Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing chun master class demo

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    I know plenty because i use it in practice.
    Real practice.

Its not a lot of mindless jargon sprouted by some inept clown in his loungeroom somewhere in Lala land?

Unlike yourself.

What I do for WC is train with fighters, people willing to exchange ideas, hard work and leave their egos at the door ego in the pursuit of getting better at what they do.
    Be it WC, boxing, MT......... whatever they choose.
    I put my WC out there.... you dont and never will

WC is a self defense system not your personal vehicle to espouse your (lack of) knowledge and inflate your ego.

You can claim anything you love.
    But evidentially, you don't know WCK and how can you used WCK? Simple question you can't even answer.

It is like those Bruce Lee movie fans. They can claim they get together with fighters to spar...ect like in the movies. But have never take a single JKD lesson from JKD Guru Inosanto. Or other jkd teachers. Sure they are correct according to movies and thier logic. But it is JKD?

This is called self proclaim people. And it happen everywhere in the world.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-28-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Reading through yesterdays dribble is an eye opener for anyone who has an ounce of common sense.

The 'so-called' fighters can not answer simple questions in the Wing Chun manner Hendrik requested, although they expect him to share clips of himself too when he has already made his point clear by asking the questions!! A non-fighter silences the fighters with intelligence. Kinda sounds more like Ip Man than all this ego-infested fight-club mentality that is plaguing the system.

I aint a fighter either so it's refereshing to see.

A glorious show of bollox that in itself deserves some level of respect imho!

This is a great Ip Man clip . it said it all for those who knows cantonese. That simple. In the real life action, no excuse no theory no name dropping, can one do it with decisiveness and confident.

So, how to be decisive and confident? One needs to know what one is doing very very clearly to the very details , and take that clean shot. Just once.

Those who cannot see it cearly will not be able to do a clean shot.

I am not a fighter, but I love clean shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5bnV6kpjQ
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-28-2012 at 06:33 AM.

So I don't get it Glenn??!

Why can't you answer Hendriks question? Or better still, put up a clip of yourself (it will only take 5mins to film lol!) that explains your point of view as to why Sifu Leo is wrong to do what he does compared with what you do?
    Spence,

This is just such a simple answer for wcner. If one is doing WCK.

One can even uses the 1970 wing Chun movies saying to answer this.

Obviously, these so called WCK fighters doesn't know WCK and not even watching movies. Thus, they have no idea what and why with wck even in the 70s movies standard. Hahaha.

What to say?

They cannot answer because they are not sure and in experience in combat WCK for real. That simple. How could that be and allowed in a fighter's world?

Just hope these fighters go watch WCK movies and really learn WCK before claim to be A WCner. To be a WCK fighter, the standard is much higher then that .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-28-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Spencer, ive never asked anyone for a video and wont. If we cant explain ourselves with words was the forum a waste of time before youtube etc?

So im not going down the "show me a video" line.

You didnt understand my comments or you didnt agree with them??
    I didn't see you answer Hendriks questions? That's all I was saying...

And FWIW my comparison with Hendrik and Ip Man only goes as far as attempting to respond to unintelligent questions and derogotory remarks with intelligent responses.

This, as far as I know, is commonly understood by Ip Mans closest students as being typical 'martial behaviour' which he personified on a daily basis over a very very long time!! Only stories, I know, but good ones all the same...

No flag waving required lol!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Those who cannot see it cearly will not be able to do a clean shot.

I am not a fighter, but I love clean shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5bnV6kpjQ
    Ah! "Grandmasters"

Yoiu know what I dislike about these modern Ip Man movies?? Everybody who is currwntly out there now teaching Wing Chun to the masses (commercial businesses) seem to benefit over the short term because it generates interest.

But the guys like my own Sifu, who have rarely advertised and only operate non-profit or charitable schools that put back into their communites get nothing and end up in their little council flats struggling to feed themselves sometimes. And he has been teaching for over 30 years.

I'm lucky, or so he says, because I have another 'trade' to make a living but still that is little compfort when you constantly hear/see/read such dribble about the system you care so much about.

Sorry my rant is over now so let's move on!!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Which "most basic and primary concept" would that be then? stand there and get punched in the face? get over run by a blitz? trade? fight strength with strength?
    I prefer the idea of not using force against force. Turning creates angles to attack along, its a little principle called centreline advantage and also gets you away from the one place you don't want to be - the focal point of the initial attack. If you have been taught how to turn correctly then you can maintain posture, balance etc as you turn.
    The clip isn't the best illustration of how to turn correctly IMO as there are a number of things that I would pick up even novice students on, and I don't like the idea of trying to push /lift with the bong sau that way but the principle of get out of the way first before anything else is a sound one that has been tried and tested many many times by many many people (including by myself) in many different martial arts. If you can go straight down the original centre line unimpeded then great (although you still need to move forward to vacate the original target point) but IMO this is why we see so many lame clips of wing chun students chain punching furiously until they KO'd or simply getting sparked by a big looping shot. Wing Chun is about controlling the centre line, if I can move it in such as a way that it works to my advantage then that is the highest level of control. If I keep moving and angling so that the opponent is never on the centre line how can he ever take control of it.

Many have forgotten the following WCK .

詠春拳訣說:來留去送。以靜制動。上來下取。脫手直衝。柔中含剛。剛中而柔。
    Wing Chun writing said : come accept goes return. Using non motion to handle motion, got attack on the top handle the bottom, let go thrust forward. Within soft contain hard, within hard turn into soft.

以上六句。描述了她採取道家「避實撃虛」後發先至。之陰柔路線。而不是少林「一力伏十會」力大 打力小快勝慢 。之陽剛路線。
    The above six stanzas described WCK using the daoist's "avoid the strong point attack the weak spot start later but arrive first" , soft liner principle. Instead of the shaolin's " strong power subdue every technics. Stronger and faster win", hard liner principle.

所謂「避實擊虛」就是如常山之蛇。撃其頭則尾應。撃尾則頭應。撃腹則頭尾應。也因為如此。註定 了詠春拳「借 力打力。近身貼纒。善發寸勁」。
    Avoid strong point attack weak spot can be analogy as the snake . When it was attacked on the head, it avoids the head attack and counter with its tail. When it was attacked on the tail. It avoids the tail attact and counter with its tail. When it was attacked on the stomach. It avoids the stomach and counter with both the head and tail. WCK is using "borrow force to destroy force, close body stick reeling, inch power" to realize the principle of avoid strong point attack weak spot.

Ah! "Grandmasters"

Yoiu know what I dislike about these modern Ip Man movies?? Everybody who is currwntly out there now teaching Wing Chun to the masses (commercial businesses) seem to benefit over the short term because it generates interest.

But the guys like my own Sifu, who have rarely advertised and only operate non-profit or charitable schools that put back into their communites get nothing and end up in their little council flats struggling to feed themselves sometimes. And he has been teaching for over 30 years.

I'm lucky, or so he says, because I have another 'trade' to make a living but still that is little compfort when you constantly hear/see/read such dribble about the system you care so much about.

Sorry my rant is over now so let's move on!!
    Spencer,

I agree with you.

IMHO,
    Movie is for getting hi. Real Kung fu is getting low and being lonely for decades, investigating and keep refining. Until one sees with a pair of clear eyes. Then , only then, clean shot can be done.

Many have forgotten the following WCK .

詠春拳訣說:來留去送。以靜制動。上來下取。脫手直衝。柔中含剛。剛中而柔。
    Wing Chun writing said : come accept goes return. Using non motion to handle motion, got attack on the top handle the bottom, let go thrust forward. Within soft contain hard, within hard turn into soft.

以上六句。描述了她採取道家「避實撃虛」後發先至。之陰柔路線。而不是少林「一力伏十會」力大 打力小快勝慢 。之陽剛路線。
    The above six stanzas described WCK using the daoist's "avoid the strong point attack the weak spot start later but arrive first" , soft liner principle. Instead of the shaolin's " strong power subdue every technics. Stronger and faster win", hard liner principle.

所謂「避實擊虛」就是如常山之蛇。撃其頭則尾應。撃尾則頭應。撃腹則頭尾應。也因為如此。註定 了詠春拳「借 力打力。近身貼纒。善發寸勁」。
    Avoid strong point attack weak spot can be analogy as the snake . When it was attacked on the head, it avoids the head attack and counter with its tail. When it was attacked on the tail. It avoids the tail attact and counter with its tail. When it was attacked on the stomach. It avoids the stomach and counter with both the head and tail. WCK is using "borrow force to destroy force, close body stick reeling, inch power" to realize the principle of avoid strong point attack weak spot.
    And many havent forgotten ....

Spencer,

I agree with you.

IMHO,
    Movie is for getting hi. Real Kung fu is getting low and being lonely for decades, investigating and keep refining. Until one sees with a pair of clear eyes. Then , only then, clean shot can be done.
    So true. If VT gets on the 'Dr. Ozz show' every one can really jack up their prices.
    Lone Tiger, I respect your sifu and the attitude of you and your club My sifus also have never been into it for the money and never really made a living at it. They just want to share good Kung Fu. Your right, Hendrik, but I must admit I like the 'high' a good martial arts movie gives, or even a bad one
    P.S. I'm really getting sick of all the name calling and thread highjacking going on.What grade in school are we all in here anyway? R we teaching our kids to bully each other this way?
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 06-28-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    So true. If VT gets on the 'Dr. Ozz show' every one can really jack up their prices.
    Lone Tiger, I respect your sifu and the attitude of you and your club My sifus also have never been into it for the money and never really made a living at it. They just want to share good Kung Fu. Your right, Hendrik, but I must admit I like the 'high' a good martial arts movie gives, or even a bad one
    P.S. I'm really getting sick of all the name calling and thread highjacking going on.What grade in school are we all in here anyway. R we teaching our kids to bully each other this way?
    Like you,
    I love to get hi from the Kung fu movies too!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    My main goal is occupy space, punch'em in the face If a bridge happens along the way, then I deal with it. Or if I have to adjust due to gate coverage, I do it. But my main goal is to do this on the A-B Centerline first without compramising my position or space & structure.
    I think we are on the same page. The only point I will make is, you can occupy space by moving and not giving up centerline or compromising your space or structure. The kuit that would apply is "I dont move until he moves, When he moves I arrive first". And yes I believe this is is WC.

FWIW, my experience doesn't come from any controlled environments. Ask your sihing, they will tell you about this vato. hahahaha!!

And for Hand**** this has nothing to do with hard vs hard and everything to do with borrowing energy.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

On the issue of the techniques particularly on the turning. As K Gledhill mentions, turning is a contentious theme. I have a particular facination with turning and shifting and it's consequences/effects in deployment of tools and overall structure. Depending on the amount of shift really changes what the fighter will do and how the opponent will respond. Shift, responds one way, no shift another way. shifting while turning changes everything. I feel many VT houses seem to have quite different views to this. Mixing these views the wrong way can be disasterous.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    On the issue of the techniques particularly on the turning. As K Gledhill mentions, turning is a contentious theme. I have a particular facination with turning and shifting and it's consequences/effects in deployment of tools and overall structure. Depending on the amount of shift really changes what the fighter will do and how the opponent will respond. Shift, responds one way, no shift another way. shifting while turning changes everything. I feel many VT houses seem to have quite different views to this. Mixing these views the wrong way can be disasterous.
    IMHO,

The key of turning or angling is delink. Without delink turning is losing.

With de link turning is let the innertial momentum passed, making use of the opponents momentum to seal him off from himself , because momentum cannot be change in an instant.

When one cannot take a strong face to face in the middle door center line, then, one needs an alternative. So, either one can borrow the opponents force on spot fajin or lead the momentum passed via angling or turning.

If one has no skill in borrow force then lead the momentum passed is needed.

However, all of these delink , borrowing force, Momentum handling..ect need a particular skill handling. These are what I am trying to bring out in the YKT fifth layer.

Back to 1.20 demo.
    In the demo of 1.20 there are intereting thing in WCK can be discussed but the critics seem not seeing it.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-28-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    I like it!

(not related to video)

In KL22, our interpretation of "Pin Sun" or "Side Body" is NOT for us to turn on our side, but to turn the opponent on his side, while we face him square on.
    Best position to be in! You have all 4 weapons (both hands/feet) available for attack while the opponent has none for a point in time!
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

isnt it very strange that there is a demo of WCK and all type of opinions.

But, there is no common sense clean cut resolution on does the 1.20 works or not works?

Hello, where are all the Combat mighty fighers? can some one make a solid conclusion on is it works or not working based on one's mighty grandmaster level WCK?

no one will have the time to wait for days , freezing at that moment , for that go or no go decision.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 06-28-2012 at 11:04 AM.