Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    Don't let someone grab you. It really is that simple.
    what if they have magnet hands

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    Use your own magnet hands in the same polarity and bounce him away without touching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    id say a re-drag or simply cutting the corner is the best counter

actually hand fighting and keeping the elbows in are the best counters, prevention is better than cure
    +1This!

From what I can make from the video this is the best option!
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    I imagine SJ guys are a lot like Judo guys in that some of them have a steel vice like grip. Sometimes you just have to give up the jacket because you aren't going to break their grip.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If your opponent does this to you, what will be your favor solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6j9rwcahA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhho8FZ59So
    It would be following along.

The first clip. We may walk or run along at the same direction. When he stops, we use our body or shoulder to kao. Get close and not away.

The second clip. We may walk or run in circle, too. Or just sit down and use our body weight downward to neutralize his circular or horizontal jin downward.

etc etc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    It would be following along.

The first clip. We may walk or run along at the same direction. When he stops, we use our body or shoulder to kao. Get close and not away.

The second clip. We may walk or run in circle, too. Or just sit down and use our body weight downward to neutralize his circular or horizontal jin downward.

etc etc

- Your solution (run along at the same direction) for the 1st clip may end like this:

If your opponent wants to follow you, you can help him to follow you a bit more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG1PEzHuKfY

- Your solution (sit down and use our body weight downward) for the 2nd clip may end like this:

If your opponent wants to sit down, you can help him to sit down a bit more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XxPb_SrIxg

Both yielding and resistence are not good solutions. the best solution is to take your offense back and reverse your opponent's pulling into your pushing.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-16-2012 at 03:51 PM.

YouKnowWho,

Thanks for pointing out the detail of the grabbing techniques. It is not easy to tell much from watching the videos at a computer.

IMHO, either way of resisting or yielding might work. If I am quick enough to response, and that is my balance has not been dragged off yet, I can lean away from the opponent's pull. Thus my centre of gravity will be shifted to my back leg, so my front leg can kick out right away at about the same time. If my balance is already off caused by the opponent's pull, then I will borrow his force and add my force to quickly ram into him with my elbow and shoulder. Take caution in avoiding his free hand in getting me.

P.S. I find that the grabbing techniques do not serve much purpose other than defense purpose in preventing the opponent from attacking me by dragging him off balance from time to time.

KC
    Hong Kong