Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun master class demo

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's you who always does the "guessing work".

I don't do "guessing work". I put up my "personal clip" to back up my work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73JxUuHS9S0

Great effort.

However, you missed the key point of the Ip Man lineage bong variation technics.
    your technic is possible because you missed the key point there at the very begining of your set up. in mathematical sense you are solving a wrong question.

that is what I called guessing work. missed a little missed thousands of miles.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-28-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's you who always does the "guessing work".

I don't do "guessing work". I put up my "personal clip" to back up my work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73JxUuHS9S0
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have gone over this before. You don't do wing chun-period.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We have gone over this before. You don't do wing chun-period.
    That is my conclusion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    IHMO,

This a type of Bong Sau variation in Gm Ip Man teaching. it doest work. and Leo is doing his best to teach.

other WCK lineages also uses this type of technics only it is named differently.

Even the Yang Taiji form has a slight variation of this.

So, it is a solid technic. just one needs to know what it is.
    Sifu/Siheng Leo is the fight cheographer for the ip man movie

However I dont do, or was taught bong sao like this.

My Chum Kil is jum sao energy with forward downward energy
    讲你不听,听你不明,明你不做,做你又做错,错你又不认,认你又不改,改你又不服,不服你又不讲;那你要我 怎么办?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior8 View Post
    Sifu/Siheng Leo is the fight cheographer for the ip man movie

However I dont do, or was taught bong sao like this.

My Chum Kil is jum sao energy with forward downward energy

Shadow,

Give you a hint

側身肩為子午線
    膀手鶴頂勁逼迫
    手過三關任我打

It is wing Chun.
    Game is over and those who don't know WCK still don't see it. It is even more ridiculous that the So called fighter cannot see it.

Shadow,

Give you a hint

側身肩為子午線
    膀手鶴頂勁逼迫
    手過三關任我打

It is wing Chun.
    Game is over and those who don't know WCK still don't see it. It is even more ridiculous that the So called fighter cannot see it.
    Thanks senior.

In the fight scene you can see leo taught donnie yen the same bong sao, since he was the fight cheographer. Guy flies back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcpDmGqS6A

I wouldnt really call it a traditional bong sao with the redirection energy and sung wrist, it more with "lan" energy and a stiff wrist and structure so even though I spiral out, the force of the attackers punch is redirected back into his structure. I do this when I teach class, but I make sure I explain the differences in the energy

Some more about Sifu/Siheng Leo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-DCcouDSJg

Thanks senior.

In the fight scene you can see leo taught donnie yen the same bong sao, since he was the fight cheographer. Guy flies back
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcpDmGqS6A

I wouldnt really call it a traditional bong sao with the redirection energy and sung wrist, it more with "lan" energy and a stiff wrist and structure so even though I spiral out, the force of the attackers punch is redirected back into his structure. I 1. do this when I teach class, but I make sure I explain the differences in the energy

Some more about Sifu/Siheng Leo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-DCcouDSJg

Yes, agree.

it is named as 埋身逼打 close body pressing attack。

or called 白鶴展翅 white crane spread its wings, since Bong is belong to Crane wing in the old WCK snake and crane ternminology. this method press capture disrupt the structure via shoulder bow jamming.

it is the technics of combat at the second and third gate range. where most people only does first and second gate.

Contradict to most who think Leo avoid the center line, actually center line in WCK is dynamic, in sland body, shoulder line is the center line. and Leo has captured this center line via jamming the shoulder bow or joint, and disrupted the structure in this video. the indication can be clearly seen in the clip as the shoulder of the opponents is force to lifed up all the time, if one take a look at 1.00 to the end. Leo is always in control.

as for John Youknowwho, he fail to see what is going on and thinking he can move his elbow.....etc. well, that cannot be done until one can de link and free the shoulder bow , one has to struggle with the captured shoulder center line before one can free to do other thing. Take a look at the John's clip,john is free to do what he does because in his set up, his shoulder and structure is not captured.

4. thus, i dont buy the claim of all these expert fighters here, because if they can not even see the jamming shoulder bow or joints . the critical point. they might be expert fighters in their own definition and words, however, by evidence, they are certainly not well train WCner. not to mention WCK figher that is forsure. they dont know what they are talking. at least not WCK. due to missing the critical infront of their eyes.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-29-2012 at 09:26 AM.

thanks senior

我又学到东西了

this 1840s wingchun is good stuff indeed.

thanks senior

我又学到东西了

this 1840s wingchun is good stuff indeed.

those are just the basic of

-------

所謂「避實擊虛」就是如常山之蛇。撃其頭則尾應。撃尾則頭應。撃腹則頭尾應。也因為如此。註定 了詠春拳「借 力打力。近身貼纒。善發寸勁」。
    Avoid strong point attack weak spot can be analogy as the snake . When it was attacked on the head, it avoids the head attack and counter with its tail. When it was attacked on the tail. It avoids the tail attact and counter with its tail. When it was attacked on the stomach. It avoids the stomach and counter with both the head and tail. WCK is using "borrow force to destroy force, close body stick reeling, inch power" to realize the principle of avoid strong point attack weak spot.

------

center line is not define as a physical fix center line from the frontal.

but define as the imaginary axis run from the center of the top of the head or bai hui to the hui yin down ward.

one can capture this center line from different angle. not neccesary the frontal only.

in sland body, that line accord with the shoulder line. it is just looking at that central axis from the angle of slanding or side body view.

in this case, jamming the shoulder bow or joint, that is already game over, one has control of the structure.

Blog Entries
    as for John Youknowwho, he fail to see what is going on and thinking he can move his elbow.....etc. well, that cannot be done until one can de link and free the shoulder bow , one has to struggle with the captured shoulder center line before one can free to do other thing. Take a look at the John's clip,john is free to do what he does because in his set up, his shoulder and structure is not captured.
    When you pull your punching arm back to your waist, you will drop your elbow fist. This move exist in all TCMA forms as the ending posture.

You fail to see what could happen at 1.20.

- I don't have to use my shoulder. Since my elbow joint has passed my opponent's forearm, I can drop and bend my arm right at my elbow joint.
    - My elbow dropping take advantage on the gravity. There is no way that my opponent can stop it.
    - If my opponent moves in toward me 埋身逼打(close body pressing attack), it will help me to reduce the distance.
    - I still have my left free arm that can be used to block my opponent's right punch if needed.
    - Since my opponent's right hand is below my arm, he can only punch on my body. When I drop my right elbow, my right palm can hit on top of his head. I prefer a trade like that.

Few other elements you also fail to see.

- It's very difficult to block a fast punch.
    - When you block a punch, that punch can change into a Fu Shou and pull your Bong Shou arm away.
    - The dropping elbow can also deflect the Bong Shou away.
    - That punch can be a fake bait. The punch can pull back before contact.

Trying to cover all different outcomes at 1.20 is not realistic.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-29-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Lets be honest here, nobody is going to throw a punch being to far away to begin with, no one is going to leave punch hanging straight out at head height, a bong is to slow to block high punch and is wrong move from start.

Video is fantasy, never happen that way.

Cheers

finally someone know what i was doing

Shadow,

Give you a hint

側身肩為子午線
    膀手鶴頂勁逼迫
    手過三關任我打

It is wing Chun.

Thanks Hendrik,

I hv read most of the replies, finally only you can see what i was doing, very good indeed.

When i was making this video (actually all my videos), i dont want to show people some normal box standard wing chun which everyone know and everyone do.

I want to show some wing chun which is different and not many people will do the way i do. Most people when they first see it will think the techniques were wrong or even a bit alien for them (for example you can see from the first few pages on this forum).

However the way i applied my wing chun are still follow the wing chun principle. If the people they dont really understand wing chun and not able to think outside the box they will think i was wrong. More important is they wont able to just copy my techniques and use it in their wing chun system.

i saw one personal called me Siheng, he may be ip chun's or Samuel's student but he may not know i also got another wing chun Sifu.

by the way i also choreographed the ip chun fight scene in 'Ip man: the legend is born' movie to show people if you understand your kung fu (wing chun) good enough you can do what ever u want as long as you follow the principle and you will possible become very close to formless.

Leo Au Yeung
    Last edited by A Joyful Proces; 06-29-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Joyful Proces View Post
    Thanks Hendrik,

I hv read most of the replies, finally only you can see what i was doing, very good indeed.

When i was making this video (actually all my videos), i dont want to show people some normal box standard wing chun which everyone know and everyone do.

I want to show some wing chun which is different and not many people will do the way i do. Most people when they first see it will think the techniques were wrong or even a bit alien for them (for example you can see from the first few pages on this forum).

However the way i applied my wing chun are still follow the wing chun principle. If the people they dont really understand wing chun and not able to think outside the box they will think i was wrong. More important is they wont able to just copy my techniques and use it in their wing chun system.

i saw one personal called me Siheng, he may be ip chun's or Samuel's student but he may not know i also got another wing chun Sifu.

by the way i also choreographed the ip chun fight scene in 'Ip man: the legend is born' movie to show people if you understand your kung fu (wing chun) good enough you can do what ever u want as long as you follow the principle and you will possible become very close to formless.

Leo Au Yeung

Leo,

Thanks!
    I am just a no can do clown to push my YKT for health. hahaha

as for WCK the following is my view
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5bnV6kpjQ

you have done very good for introducing WCK to the public, thanks and appreciate!
    Keep up your excellent works! Hope to see your new movies !

Best Regards
    Hendrik

PS. yes, Bertrand is from Ip Chun 's line in my understanding.
    what you show in your demo is a good example of
    膀手鶴頂勁. 手過三關. Great!

拳從心發:

象天則地,圓空法生,大小開合,唯妙于心。
    如如不動,是真陰陽,寶斯不動,發用乃常。

靜如秋月,動若飆風,彬彬克敵,分寸之中。
    輕若鴻毛,重逾泰山,用中無形,體用一焉。
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-29-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Leo,

Thanks!
    I am just a no can do clown to push my YKT for health. hahaha

as for WCK the following is my view
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5bnV6kpjQ

you have done very good for introducing WCK to the public, thanks and appreciate!
    Keep up your excellent works! Hope to see your new movies !

Best Regards
    Hendrik

PS. yes, Bertrand is from Ip Chun 's line in my understanding.
    what you show in your demo is a good example of
    膀手鶴頂勁. 手過三關. Great!

拳從心發:

象天則地,圓空法生,大小開合,唯妙于心。
    如如不動,是真陰陽,寶斯不動,發用乃常。

靜如秋月,動若飆風,彬彬克敵,分寸之中。
    輕若鴻毛,重逾泰山,用中無形,體用一焉。

Hi Hendrik,

Your chinese is very good, impressive.
    Where are you now? if you are in London, i would be interested to meet you. My wing chun is still very limited and you must able to teach me a lot. by the way which wing chun lineage are you from?
    All the words you said is true but i wonder how many people can do it......

regards
    leo au yeung
    Last edited by A Joyful Proces; 06-29-2012 at 02:59 PM.

A good little discussion finally happens on KFO and it's nice to also see Sifu Leo here who I guess understands Hendriks viewpoint too

I only have one thing to ask Hendrik, please use the word 'slant/slanted' body! Or Pinsan/Piensan would be good enough

... in sland body, that line accord with the shoulder line. it is just looking at that central axis from the angle of slanding or side body view.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術