Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wing Chun Community

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Yep, it is

The Louis thread got 319 looks with 11 replies

This one, 2237 looks with 102 replies.

It just confirms what i believe WC is to the majority, a social club where proving your point, pushing your agenda and theorising self defense to death is the norm.

Keep the buck and put it to a MT magazine, youll get more value from that than here
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glenn- I replied. Further- watching Louis in his youth is instructive- and parallels some wing chun principles on balance, measured steps etc.
    On the net in a list of 20 best fighters of all time Louis was listed as #2 with Ali as #1.
    There was one fun verbal exchange between Ali and Louis. Ali as usual was saying he was the greatest.Louis replied something like- you know I once had a bum of the month tour. You would have been on the tour.
    By the the time Louis faced Rocky he was over the hill and didn't have much defense. Some Marciano right that sent Louis sagging into the ropes.
    Head blows left both Louis and Ali damaged at the end.

joy

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glenn- I replied. Further- watching Louis in his youth is instructive- and parallels some wing chun principles on balance, measured steps etc.
    On the net in a list of 20 best fighters of all time Louis was listed as #2 with Ali as #1.
    There was one fun verbal exchange between Ali and Louis. Ali as usual was saying he was the greatest.Louis replied something like- you know I once had a bum of the month tour. You would have been on the tour.
    By the the time Louis faced Rocky he was over the hill and didn't have much defense. Some Marciano right that sent Louis sagging into the ropes.
    Head blows left both Louis and Ali damaged at the end.

joy
    Noticed your reply Joy, i think you are as big a fan of boxing (almost) as me