Thread: Colorado Wildfires

Colorado Wildfires

Got chased out of my home by a wall of fire. Evacuated and spent a few days as a refugee. Place is undamaged, and we're back in now. Neighborhood down the street is completely thrashed.

Chi blasts are ineffective against wildfires.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Do you live by Manitou or the AFA? I'm sorry to hear that man, but I'm glad that you and your family are okay and nothing got destroyed.
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    Do you live by Manitou or the AFA? I'm sorry to hear that man, but I'm glad that you and your family are okay and nothing got destroyed.
    I live in Mountain Shadows. Manitou was pretty much untouched, and the AFA lost 10 acres of woodlands. The AFA was evacuated for a bit, though.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Got chased out of my home by a wall of fire. Evacuated and spent a few days as a refugee. Place is undamaged, and we're back in now. Neighborhood down the street is completely thrashed.

You obviously have no grasp of the real chi, this is because you do NOT have the correct snake engine from 1850.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

glad you're ok and that your home didnt burn man. i have family in those neck of the woods. the springs, highlands ranch and denver. it was really sketchy for a while before they got control of those monsters.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The irony of it all. Welcome home man.

My old stomping grounds with the 4th ID...most importantly did O'Furries bar make it through unscathed???

How about the Broadmoor Hotel? Have they been enlisting the military to help fight the fires? When I was there they trained a bunch of us to deploy to then Idaho and Montana to fight wild fires there. A firestorm is a frightening thing to behold.

Glad you're ok brother. Are you training CLF in the Springs?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

@ Hebrew Hammer

O'Furries and the Broadmoor are fine; it didn't jump the highway. It's contained for the most part. Its pretty scary though, especially considering how close to Drake's place the fire was. Another KF guy I know also had to be evacuated, I'm glad both of those guys are okay.

The red is untouched areas; the browns and blacks are burns. I'm glad I live on the opposite end of the city...
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Thanks for the 411 Tao...glad you made it out too.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

**** dude, I saw some pretty awful pics of homes burning. Glad you made it out okay.

Looks like god is the one using Chi blasts.

CLENSE!!!!

Sad to hear about this, I hope you have already recovered from that devastating event. It's really painful to think that when nature attacks, we cannot do anything but pray.

Quote Originally Posted by poshmissy View Post
    Sad to hear about this, I hope you have already recovered from that devastating event. It's really painful to think that when nature attacks, we cannot do anything but pray.

What would praying do? If you believed in a god, then who do you think sent that fire over a canyon like a solar flare and into a residential area?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

What would praying do? If you believed in a god, then who do you think sent that fire over a canyon like a solar flare and into a residential area?
    Never been a fan of the whole "act of God" crap, but I can see how that can "comfort" some people not that I agree at all with this.
    Some people find comfort in that "God works in mysterious ways" thing or even blaming these natural occurrences on "the devil" or what not.
    To each their own of course.

When I do pray for the victims and survivors of natural disasters, it is usually to pray for them to have the strength to deal with the adversity.
    Nature has a way of putting us in our place and reminding us how vast "her" power is.

We really should learn from that and try to focus on fixing what we can of these problems so that, when they do happen again, we can better handle them.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !