Thread: I hate articles like this...

I hate articles like this...

http://www.masslive.com/living/index..._benefits.html

Shea explained that sped up, tai chi looks like a martial art, but there’s deep philosophy involved in it and the development of mind, body and spirit.

In its slow form, tai chi is graceful and moving to watch, with the quality of fine dance.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post

Ha, at least it gets these people motivated to do something, it might be misleading but what isn't in life.

V
    Cheers
    Last edited by Robinhood; 07-16-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Taiji is one of the most complicated and most complete systems in martial arts. Reaching a high level in taiji is so difficult and takes so much time that very few people can actually pull it off. There is so much crappy taiji everywhere that beginners would have a very hard time finding an authentic instructor in all this mess. I think systems like taiji should be kept to be taught only to people who have somehow done their homework in an external art,xinyi etc or the whole thing would not be much different from learning weird slow dance moves. I'm not against all this taiji dance thing as it's better than doing nothing especially for the elderly but what I don't like is that it has almost completely eclipsed taiji as a great martial art.
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 06-25-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Yes.

The second routine is fast and sudden.

Many and many stomping feet.

Not slowly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    Taiji is one of the most complicated and most complete systems in martial arts. Reaching a high level in taiji is so difficult and takes so much time that very few people can actually pull it off. There is so much crappy taiji everywhere that beginners would have a very hard time finding an authentic instructor in all this mess. I think systems like taiji should be kept to be taught only to people who have somehow done their homework in an external art,xinyi etc or the whole thing would not be much different from learning weird slow dance moves. I'm not against all this taiji dance thing as it's better than doing nothing especially for the elderly but what I don't like is that it has almost completely eclipsed taiji as a great martial art.
    I second that !