Thread: New Shaolin Books - Wong Jack Man

Thumbs up New Shaolin Books - Wong Jack Man

For anyone who practices Northern Shaolin, here are two books by R. L. Wing, The Northern Shaolin Sparring Set, and Shaolin #1 Open the Door. He does this as a labor of love and as a record of the teachings of his instructor, Wong Jack Man.

Please don't click on the link to the Shaolin #5 book as that won't go anywhere.

He is also working on writing about the Bruce Lee - Wong Jack Man match and wants to let that work stand on its own.when it's done. From what I've heard so far, it's very good

http://www.amazon.com/Rick-L.-Wing/e/B001JS2LMW

Blog Entries
    Congrats to him. I know he's been working hard on that book.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Nice!

Gonna move this into the media forum.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wow, I just ordered his book on Shaolin #5 the other day. Half of the sets I know are Johnny So/Ken Hui and the other half are WJM/Kam Yuen. All of these books happen to be of the ones that I know the Johnny So version, so you can bet on it that I'll be picking these up!

Nice work

By the way anyone know whats up with Redpalm clan forum??

I was wondering the same. It was an absolute treasure for BSL practitioners. I was new to it and then one day it was gone. I hope it's just being revamped or something. I would've saved a lot of posts/info from it if I knew it was going to disappear.

The RPC

The RPC has a facebook like page also and the website will be back up. Keep checking back.
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

I have received the BSL #5 book and read it. I also just ordered the BSL #1 and the Two-Man Fighting form books. I'll post up a review after I've received the second two and read them. In a short quip, I am impressed with the one that I have on BSL #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Fen View Post
    The RPC has a facebook like page also and the website will be back up. Keep checking back.
    Great to hear! Keep us all posted

Smile Book on the Wong Jack Man Bruce Lee fight.

Hopefully, this e-book on the match between Wong Jack Man and Bruce Lee will be out within 2 or 3 weeks. It is a very detailed story of the entire affair and has a very interesting perspective.
    The author, R. Wing, will do his best to get the book to the public in December 2012. I've seen bits of it and from what i have seen, I have not seen anything with as much detail as this on the fight.

Seriously?

You should post this on our Leo Fong's take on the Wong Jack Man / Bruce Lee fight thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart