Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yik Kam STL part 2 section 1 and 2

Yik Kam STL part 2 section 1 and 2

here is a brief of the Yik Kam STL part 2 section 1 and 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-66CpoSP2_0

enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Do you truly believe that you can develop TCMA skill solo? Where is your "opponent"? Without "opponent", timing, opportunity, and angle will have no meaning.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-11-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

enjoy!
    Thanks Hendrik, good knowledge.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    Thanks Hendrik, good knowledge.
    you are welcome,

that is to give a slight taste of our second part for those who have not seen the Yik Kam or Cho family set.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

enjoy!
    This is really great Hendrik, thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    This is really great Hendrik, thanks for posting
    your are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Do you truly believe that you can develop TCMA skill solo? Where is your "opponent"? Without "opponent", timing, opportunity, and angle will have no meaning.
    I like what sanots is presenting, but i would also like to see this too

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Every training has its purpose. Use training partner or not depend on what I am sharing. It is similar to writing one needs to follow the subject.

Up to now, I have not talked about combat applications but introduction to layers of WCK 1850 art basic to some degree of details.

I couldn't watch the whole thing thru in it's entirety, it was far too boring for my tastes.

But, I wanted to give it a chance, so I skipped thru it and every time I stopped to watch and listen I saw the same thing - some guy standing with horrible root, feet together & toes out, showing a few simple hand techniques and not much else - no supporting concepts or theory.

Sorry, but what is this supposed to show, how bad he is as a teacher & practitioner?
    I'm not trying to be negative either, I really can't see how this is is termed 'good knowledge' - it looked like a beginner trying to fumble thru the form for the first time just after learning it.
    And he's supposed to be the lineage holder of this system??
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 07-13-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I couldn't watch the whole thing thru in it's entirety, it was far too boring for my tastes.

But, I wanted to give it a chance, so I skipped thru it and every time I stopped to watch and listen I saw the same thing - some guy standing with horrible root, feet together & toes out, showing a few simple hand techniques and not much else - no supporting concepts or theory.

Sorry, but what is this supposed to show, how bad he is as a teacher & practitioner?
    I'm not trying to be negative either, I really can't see how this is is termed 'good knowledge' - it looked like a beginner trying to fumble thru the form for the first time just after learning it.

Thanks for your opinion.

Since it doesn't fit you, do not waste you time.

Blog Entries

How could you say this stuff if you never touched hands with him?

How could you say otherwise?? Why would I need to touch his hands to comment on what he did in the video when it's so painfully obvious just by watching it?

He did have his feet close together with his toes pointed out, he did have no root and was wobbly, he did just fumble thru his deomonstrations. He did babble on like a beginner mixing up the names of those techniques and at times seeming to not really know what he was even talking about (calling his elbow his shoulder). He did just talk about a few techniques and nothing much else (how long was the video??)

To me, he looked like either someone that was a beginner, has very little skill and understanding in his art, and/or has slipped slightly off his rocker. Sorry, but I would be embarrassed to call myself the gatekeeper of a lineage and present a 'clip' like this

Besides all of that, I've offered to meet with him several times since I am out in his area once or twice a year so I could see for myself - he turned me down.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 07-13-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Jpinaz is correct. I am just a beginner according to him.

So, let life goes on. Letting things passed is a part of Wing Chun . Wing Chun uses energy effectively.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-13-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Besides all of that, I've offered to meet with him several times since I am out in his area once or twice a year so I could see for myself - he turned me down.
    Hendrik,

What's your story on this? That's pretty extreme - another WCK family practitioner in your area asking to meet up and exchange ideas and you refusing?
    You mad over postings on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Hendrik,

What's your story on this? That's pretty extreme - another WCK family practitioner in your area asking to meet up and exchange ideas and you refusing?
    You mad over postings on the internet?

1, There is no story needed.

USA is a free country to choose who one want to meet or not. not to mention I dont even aware of such request.

2, Everyone is free to post what they like under regulate by the Law.
    This is a Youtube era of sharing to those who is interested.

Not to mention this forum is own by KF Magazine , and as soon as Gene approve it. that is the bottom line.

and also

I dont go to your HFY posting questioning your posting and commenting on your youtube on Garrett.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-15-2012 at 12:04 PM.