Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is qi?

Hybrid View

What is qi?

What is it?

Simple explanations only please.

I think I know what it is but I would like to hear what other people think it is also. I will post my definition after a few replies.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    What is it?

I think I know what it is but I would like to hear what other people think it is also. I will post my definition after a few replies.
    The opposite of IQ

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    The opposite of IQ
    LOL Clever!
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    LOL Clever!
    Im on top of my game this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Im on top of my game this morning!
    but in all seriousness in my opinion I feel that chi is the lay term for the interplay between bioelectromagnetics and biochemistry, that is inherent to all living organisms, that which modern medical science is aware of but can not explain. There have been some studies done that hypothesize that it may have to do with the ones mitochondria and their ability to produce ATP and then there are the studies have shown that it may have something to do with hemoglobin in the blood and how it interacts with other complex biochemical pathways. That being said there has not been a proper peer reviewed study published in any reputable medical journal looking into any of this. According to my Sifu "where there is blood flow there is chi flow. Where the mind (yi) is focuses so shall ones chi.' Just my two cents.
    Last edited by nasmedicine; 07-01-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

but in all seriousness in my opinion I feel that chi is the lay term for the interplay between bioelectromagnetics and biochemistry, that is inherent to all living organisms, that which modern medical science is aware of but can not explain. There have been some studies done that hypothesize that it may have to do with the ones mitochondria and their ability to produce ATP and then there are the studies have shown that it may have something to do with hemoglobin in the blood and how it interacts with other complex biochemical pathways. That being said there has not been a proper peer reviewed study published in any reputable medical journal looking into any of this. According to my Sifu "where there is blood flow there is chi flow. Where the mind (yi) is focuses so shall ones chi.' Just my two cents.
    Agree it is a physical process and that mind is important

Fair enough.
    Not my thing to be honest, but if someone can show me otherwise im all ears

What is it?

Here is one for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcp6J...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I don't have an hour and 18 minutes available. What is his theory?

What is it?

A form of microscopic matter, smaller than molecules but denser in itensity.

Kind regards,
    Xian

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    A form of microscopic matter, smaller than molecules but denser in itensity.

Kind regards,
    Xian
    You are going for a supernatural explanation, or claiming science that we do not yet understand? Why?

You are going for a supernatural explanation, or claiming science that we do not yet understand? Why?
    I would say its my experience, If you want to call it science then it would be my personal one as I am a scientist in someway on my way.

Kind regards,
    Xian

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

Ernie Moore Jr's Squirrel: Qi Think, Gisted

What is it?

I No_Know, however, I think qi might be considered to be something like frequency modulation, on a quark level-allowing for interaction outside the Human body and greater efficiency of atomic/cellular structures within a Human body.

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    I No_Know, however, I think qi might be considered to be something like frequency modulation, on a quark level-allowing for interaction outside the Human body and greater efficiency of atomic/cellular structures within a Human body.

No_Know
    frequency/vibration definitely has something to do with the equation, however at what level and at what frequency is much debatable.
    Last edited by nasmedicine; 07-02-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

What is it?

Something seems to have been "lost" in this thread and that is:
    When we decide to quantify something, proof would be nice, LOL !

People can say Qi is whatever they think it is, but how about a little thing called proof?

In terms of MA skill, everything that I h ave seen done "attributed" to Qi, has been done by others "without Qi" and explained by basic physics as it applies to bio-mechanics.
    In terms of "qi stunts", pretty much every one of them has been duplicated by "tricksters" with "no qi".

Now, in terms of medical evidence, well..now you get into the more tricky area od quantifying what one is seeing be done and the first thing that MUST be stated is WHAT is QI and WHAT is being observed.
    IF Qi is simply the bioelectrical field that living organisims have then, yes, Qi does exist and can be "manipulated" to vary degrees.
    IF Qi is "breathe" then yes, it can also be manipulated to effect the health of a person.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !