Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avengers vs x men

avengers vs x men

has anyone been keeping up with this series? its freaking amazing!!! i just caught up with it. so the story line goes..

both the x men and the avengers find out the pheonix force is returning to earth, and the mutant messiah hope, is about to receive it..but the avengers want to destroy it. and all out war ensues between them, at first the avengers get the upper hand, then the tides turn and its stale mated, until the pheonix force comes, iron man developed a machine he thought would destroy it.. but it just seperates the energy and it goes into five x men, CYCLOPS, ILYANA(MAGIK), COLOSSUS, EMMA FROST AND NAMOR(THE SUB MARINER, YES HE IS AN X MAN NOW) and needless to say the five become godlike.. and pretty much whup the avengers asses...they start out by reshaping the world..trying to save it...but the avengers try and destroy the pheonix force which results in some decent, in the form of beast and black panther who think the pheonix five are doing good... ill leave it at that as this is spoiler ridden enough... def. worth a read if you are into comic books. and yes the story does have a martial twist to it.. as the iron fist seems to have some ability to defeat them, but it hasnt been developed yet.

I'll have to check that series out. Lately I've been into Age of Apocalypse: The X Terminated. In that the world has gone mad - the mutants led by Wolverine have taken over and have nearly eradicated the human race. A small team of humans is all that stands between humankind and total annihilation. So it's gadgets, martial arts, and smarts vs super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I'll have to check that series out. Lately I've been into Age of Apocalypse: The X Terminated. In that the world has gone mad - the mutants led by Wolverine have taken over and have nearly eradicated the human race. A small team of humans is all that stands between humankind and total annihilation. So it's gadgets, martial arts, and smarts vs super powers.
    wow thats so far back...lol super old school..i can dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    wow thats so far back...lol super old school..i can dig it!
    They're back this year!!! They're on issue 5. Jean Grey and Sabre Tooth are part of the X Terminated (they lost their powers).

Favorite Cover

they're actually about to cancel alot of these titles come october...even x men, and the avengers... as the xmen and avengers will be combined into one team.

Ahh fun stuff.

AvX has been entertaining, its every-other week schedule helps it plenty. While I'm a big fan of John Romita Jr. (we went to the same art school) his work on the first half of the series seemed a bit rushed. The second half looks gorgeous.
    I've been reading Uncanny X-men which did a great job of setting up the situation which lead to AvX and is now doing a lovely job filling in how some of the other -men are coping with the Phoenix 5. Magneto is great in that book, realizing he's been "the mutant John the baptist" all along.

The Iron Fist connection is being explored in the pages of NEW AVENGERS. Considering Iron Fist gets his powers from the Qi of a Dragon there's an appropriated Dragon/Phoenix connection. Alas the writing is not as strong and the art could be better but it's worth flipping through in the comic shop.

But for a more thorough background on Iron Fist as he's currently viewed check out THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST.

I was never really into AGE OF APOCALYPSE. The revival was jump started in the page of UNCANNY X-FORCE which continues to be wacky/bloody fun.

they're actually about to cancel alot of these titles come october...even x men, and the avengers... as the xmen and avengers will be combined into one team.
    After DC comics' major success with their "NEW 52" line-wide relaunch it was just a matter of time before MARFVEL had to step up with something. Their answer is MARVEL NOW!

Say it loud.

UNCANNY AVENGERS will be written by Rick Remender (who's been writing the above mentioned UNCANNY X-FORCE (is there a pattern here?) with art by John Cassaday who worked with Joss Whedon when he was writing ASTONISHING X-MEN back in the early days of the century.

There are nine books slated for cancellation. Those nine titles are: Captain America, Fantastic Four, FF, Incredible Hulk, Invincible Iron Man, New Mutants, The Mighty Thor, Uncanny X-Men and X-Men Legacy.

The replacement titles are are follows.
    • Uncanny Avengers (October), by writer Rick Remender and artist John Cassaday, will bring together a new team of X-Men and Avengers featuring Captain America and Wolverine for new world-saving missions. First up: Stopping the Red Skull, who is aiming to eradicate the mutant race.
    • All New X-Men (November), by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Stuart Immonen, features the original five X-Men who have found their way from the past to the present — including the long-dead Jean Grey.
    • Avengers (December), by writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Jerome Opena, stars a large group that encompasses popular Avengers over the years plus other Marvel fan favorites. And this'll be a squad that won't just be Earth's mightiest heroes — If there's trouble in the galaxy, they'll be called into duty.

i have a feeling the phoenix five are going to die... making a good path for the original five to come in... means, beast, cyclops, ice man, and angel all have to go...ofcourse jean is already gone... the hand writings on the wall on that one..

i have a feeling the phoenix five are going to die... making a good path for the original five to come in... means, beast, cyclops, ice man, and angel all have to go...ofcourse jean is already gone... the hand writings on the wall on that one..
    Well a look at that MARVEL NOW! link shows a redesigned Cyclops. With the "original team" traveling into the present day from some point in the past ('90's? certainly not the '60s which would be Grooovey Man) I'm curious how that will be resolved with some of the current characters. But of course the nature of the Phoenix and comics in general . . . death is curable.

but ofcourse!!! i like this self righteous, delusional cyclops thou..he is the perfect marriage of magneto and xavier... "peace, by any means necessary"

Anyone pick up the latest issue?

The Brawl is Brought to the mystical kung fu city of K'un Lun.

I'll have to catch back up. I got issue #1 but haven't made my way back to my local comic shop in a few months. I hope they don't kill Namor, if they do, no one will know where he hid one of the infinity gems except maybe Prof X.

I still need need to read #9 but I love it so far.

Wow, so when one goes down the Phoenix force divides between the remaining of the 5. I wonder if this will wittle down to one and what the end game will be after that. Thanks for starting the thread Doug, I might not have picked it back up otherwise.