Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yik Kam STL part 2 section 1 and 2

Blog Entries
    Too much emphasis on "solo" training is the major problem for TCMA today.

You will need to use your

- partner drills to "develop" your skill,
    - sparring/wrestling to "test" your skill,
    - equipment (weight) training to "enhance" your skill,
    - solo drills to "polish" your skill.

Without first "developing" your skill, there is nothing to "polish".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-15-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Too much emphasis on "solo" training is the major problem for TCMA today.

You will need to use your

- partner drills to "develop" your skill,
    - sparring/wrestling to "test" your skill,
    - equipment (weight) training to "enhance" your skill,
    - solo drills to "polish" your skill.

Without first "developing" your skill, there is nothing to "polish".

John,

please start your own thread.

This thread is about a WCK set.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.

is it the case then the whole set/3 sets is one long qigong form? that when we practice it with the 5 layers in mind, it is activating the body in different ways and when we become aware of all the meridians and their inter-connectedness, we can combine this with the intention/visualization to generate/handle different types of momentum? when the opponent generates momentum toward you, are you using visualization to dissipitate/break/etc it?

hendrik, is this what the yik kam set you practice is like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYIy06aW7c

Quote Originally Posted by simple234 View Post
    hendrik, is this what the yik kam set you practice is like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYIy06aW7c

nope. this is a set made up by some one in the modern time. I guess , after 2000 by some one i know because I see his signature.

is it the case then the whole set/3 sets is one long qigong form? that when we practice it with the 5 layers in mind, it is activating the body in different ways and when we become aware of all the meridians and their inter-connectedness, we can combine this with the intention/visualization to generate/handle different types of momentum? --------------

Qigong is a term made up by the Beijing tcm doctor in 1950.

The all WCK sets of 1850 has neigong which has all the five layers elements design in.

the five layers is only make one aware of what is designed in the set. one doesnt change the set but get to know the set better.

when the opponent generates momentum toward you, are you using visualization to dissipitate/break/etc it? ----------

nope. more complex then that. Human are physical beings, no visualization alone can handle momenctum.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    I couldn't watch the whole thing thru in it's entirety, it was far too boring for my tastes.

But, I wanted to give it a chance, so I skipped thru it and every time I stopped to watch and listen I saw the same thing - some guy standing with horrible root, feet together & toes out, showing a few simple hand techniques and not much else - no supporting concepts or theory.

Sorry, but what is this supposed to show, how bad he is as a teacher & practitioner?
    I'm not trying to be negative either, I really can't see how this is is termed 'good knowledge' - it looked like a beginner trying to fumble thru the form for the first time just after learning it.
    And he's supposed to be the lineage holder of this system??
    What one see and is, is not always the same thing..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    What one see and is, is not always the same thing..
    How can people even say this? So when he's standing with his feet together, heels out and his body wobbling around all while fumbling thru/misnaming his techniques and body parts like someone that's overly intoxicated, that's not what is really going on?
    Please tell me why these things are clearly visible in the clip yet it's not really what's happening, cause I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

How can people even say this? So when he's standing with his feet together, heels out and his body wobbling around all while fumbling thru/misnaming his techniques and body parts like someone that's overly intoxicated, that's not what is really going on?
    Please tell me why these things are clearly visible in the clip yet it's not really what's happening, cause I guess my eyes are playing tricks on me
    one can look wobbling but in fact be in control..One example is the drunken style. My sifu at times looks off balance whenin fact he is in control. all one needs to do is try to push them over and you will see for your self. I have meet a few people who if you never touch their hands it would look what you think it looks like when in fact it is not. So yes,the eyes can be mislead sometimes. I dont need to look at the clip I've met and trained with Hendrik so i know whats what. Forget about what it looks like.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    one can look wobbling but in fact be in control..One example is the drunken style. My sifu at times looks off balance whenin fact he is in control. all one needs to do is try to push them over and you will see for your self. I have meet a few people who if you never touch their hands it would look what you think it looks like when in fact it is not. So yes,the eyes can be mislead sometimes. I dont need to look at the clip I've met and trained with Hendrik so i know whats what. Forget about what it looks like.
    Try this , he is much much better then me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu7ZmN4-0Q0

This too,
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...v_ZWJsN6rcxjZg

Wobbling is the willow body, willow can face strong wind with ease while rooted tree uproot and break under strong wind, it is just a natural phenomenon.

Wing Chun 1850 the ladies art is not shaolin art which is compete and fighting strength with strength.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.

I can understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, I've noticed that some people who are famous for their Ving Tsun skills and whatnot have done some of the worst performances on video ever lol. I've come to the conclusion that either they're sparing details or they've just mastered the art to the point where they can express the energies even when it looks like they're sloppy. Personally, I think it's very rare to see a sifu on video who performs his forms/etc the very best he/she can (this is purely my opinion btw) .

Not saying that this applies to Hendrik specifically, but I'm sure it applies to a lot of Ving Tsun/Kung Fu/Martial arts videos and youtube clips.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Bottom line is there is a lot of people who are full of **** out there so you have every right to question what you feel is garbage. However, in the end it is just personal speculation. At the end of the day you have to touch hands with the person to find out for real. Perfect personal example is this one guy that many refer to as "Gumby" in Columbus park, Chinatown, NYC. This guy apparently didn't know a lick of kung fu before he started to play and mess around with alot of the guys to come to the park and train. After 4 years he developed his own style and now he is impossible to push over (well very very hard) all the while not using his hands at all. One day in really broken English he told me that he is actually an expert dancer (ball room, Tango... Etc) he said that everything he does is purely from his dancing background and things he tested in the park. Simply mind blowing. Unfortunately he hasn't developed it into a system that can be taught and replicated (this was 4 years ago). My point is that when I first saw him I honestly thought he was a joke. In fact alot of us at the park did, until we tried him out.
    Last edited by nasmedicine; 07-15-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post
    I can understand where you're coming from, but at the same time, I've noticed that some people who are famous for their Ving Tsun skills and whatnot have done some of the worst performances on video ever lol. I've come to the conclusion that either they're sparing details or they've just mastered the art to the point where they can express the energies even when it looks like they're sloppy. Personally, I think it's very rare to see a sifu on video who performs his forms/etc the very best he/she can (this is purely my opinion btw) .

Not saying that this applies to Hendrik specifically, but I'm sure it applies to a lot of Ving Tsun/Kung Fu/Martial arts videos and youtube clips.

How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aUkY-EqVQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Honestly, I believe that most sifus at that level as Sifu Chu Shong Tin can do a form that most people would say is terrible but in reality it would be very powerful. The difference between them and noobs is that they understand and can generate the energy and power necessary while a less trained individual can still do their form sloppy and have no power behind it.

In a similar sense, there are times I spar or chi sao with my sifu and it seems like he's breaking all the Ving Tsun concepts, but he still owns me. I feel that the appearance isn't always indicative of the efficiency and power of a style, if it was, Ving Tsun would be one of the weakest styles ever because it certainly doesn't look powerful (imo) at the superficial level.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post
    Honestly, I believe that most sifus at that level as Sifu Chu Shong Tin can do a form that most people would say is terrible but in reality it would be very powerful. The difference between them and noobs is that they understand and can generate the energy and power necessary while a less trained individual can still do their form sloppy and have no power behind it.

In a similar sense, there are times I spar or chi sao with my sifu and it seems like he's breaking all the Ving Tsun concepts, but he still owns me. I feel that the appearance isn't always indicative of the efficiency and power of a style, if it was, Ving Tsun would be one of the weakest styles ever because it certainly doesn't look powerful (imo) at the superficial level.
    You my friend are very wise.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung