a comment that you quoted and remarks that you made in the pass, no one is doing/done anything to you Joy, and the only dirt that’s flying around is yours.

Why fight when you should make peace with him personally. Believe me, this does not look good, I really don’t understand, you are a leader and a voice here of this forum, it harden my heart that you can’t identified or see what he’s saying.

Maybe it’s just me, why worry about people and relationships in the wing chun community? You don't get it; he’s one of us and we have to start somewhere when dealing with something as sensitive as this…

WT#%*
    --------------------------------------------------
    Ali- Spencer may have a beef with the second part of RogerLees post-he should have none with me.
    Sanjuro got it right. To the best of my knowledge, I have made NO racist comments. Cultures and politics? Yes.

BTW I do like Waltzing Matilda better than God Save the Queen and Sakamoto's Sukiyaki better than the current Japanese anthem. Racist comments?- decidedly not

BTW I do like Waltzing Matilda better than God Save the Queen
    Ill agree with you there Joy

WT#%*
    Joy is a leader of what or who on this forum? He does not believe in this community by his own words. Not the kind thing a leader would say. Is he special here from everyone else? I don't think so.

Joy is just someone with an opinion and something to share or not share. Who here is special case beside Hendrik who speaks for us all? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Joy is a leader of what or who on this forum? He does not believe in this community by his own words. Not the kind thing a leader would say. Is he special here from everyone else? I don't think so.

Joy is just someone with an opinion and something to share or not share. Who here is special case beside Hendrik who speaks for us all? Haha.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True.

Neither a leader nor a follower be
    Maybe the truth could make you free.

--------------------------------------------------
    Ali- Spencer may have a beef with the second part of RogerLees post-he should have none with me.
    Sanjuro got it right. To the best of my knowledge, I have made NO racist comments. Cultures and politics? Yes.

BTW I do like Waltzing Matilda better than God Save the Queen and Sakamoto's Sukiyaki better than the current Japanese anthem. Racist comments?- decidedly not
    Nobody called you a racist; not even close but you beginning to sound like one in defense. The only reason why he has a problem is because: one would think that you would put yourself above that kind of comment/post.

When most here had the common sense to run from it; but yet, you quoted it and your defense falls in the category of “I’m somewhat/almost pregnant” by doing so.

If you feel good about it then its ok with me, I’ve just don’t the balls to touch something like that comment/post and try to make good sense/reason out of it and while knowing what’s on the other end of it, as well…

Cheers,

Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post

My bad,

I’ve put too much faith in ‘Joy’.

Nobody called you a racist; not even close but you beginning to sound like one in defense. The only reason why he has a problem is because: one would think that you would put yourself above that kind of comment/post.

When most here had the common sense to run from it; but yet, you quoted it and your defense falls in the category of “I’m somewhat/almost pregnant” by doing so.

If you feel good about it then its ok with me, I’ve just don’t the balls to touch something like that comment/post and try to make good sense/reason out of it and while knowing what’s on the other end of it, as well…

Cheers,
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Ali- in dealing with statements and paragraphs, one can use a scalpel and not a hammer and separate

things not logically related to one another.. I have been to Hong Kong several times.
    WC schools go about their own business-different from the noise outside of HK and on some forums including this one. The logic of Lee's two sentences were different from each other. Person's can make true statements and then also make some outlandish statements.