Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching/teaching is the death of your personal skills

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    hay guyz i hear someone said that kung fu is not good for fighting. lets all quit cuz i read on the internet its all fake. gots to be teh true
    Well it's because TCMA is really just a stupid hobby that has no value for anything. Actually it's something Bawang created to get the white man's moneez but somehow something backfired and he didn't get the moneez.

WRONG

the purpose of kung fu is not to get the monay, its to get the poonanay. monay is only a means to an end.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    WRONG

the purpose of kung fu is not to get the monay, its to get the poonanay. monay is only a means to an end.
    Ok that's funny - That's why we kow tow to Bawang, "King of the Internet".

You're way cooler than Coach Ross.

no one is as cool as mighty david ross (peace be upon him)

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    As much as I don’t like some of Wilsons posts, he makes some very valid points in this one
    And as much as I believe frost has the girly temperament of Michael Bisping...I must agree with his excellent assessment. Good job, frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Actually I think he does, there are no competition clips from anyone from his lineage of bagua and wrestling as far as I can find so its not any different from any other TCMA lineage and the whole I will throw you on your head, we are too dangerous to spar unless you are an advanced student, and don’t go for submission but the break stuff coming out of the gompa is part of the whole we are too deadly thing that plagues TCMA, in this regard he is no better or worse than anyone
    The only clip of dale is a demo of skills that might or might not be useful in a real fight with guys much bigger than him, most fighters and guys who have competed would take more notice if it was a real competition against people his own size actually trying to knock him out, as Wilson says
    And saying come visit me sounds good but realistically who will bother doing this and what would it prove if say someone like Wilson did visit him? That dale can beat a smaller opponent? Saying people are no names if they don’t come visit him or don’t post their own names is a bit inflated if all the can post is a demo clip
    Dale is constantly alluding to his fighting skillz. He does not say so outrightly because he has no proof and wants to come off as the humble but deadly ba gua spinner.

The truth is that anything will work for someone that naturally has height, power, build, and reach. Jon Bones Jones is the perfect example. Just because you are a giant and make wing chun work it does not mean wc is worth learning. He had to have used it against non-wing chunners, who are actually trying to hurt him, and who are his size and weight.

Jon Jones probably would not fare will in heavy weight at this time until he gains more weight naturally. He comes down to lhw because his size helps him. Same for GSP.

Dale, stop alluding to your deadly skills. Sanjuro keeps saying that Dale never said he can fight, that he is dangerous, that he can use his ba gua. You know what, Dale? Just admit here that you cannot really fight. That you really practice a form of moving meditation and that you have no abilities.

Sanjuro, if Dale does not admit this then you need to stop defending him and saying that he never stated he was a good fighter yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    no one is as cool as mighty david ross (peace be upon him)
    Why did you have mention that ****? Bawang wants me to make fun of him.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    You're still missing the point.

It only matters if other people are "sackless/spineless dweebs" if they are making claims themselves.

I'm not a very good singer, but I can tell you when professional singers miss notes. I don't have to be a better singer than them to be correct in identifying when they are sharp/flat.

If RWilson was talking about being a qigong master, breaking the bottom brick with qi (rather than with physics), catching bullets in his teeth, etc., but failing to show any proof, then sure, he's open to ridicule.

If RWilson is saying he's better than people at certain things but failing to show any proof, then sure, call him a "sackless/spineless dweeb."

Your "my door is always open" attitude is fine, but it doesn't prove anything you've said or disprove anything anyone else is saying.
    Some people just don't seem to grasp that.

If someone says they can do x, and they want other people to believe that they can do x, then it is up to them to demonstrate that they can do x.
    Dale seems to want this forum to believe so badly that he's a bad ass. The only other person I've seen get that p*ssed off when questioned was Ashida Kim! And naturally so, because Ashida Kim had no skills to prove so his entire business was based on people believing he was a ninja.

The only people who believed Ashida were little kids who wanted to believe they were learning secret ninja tricks.

And the ironic part is I don't even think Dale is a fake or anything like Ashida Kim is, it just seems that his ego is too tied up in what this forum thinks about him.

And I agree with the person who said posting a push hands vid is not a demonstration of fighting ability against a resisting opponent.

Dale has posted a lot of vids, so lets give him credit for that.

Dale has posted iron palm vids. I'm going to believe him that they are legit and he's not cooking the bricks or anything. He probably has good iron palm development.

Dale has posted breaking the bottom brick vids. I'm going to believe him that they are legit and he's not up to any funny business (even though the bottom brick is a different color). But as pointed out numerous times, this is 100% physics and 0% qigong powers. He's not projecting his qi through the first brick and into the bottom brick. As pointed out before, this has been done with a hammer, too (the vid was posted here before but I can't find it on YouTube at the moment). Or if you want, you can put a very small peble over the bottom brick. Or match sticks.

Dale has posted vids of walking the circle with kettlebells and also with a weight vest while holding two kettlebells overhead. He seems to be in pretty good shape, especially for a bigger guy. Most people probably couldn't do that. But that has nothing to do with fighting ability, nor is anything in that video transferrable to fighting. And before everyone here jizzes their pants at his strength, Dale is a big guy and probably weighs at least 250lbs. Those are 50 pound kettlebells according to the video description. That means each kettlebell is, at most 1/5 of Dale's weight. So that is equivalent to a skinny 150 pound KFM forum nerd or, as Dale likes to call them, "spineless/sackless dweebs," using 30 pound kettlebells, which would be quite easy with a bit of training.

Dale has posted vids of people throwing McDojo punches at him in an iron body demo. The backfist at 0:21 is especially laughable. Is this iron body development or just people smaller than him half assing their strikes? Or are you going to tell me that those were qi-laden strikes that would kill a lesser man?

Dale appears to have decent physical conditioning but that vid is nothing that a mid level MMA guy couldn't do, even without "iron body" training.

To claim that that was "qi" protecting him from those strikes would be laughable, but I give Dale props in that vid for not standing stationary in a horse stance and doing qigong exercises to "build his protective qi" and the other nonsense that you usually see in those vids.

None of these vids have anything to do with fighting ability, however. They just indicate that Dale appears to be in decent shape and very good shape for a TMAist.

Under the same account that has all the videos of Dale is a video of John Painter moving some guy without touching him. Maybe this is high level ability that Dale hasn't achieved yet. And I'm pretty sure that opponent wasn't resisting.
    Last edited by I Hate Ashida Kim; 07-12-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

really?

again with the people who hide and snipe at those who do not.

why is it you two feel you have to hide?

There is something seriously psychological wrong with people who hide.

enough said.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 07-13-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    really?

again with the people who hide and snipe at those who do not.

why is it you two feel you have to hide?

There is something seriously psychological wrong with people who hide.

enough said.
    Truth.

Hiding is done in fear.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hence my commenting on their lack of vertebral and testicular fortitude.

IE Netghosts are nothing but cowardly mouthboxers.

I thought Wenshu won this thread already

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I thought Wenshu won this thread already
    I think this dead horse can take a few more whippings !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Hiding on the net and making fun of people is the new reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Hiding on the net and making fun of people is the new reality.
    And don't forget championing the cause to transform all MA to MMA.