Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kicks in WCK

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Okay it's cool that you are 'fully aware' of uncles teachings, although I have no ideas really what that means lol!

As for his human energy stuffs, his eldest student, Juerg Ziegler has just released a book on the matter but I can not really discuss as I know nothing of his practises, only what I see and read.

My Sigung had a wide ranging curriculum of Wing Chun, which included Heigung sets and understanding linked to his TCM practise (he was a qualified herbalist and TCM practitioner) but I wouldn't say this is the same as uncle Gohs methods as he has grown over the years through his own self study and other learning.
    When I say I'm fully aware I mean just that, nothing bad if that is what you're thinking. I have met with him on several occasions and spoke with him in detail about his curriculum and wc in general. My sifu has also helped him with hosting one of hid human energy seminars in NJ. Austin is a class act and very passionate about his work.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    When I say I'm fully aware I mean just that, nothing bad if that is what you're thinking.
    Well I never know when it comes to this forum who is taking the pi$$ and who is genuine lol! But thanks for the reply and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    I have met with him on several occasions and spoke with him in detail about his curriculum and wc in general. My sifu has also helped him with hosting one of hid human energy seminars in NJ. Austin is a class act and very passionate about his work.
    That he is. He is one of the eldest practitioners of Wing Chun still teaching in the UK and I tilt my hat to him.

BUT I am not his student, and my Sifu did not teach the same methods or curriculum as he does so this is why I restrain from commenting too much on what he does, especially regarding his energy stuff. No bad feelings either because I have worked with him on a few events and even took a seminar alongside him once at his request!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

No Joy. I am far from muddled. We simply have quite a varied way of interpreting what Ip Man accomplished, that's all.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obviously Spencer. Why not describe what you see is the relationship between kicks and bat jam do
    involving 8 is?

Well I never know when it comes to this forum who is taking the pi$$ and who is genuine lol! But thanks for the reply and interest.
    I understand.

That he is. He is one of the eldest practitioners of Wing Chun still teaching in the UK and I tilt my hat to him.

BUT I am not his student, and my Sifu did not teach the same methods or curriculum as he does so this is why I restrain from commenting too much on what he does, especially regarding his energy stuff. No bad feelings either because I have worked with him on a few events and even took a seminar alongside him once at his request!
    Fair enough.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Obviously Spencer. Why not describe what you see is the relationship between kicks and bat jam do involving 8 is?
    Now that would be telling...

Why don't you tell me why they are NOT connected?

Or... answer me this (please!)

Have you heard of the 'Four Set Methods' of Wing Chun?
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 07-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    I have no idea what a dung toi is .
    It is very similar to the front kick. Instead of using the quads to help provide the 'snap' to the kick, dung toi just relies on raising the leg, again with the foot turned slightly out and a bend at the knee. Basically, it is just a lifting or raising kick that works a bit like the pike or spear driven into the ground against a charging horse.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you don't want to explain or elaborate on your statement-ok by me-

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    It is very similar to the front kick. Instead of using the quads to help provide the 'snap' to the kick, dung toi just relies on raising the leg, again with the foot turned slightly out and a bend at the knee. Basically, it is just a lifting or raising kick that works a bit like the pike or spear driven into the ground against a charging horse.
    Cool, what we refer to as Tek gerk.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

I could be mistaken though Ian.

I only ever had 5 kicks, either side. One being a side kick and one being a kick to the rear. All are heel kicks, and are used at specific targets. I never miss either because I only kick when I know I won't miss. I can kick you into next week too, and it is fast. But then I practiced these kicks a great deal as a younger man, especially when I was learning them. Kicking is something best left alone unless you know what you are doing. It can get you taken down. I never kick higher than my own hip bone. Most men are taller than I am, so I don't kick that high on them. Knee, back of knee for a take down, groin, not the testicles, but the groin. The line from pelvic bridge to the hip bone. Lots of vains and nerves. And of course the pelvic bridge itself. A solid kick to the hip or pelvic bridge can break it in half. The Pelvic cage is held together in the center by cartlege, and a solid kick can crack it like an egg.
    A kick can be used to draw his defense down so that you can get in on him with the hands, and it really comes in handy for when you are dealing with multiple antagonists. If they can't get close to you they can't hit you. And it might even entice them to kick back, which in most cases is your best opertunity to take him down. Your feet are your most powerful weapons, and you should learn how to use them without compromising youself.
    Jackie Lee

True, one has to be careful of take downs, but higher than waist kicks does have its place. As mentioned before, it is opportunistic.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I only ever had 5 kicks, either side. One being a side kick and one being a kick to the rear. All are heel kicks, and are used at specific targets. I never miss either because I only kick when I know I won't miss. I can kick you into next week too, and it is fast. But then I practiced these kicks a great deal as a younger man, especially when I was learning them. Kicking is something best left alone unless you know what you are doing. It can get you taken down. I never kick higher than my own hip bone. Most men are taller than I am, so I don't kick that high on them. Knee, back of knee for a take down, groin, not the testicles, but the groin. The line from pelvic bridge to the hip bone. Lots of vains and nerves. And of course the pelvic bridge itself. A solid kick to the hip or pelvic bridge can break it in half. The Pelvic cage is held together in the center by cartlege, and a solid kick can crack it like an egg.
    A kick can be used to draw his defense down so that you can get in on him with the hands, and it really comes in handy for when you are dealing with multiple antagonists. If they can't get close to you they can't hit you. And it might even entice them to kick back, which in most cases is your best opertunity to take him down. Your feet are your most powerful weapons, and you should learn how to use them without compromising youself.
    in all of my years watching TKD, full contact karate, kickboxing, Muay thai, MMA and working in bars and clubs, watching rugby etc I can safely say that the only pelvic breaks I've ever seen have been in rock climbing accidents and car accidents.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

exactly the sort of thing that makes chinese MA a laughing stock

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    exactly the sort of thing that makes chinese MA a laughing stock
    lol it most def is.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    in all of my years watching TKD, full contact karate, kickboxing, Muay thai, MMA and working in bars and clubs, watching rugby etc I can safely say that the only pelvic breaks I've ever seen have been in rock climbing accidents and car accidents.
    It is something that has to be targeted. In any of the full contact bouts you mentioned, you would be immediately disqualified if you tried that. And in most athletic sports you would not see that happen because there would be absolutely no reason to do it. Climbing and car accidents do account for a lot of these type of injury, but if you are aware of how a body's frame is put together you can target certain places where shock or impact can seperate certain parts of the structure. A mastery of Jiujitsu will give you all that.
    Jackie Lee