Thread: Superfight Jones vs Silva

Superfight Jones vs Silva

Look at this crap from Jon Jones on why he and Anderson Silva won't fight...

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/159929.html
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Look at this crap from Jon Jones on why he and Anderson Silva won't fight...

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/159929.html
    Hard to know if that is the case or they are just holding out for the mega bucks.
    Fighters fight and all fighters wanna fight "Da man", whoever they may feel that is at any given time.
    Everyone wants to test themselves VS the best.
    BUT if there is too much mutal respect or even friendship, it may be hard to get "up" for the fight and since both are champs and both have the money, what is the motivation?
    Other than just seeing who is best.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Hard to know if that is the case or they are just holding out for the mega bucks.
    Fighters fight and all fighters wanna fight "Da man", whoever they may feel that is at any given time.
    Everyone wants to test themselves VS the best.
    BUT if there is too much mutal respect or even friendship, it may be hard to get "up" for the fight and since both are champs and both have the money, what is the motivation?
    Other than just seeing who is best.
    I just don't buy that, you're a professional fighter...MMA buddies have been fighting each other since the beginning and since when have fighters had enough or too much money??? Ever seen one of those guys retire wealthy?

Hell I even fought one of my friends for free one time!

The minute you get kicked in the head, I'm pretty sure you'll be up for the fight after that.

If you want to be 'Da Man' you have to fight 'Da Man'.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    I just don't buy that, you're a professional fighter...MMA buddies have been fighting each other since the beginning and since when have fighters had enough or too much money??? Ever seen one of those guys retire wealthy?

Hell I even fought one of my friends for free one time!

The minute you get kicked in the head, I'm pretty sure you'll be up for the fight after that.

If you want to be 'Da Man' you have to fight 'Da Man'.
    Sure and I agree and I think it's more about holding out for the right cash since a loss for either one could prove costly.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I can understand what he's saying... It might be a ploy for money but, I could understand if it's not also. I look at it like this... one of them will have to leave their comfort zone (weight) for the fight to take place. Not every fighter can pull that off... even the greats can't always pull that off!
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Oops, sorry, wrong post

Even I would pay to see this fight. Like Rocky II, the Superfight of the Century, to top strikers going at it, Jones with his reach, unorthadox style, Sliva with his precision, timing and experience/confidence, good stuff...

Will keep my eyes open

James

Quote Originally Posted by Sardinkahnikov View Post
    Oops, sorry, wrong post
    Don't be scared!

I think Jones realizes he has nothing to gain if he fights Silva. Silva is the best MMA fighter in the world, and if they fought, there is a chance Silva can put Jones away, which for a fighter of Jones's size would be embarrassed. If Jones wins, he beat an older and smaller opponent.

It's the same thing for Silva and GSP. GSP is one of the best in the world and has the potential to beat him, which would be embarrassing for Silva and a blow to his legacy. If he beats GSP he beat a smaller guy.

D@mned if you do and d@mned if you don't.
    "Neither is "safe", if you want to be safe stay home and play with yourself" -lkfmdc

Maybe they should fight at a 'catch weight' of 195lbs or something?