Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dit da jow

dit da jow

Hello,

I was interested to see if there are any good dit da jows or internal chinese formulas to take for degenerative disc disease in the lower spine. I have a serious injury in my lower spine and wanted to find something to help out while I rehabiliate this injury.

thanks,
    Mark

i've looked at some books on jow and on the web but there are too many different formulas. I'm not sure which one would be the best for this condition.

Greetings and Welcome to the forum.

You may want to contact Mr Dale Dugas. He is a member of our forum and is a recent graduate in the field of Chinese medicine. He has recently passed his board examinations. He is serious about what he has dedicated himself to and he is fully capable of creating a jow for your specific needs.

http://www.bostonbaguazhang.com/

mickey

I haven't used Dale's products yet. I hear good things. I've been using http://www.plumdragonherbs.com/ for the past 4 years and am very satisfied with their products.

Let me know how I can be of service to anyone seeking out Dit Da Jow.

www.coilingdragon.com
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Let me know how I can be of service to anyone seeking out Dit Da Jow.

www.coilingdragon.com
    How about letting someone of equal size hit you in actual sparring to demo your iron body skills.

Doe not matter who hits me, small or not, trained or not.

You are always welcome to come try me out as well.

Oh relax, i was just teasing with all the crap you were getting from that other poster, i thought i'd throw out a funny, hence the winky face.

PS: I accept your invitation and will be there in Aug.

LOL

It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by mkim680 View Post
    Hello,

I was interested to see if there are any good dit da jows or internal chinese formulas to take for degenerative disc disease in the lower spine. I have a serious injury in my lower spine and wanted to find something to help out while I rehabiliate this injury.

thanks,
    Mark

i've looked at some books on jow and on the web but there are too many different formulas. I'm not sure which one would be the best for this condition.
    you might have some luck dealing w ancillary soft-tisse inflammation caused by DDD, but as far as rebuilding the damaged structures I wouldn't hold your breath - it's highly doubtful that any herbal formula would be able to target those structures specifically and even if they could, wouldn't really be able to "rebuild" them; of course, if there were any valid/reliable objective research contradicting my supposition, I'd be happy to reconsider my perspective; for example, I know that there has been some research looking at TCM herbal remedies related to speeding healing time of various wounds, albeit with direct topical application to the effected areas;

We cannot officially condone any sort of challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    PS: I accept your invitation and will be there in Aug.
    But in this case, video will be required.

Oh wait...Brule, are you as big as Dale?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by mkim680 View Post
    Hello,

What sort of treatment options has your doctor gone over with you? Have you tried any? Are you looking to TCM because western medicine has failed or because you think TCM has some mystic cure that will fix you right up?
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

dit da jow

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate Ashida Kim View Post
    What sort of treatment options has your doctor gone over with you? Have you tried any? Are you looking to TCM because western medicine has failed or because you think TCM has some mystic cure that will fix you right up?
    I have actually tried many different therapies both eastern and western. The best treatment I received was qigong massage along with exercise. Currently, I am doing qigong and tai chi/bagua. I wanted to try some chinese internal formulas along with dit da jow. I understand even TCM may not be able to fix my situation. I was told by numerous spine surgeons that my condition needs a fusion surgery. I am looking to avoid that since I am 32 and would like to continue with martial arts practice.

One great thing about the injury is that it has led me on a path to learning about TCM. This knowledge itself has been beneficial for my health.

Not officially challenged

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    But in this case, video will be required.

Oh wait...Brule, are you as big as Dale?
    Is there anyone as big as Dale?

Talking

There are always people who are:

bigger
    meaner
    stronger
    faster
    etc etc.

just how big is Dale