Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun master class demo

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    if you cant answer it then you dont know and if you dont know you cant coach fighter. because you have no experience. see, WCK is not Shuai Chiao. that simple, isnt it?
    In the end, WCK is about physics and undstanding the geometry and structures of human body. John answered the question in regards to both very well IMO. He may not be a WCK practitioner, but it's not that complicated of a question when you break it down in these regards.

Only those that want to appear superior to others make it more complicated than it needs to be I'll take his view over yours any day!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    In the end, WCK is about physics and undstanding the geometry and structures of human body. John answered the question in regards to both very well IMO. He may not be a WCK practitioner, but it's not that complicated of a question when you break it down in these regards.

Only those that want to appear superior to others make it more complicated than it needs to be I'll take his view over yours any day!

Ok,

you agree with John and you have not said the magic sentence, or the reasons. why the demo work or why not work. if one cant see what it is clearly one cannot handle it smoothly and firmly. that is the bottom line.

so , another one who needs to go and learn WCK from the sifu in the demo clip.

hahaha

the number really add up.

you see, it is always easy to critic this and that in a demo. the issue here is one doesnt even know why it works or why it doesnt work. but all the generalization of Physics, structure, human body..... ect that just shows in experience. is this the way of a pro combat figher?

experience WCner will tell you, if it is going to work or not directly. because WCner deal with within 1 inch of pre and post contact and within of 1 sec pre and post contact.
    Not so much mumbo jumbo generalization and alibi. theories. but no decision. works or not works.

get Alan Or in he will tell you. also, sorry to tell you all, both GM Ip Chun and Ip Chin might not be the best, but they are not fool either, when Ip Chin helping out his father teaching classes.

hahaha.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-27-2012 at 05:35 PM.

ok. enough kids childist play.

Does the demo works or not works? is John right or missed the point? What is the most critical point here? since one cannot take care of 100000000000000 in real combat. what is that button which makes it works or not works?

any one wants to share?

Blog Entries
    so, both YKW and GlennR do not have the answer about the demo clip?
    The only comment that I have for this clip is at 1.20, I don't like to:

- respond to my opponent's punch.
    - put my arm under my opponent's arm.
    - let my opponent's elbow to pass my forearm.

If you show me your XingYi clip, I'll answer your other questions.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-27-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The only comment that I have for this clip is at 1.20, I don't like to:

- respond to my opponent's punch.
    - put my arm under my opponent's arm.
    - let my opponent's elbow to pass my forearm.

If you show me your XingYi clip, I'll answer your other questions.

hahaha,

your answer is always expected.

your answers shows you dont know WCK. that is forsure.

so I am not looking for further answer.

See if Glenn has any WCK answer. hahaha. Glenn where are you? I am waiting.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.

you agree with John and you have not said the magic sentence, or the reasons. why the demo work or why not work. if one cant see what it is clearly one cannot handle it smoothly and firmly. that is the bottom line.
    There is no "magic" just hard sparring to implement what you have learnt, something you arent familiar with

so , another one who needs to go and learn WCK from the sifu in the demo clip.
    hahaha

the number really add up.
    And in your case the number adds up to zero
    Zero sparring
    Zero training
    Zero credibility with anyone who puts in the hard yards to become reasonably combat proficient.

you see, it is always easy to critic this and that in a demo. the issue here is one doesnt even know why it works or why it doesnt work. but all the generalization of Physics, structure, human body..... ect that just shows in experience. is this the way of a pro combat figher?
    How would you know? You practice on yourself in your lounge room?

experience WCner will tell you, if it is going to work or not directly. because WCner deal with within 1 inch of pre and post contact and within of 1 sec pre and post contact.
    Not so much mumbo jumbo generalization and alibi. theories. but no decision. works or not works.
    It just dribbles out of you doesnt it?

get Alan Or in he will tell you. also, sorry to tell you all, both GM Ip Chun and Ip Chin might not be the best, but they are not fool either, when Ip Chin helping out his father teaching classes.
    Here we go again. Looking for help from people you dont even know.

I guess youll cry to Gene again when it doesnt go your way again

Incidentally, i found this footage of you after you last tantrum when it all got a bit hard for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tWT6I1GvY

Poor baby

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    There is no "magic" just hard sparring to implement what you have learnt, something you arent familiar with

And in your case the number adds up to zero
    Zero sparring
    Zero training
    Zero credibility with anyone who puts in the hard yards to become reasonably combat proficient.

How would you know? You practice on yourself in your lounge room?

It just dribbles out of you doesnt it?

Here we go again. Looking for help from people you dont even know.

I guess youll cry to Gene again when it doesnt go your way again

Incidentally, i found this footage of you after you last tantrum when it all got a bit hard for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tWT6I1GvY

Poor baby

hahaha, you can say anything but you dont know WCK. Go learn from the sifu in the Demo clip.

For once I understand Hendrik!

Reading through yesterdays dribble is an eye opener for anyone who has an ounce of common sense.

The 'so-called' fighters can not answer simple questions in the Wing Chun manner Hendrik requested, although they expect him to share clips of himself too when he has already made his point clear by asking the questions!! A non-fighter silences the fighters with intelligence. Kinda sounds more like Ip Man than all this ego-infested fight-club mentality that is plaguing the system.

I aint a fighter either so it's refereshing to see.

A glorious show of bollox that in itself deserves some level of respect imho!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

hahaha, you can say anything but you dont know WCK. Go learn from the sifu in the Demo clip.
    I know plenty because i use it in practice.
    Real practice.

Its not a lot of mindless jargon sprouted by some inept clown in his loungeroom somewhere in Lala land?

Unlike yourself.

What I do for WC is train with fighters, people willing to exchange ideas, hard work and leave their egos at the door ego in the pursuit of getting better at what they do.
    Be it WC, boxing, MT......... whatever they choose.
    I put my WC out there.... you dont and never will

WC is a self defense system not your personal vehicle to espouse your (lack of) knowledge and inflate your ego.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    I know plenty because i use it in practice.
    Real practice.
    So I don't get it Glenn??!

Why can't you answer Hendriks question? Or better still, put up a clip of yourself (it will only take 5mins to film lol!) that explains your point of view as to why Sifu Leo is wrong to do what he does compared with what you do?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    So I don't get it Glenn??!

Why can't you answer Hendriks question? Or better still, put up a clip of yourself (it will only take 5mins to film lol!) that explains your point of view as to why Sifu Leo is wrong to do what he does compared with what you do?
    Spencer, ive never asked anyone for a video and wont. If we cant explain ourselves with words was the forum a waste of time before youtube etc?

So im not going down the "show me a video" line.

You didnt understand my comments or you didnt agree with them??

My main goal is occupy space, punch'em in the face If a bridge happens along the way, then I deal with it. Or if I have to adjust due to gate coverage, I do it. But my main goal is to do this on the A-B Centerline first without compramising my position or space & structure. If I can no longer do that, then I am forced to move.
    I like it!

(not related to video)

In KL22, our interpretation of "Pin Sun" or "Side Body" is NOT for us to turn on our side, but to turn the opponent on his side, while we face him square on.
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 06-28-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

The 'so-called' fighters can not answer simple questions in the Wing Chun manner Hendrik requested, although they expect him to share clips of himself too when he has already made his point clear by asking the questions!! A non-fighter silences the fighters with intelligence. Kinda sounds more like Ip Man than all this ego-infested fight-club mentality that is plaguing the system.
    Just when i think you may have a clue you jump on the loco wagon, you really think Hendrik sounds like IM?
    And youd know how?
    The movie?
    Comic books perhaps?
    Your imaginary world of flying Kung Fu heroes perhaps?

I aint a fighter either so it's refereshing to see.
    Really? Who would have thought

A glorious show of bollox that in itself deserves some level of respect imho!
    Great, lets celebrate and wave some flags!

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    I like it!
    I just noticed JapinAz's post from your reply.
    Yep, that will do me.

Question is, are you breaking WCK principles to do it or not? If you dodge, duck, sidestep, etc without even attempting to deal with the attack on CL, then you are breaking WCK's most primary and basic concept and IMO not really doing WCK, even if you happen to use a bong sau shaped technique while you do it
    Which "most basic and primary concept" would that be then? stand there and get punched in the face? get over run by a blitz? trade? fight strength with strength?
    I prefer the idea of not using force against force. Turning creates angles to attack along, its a little principle called centreline advantage and also gets you away from the one place you don't want to be - the focal point of the initial attack. If you have been taught how to turn correctly then you can maintain posture, balance etc as you turn.
    The clip isn't the best illustration of how to turn correctly IMO as there are a number of things that I would pick up even novice students on, and I don't like the idea of trying to push /lift with the bong sau that way but the principle of get out of the way first before anything else is a sound one that has been tried and tested many many times by many many people (including by myself) in many different martial arts. If you can go straight down the original centre line unimpeded then great (although you still need to move forward to vacate the original target point) but IMO this is why we see so many lame clips of wing chun students chain punching furiously until they KO'd or simply getting sparked by a big looping shot. Wing Chun is about controlling the centre line, if I can move it in such as a way that it works to my advantage then that is the highest level of control. If I keep moving and angling so that the opponent is never on the centre line how can he ever take control of it.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook