Thread: Jake Burroughs Article

Jake Burroughs Article

Tonight I picked jup the November/December 2012 issue of KUNG FU TAI CHI magazine. In it was a very good article by Jake Burroughs on Six Harmony Mantis.

The article was very informative. I think it is the best of Jake's writings so far.

Check it out!

Recently, I was watching some of my more advanced kung fu brothers at the Wu Tan playing the Liu He Tanglangquan set, Duan Chui (short strikes). It is a very interesting form and I look forward to learning it someday.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 10-05-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Tonight I picked jup the November/December 2012 issue of KUNG FU TAI CHI magazine. In it was a very good article by Jake Burroughs on Six Harmony Mantis.

The article was very informative. I think it is the best of Jake's writings so far.

Check it out!

Recently, I was watching some of my more advanced kung fu brothers at the Wu Tan playing the Liu He Tanglangquan set, Duan Chui (short strikes). It is a very interesting form and I look forward to learning it someday.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jake also has a new article (on Chinese grappling)coming out soon in the book which is the finale issue of The Journal of Asian Martial Arts

Glad you liked that.

Jake is bringing some fine contributions to our magazine. It's always a pleasure working with him and a delight to showcase his research.

BTW, for the record, here's the ND2012 thread. Six Harmonies Praying Mantis Boxing Fighting Theory By Jake Burroughs
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart