Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Community

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Not the thread so much as someone pushing his own agenda
    That's my point dude, the WC community is full of guys "pushing their agenda".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

My choice, to read what someone else felt, all based upon race or did that never happen? No one stood up for me when my wife was insulted on this forum and no one ever apologies as well, so your theory is full of holes.

I tried giving him the benefit of doubt by saying he didn’t do anything wrong, he has chosen his own path. Meanwhile there is someone hurt over all of this; therefore I just don’t have an open mind to act as if nothing has happen like you can.

And now you’re saying that I’m wrong for accepting and acknowledging his pain, come on, when no one else would, where’s the community in that?
    Last edited by Ali. R; 06-22-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    My choice, to read what someone else felt, all based upon race or did that never happen? No one stood up for me when my wife was insulted on this forum and no one ever apologies as well, so your theory is full of holes.

I tried giving him the benefit of doubt by saying he didn’t do anything wrong, he has chosen his own path. Meanwhile there is someone hurt over all of this; therefore I just don’t have an open mind to act as if nothing has happen like you can.

And now you’re saying that I’m wrong for accepting and acknowledging his pain, come on, when no one else would?
    Nothing happened. You have either imagined it or want to happen so you can play the race game..... simple.
    Not sure where/how your wife came into it?

Mate, its a simple forum where people type things on a screen trying to share a bit of knowledge, have a dig at each other (hi Spencer!) and maybe even make some friends.
    Ive had my moments with Joy (and others) but you are beating a drum no one is marching to in this case

If we're trying to make friends here then why I’m I such a bad person for caring about others?

And now you’re saying that I’m wrong for accepting and acknowledging his pain, come on, when no one else would, where’s the community in that?
    You can NOT READ into what someone else FELT, you can only interpret what they wrote based on what you read and HOW you read it to mean.
    In short, you understood what Joy wrote based on what you wanted to understand.

He NEVER agreed with the comment (that was done in jest) about white people, which was perfectly clear since he never mentioned or quoted it in his reply.
    What you did was read what ANOTHER poster wrote, say that Joy replied to that post,(IGNORED that he did NOT reply to ALL of it and ONLY agreed with PART of it) and then accuse him of a racist remark that he NEVER made OR agreed with.

In short you made a mistake and should apologize for it.

If we're trying to make friends here then why I’m I such a bad person for caring about others?
    Hows Martyr suit then?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That's my point dude, the WC community is full of guys "pushing their agenda".
    Look, everyone has their own agenda, fair enough

But i cant help thinking that most guys here like to win a verbal/internet battle because they'll never have a real fight (using their WC) in their wildest dreams

This cyber-sparring is their outlet.

Make you a bet, just posted the Joe Louis thread.... its actually about applied fighting and its comparison to WC.

It will hardly get a look or a comment

Thumbs up I’m sure they/me don’t speak for everyone here

Hows Martyr suit then?
    You’re right, why should I care when no one else will?
    Last edited by Ali. R; 06-22-2012 at 06:30 AM.

But i cant help thinking that most guys here like to win a verbal/internet battle because they'll never have a real fight (using their WC) in their wildest dreams

Make you a bet, just posted the Joe Louis thread.... its actually about applied fighting and its comparison to WC.

I accept that bet

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I accept that bet
    Ok, $1 bet theres less than 10 comments (excluding you and i) in the next 24 hours

I don’t think most of the people are like that here on this forum and only look for drama, I couldn’t play them that cheap. But, it’s a good thread and I have no problem with it but I wouldn’t touch it, epically while under those circumstances.

Ok, $1 bet theres less than 10 comments (excluding you and i) in the next 24 hours
    Conditions AFTER I accepted?
    You sir, are a YALE man !!

-------------------------------------
    Hey-I plan to look at it and comment.

A problem with net chat is many folks type before they think.. and un-reflective egos and search for power seeps in.
    Face to face-many will sip a drink and chat.

I will have/keep the biggest ego if it entails respecting all humanity, genders and cultures, because I have no dislike of anyone’s culture or way or life.

You’re right, why should I care when no one else will?
    Well I can only apologise for sending this whole thread into some sort of justification for an off-the-cuff post I aimed at Joy.

Never intended it to cause such a fuss but I am thankful that you at least cared about how I read or misread Joys intentions.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術