Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vt Vid

Nice Jim, thanks

What do you guys think about this clip?? Gary Lam student in Warrington, England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeFzLUWSC_4
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    It's a nice clip!
    Nice gym too.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    What do you guys think about this clip?? Gary Lam student in Warrington, England.

I like it. Not sure about the opening of the clip or what was going on with the gold ball thingy at the end but the bag work was good.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

I think there is an issue in linking the bag hitting, which is good, to the wing chun which is more limited. Compare with the pure ving tsun clips on youtube and you see the issue they have in using the structure in real time. Their ving tsun is not bad per se but quite constrained, not free

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I think there is an issue in linking the bag hitting, which is good, to the wing chun which is more limited. Compare with the pure ving tsun clips on youtube and you see the issue they have in using the structure in real time. Their ving tsun is not bad per se but quite constrained, not free
    Interesting comment , what is the basis for saying they are having issues using structure in real time? and why is their wing chun limited? I don't know these guys but the brief chi sau shown looked more rounded to me than alot of the stuff passed off as chi sau on here and youtube. You obvioulsy see something different to me sofor the sake of discussion it would be good to understand what and where?
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Nice gym too.
    Agree, very jealous. I'm in rented places and would love a full time place of my own. Economics just don't work at the mo'

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Agree, very jealous. I'm in rented places and would love a full time place of my own. Economics just don't work at the mo'
    So true, but I don't know if the guys own the gym though (I would presume they're renting because of the low numbers)

This is something that is a killer to Martial Arts in general, especially in the bigger cities.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Interesting comment , what is the basis for saying they are having issues using structure in real time? and why is their wing chun limited? I don't know these guys but the brief chi sau shown looked more rounded to me than alot of the stuff passed off as chi sau on here and youtube. You obvioulsy see something different to me sofor the sake of discussion it would be good to understand what and where?
    I don't want to annoy anyone but since you ask to me their structure is rather stilted. It appears they have not made it their own. It is like the imitation of structure rather than an internalised body method.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !