Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chiropractic Treatment length

Shaolin Temple Guest

Hi Prana, haven't seen you around for a long time.

Hi Prana, haven't seen you around for a long time.

I wonder if omegapoint is or is another gokitus prime trying to set up a
    troll like he did in all the other sites as mercilessfighter, fivestar
    praying mantis and etc.

Hi, hope you don't mind me copying this Dharma spinning wheel, it looks
    great...

:cool: :D

Which Shaolin is authentic. North or South.
    As Sifu would say...there is no permanence and there should not be any discrimination.
    The point is therefore, who cares.
    The more Shaolin there are, the better. Be civilized and chivalrous in your behaviour. As martial artists, we are supposed to not forget that we learn this art to help others and ourselves in times of need...not be a thug!!!
    Amitabha.

prana Guest
    no problemmo with the wheel. In this current state of the world, the great Lama's advices that we turn the wheel of Chenrezig and give as many prayers of the 6 syllable mantra, and so I thought, why not distribute it on the forum and let the wheel turn on all the screens of our friends.

I hope that it will generate much loving kindness to heal the current state of the world.

WongFeHung Guest
    you need to go to an ot or a tiet da yee-chinese bone-setter. My fiance' learned her art from her mom, who learned it from her dad, etc, and she puts people back and they stay put. None of this maintenance crapola. Look at it this way-the spine is held together by tendon and ligaments which are lacking in elasticity. How many times would it take to manipulate a spine over and over untill it cannot hold, and the body needs more and more frequent adjustments? Tiet-da medicine not only adjusts the bones, but manipulates the muscle, and through massage and herbal formulas, strengthen and rebuild tissue. To some western Drs, it might sound like quackery, but fek'em.

fa_jing Guest

Bumping up to top

For CD Lee.

Cyborg Guest

In response to MerryPrankster

I don't know if anyone still reads this but I'll say it anyway.

My oldest sister was involved in a wreck, no big deal except that soon thereafter she started having stomach pain. No MD could diagnose it, she spent alot of money with them and got nothing. 6 months after the accident she hurt her back and went to the chiro, who says, "hmmm, been having stomach problems?" 3 treatments and no more stomach pain.

My conclusion? (As if anybody cares :)) The body is one organism! One thing gone wrong will affect another.

And yes, there are quacks out there on both sides of the fence. :(

"Box a fighter and fight a boxer". Bruce Lee

joedoe Guest
    I am always a bit dubious when the medical profession speaks out against an alternative therapy. While they may well have our safety at heart, it also smakcs of protecting their own turf too.

I do not think omegapoint is a troll, and he is just speaking his own mind. However I had heard a different history for chiropractics than the one that he outlined.

Don't forget - it wasn't that long ago that osteopaths were considered quacks as well.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    You're fu(king up my chi

Bad day for chiropractics

This has made quite a stir in the news.

MODEL KATIE MAY'S DEATH
    Coroner Finds ...
    CHIROPRACTOR DID IT

10/19/2016 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    EXCLUSIVE

Playboy model Katie May died from a simple visit to a chiropractor for an adjustment, which ultimately left her with a fatal tear to an artery in her neck ... according to the L.A. County Coroner.
    TMZ obtained a copy of Katie's death certificate, and it clears up a huge mystery surrounding her sudden death in February. The document says she died when a blunt force injury tore her left vertebral artery, and cut off blood flow to her brain.
    It also says the injury was sustained during a "neck manipulation by chiropractor." Her death is listed as accidental.
    As TMZ first reported, Katie -- known as the "Queen of Snapchat" -- had taken a nasty fall during a photo shoot. She thought she had a pinched nerve and went to an L.A. chiropractor on Friday. She suffered a stroke on Monday, and remained on life support until Thursday.
    Katie's family is aware of the coroner's findings. They would not comment on whether they or her estate would pursue legal action.
    I see a chiropractor regularly. But like with any healer, I find it's more about the specific practitioner than the practice itself.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I see a chiropractor regularly. But like with any healer, I find it's more about the specific practitioner than the practice itself.
    Much the same can be said for any martial art "style".
    Whether it is able to be used is often more related to the individual than to the specific "style".

Everything has both good and bad examples.
    A lot of whether something appeals to one or not has a lot to do with what is being sought.
    In some cases the simple belief that something will help makes it helpful. Placebo effect anyone???
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

To anyone suffering from chronic spinal pain
    Seek reverse hyper machine now

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Much the same can be said for any martial art "style".
    Whether it is able to be used is often more related to the individual than to the specific "style".

Everything has both good and bad examples.
    A lot of whether something appeals to one or not has a lot to do with what is being sought.
    In some cases the simple belief that something will help makes it helpful. Placebo effect anyone???
    style is the vehicle, once you are using it, it loses meaning.
    Everything you need, you already have and the catch 22 is that you won't know what you need until someone shows you. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Merryprankster,

I am not sure that the chiropractor wanted to heal you completely, but I am certain that he wanted to maximize money profit from you. My high school friend asked me when we were in our late twenties "do you have low back pain?" Sure, we both had. Just after a few years of started working full time, and over a decade of desk bound school study, one will almost for certain have such pain. Improper sports and daily living techniques like bent our back in picking up an object will also contribute to the injury. It is chronic pain disorder occurred over a long period - weeks. Also, acute injury like the one you mentioned can add more damage to it. And it does not take old age for it to show symptom. I am not a physician, but I think DIY method might work for your case. Please get a second opinion from another licensed chiropractor or sports medicine practitioner. See if their view matches with mine. What likely the second professional opinion you will get is that you do not need to spend a year of treatment by a physician.

Regards,

Steve Lau
    Hong Kong
    Last edited by SteveLau; 10-29-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    To anyone suffering from chronic spinal pain
    Seek reverse hyper machine now
    How is your issues coming ? My chronic pain is wonderful joy, LOL. I guess that reflects at times too.