Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qi Cultivating Exercises

Post Qi Cultivating Exercises

This may have already been asked elsewhere, but what is the current understanding behind qi cultivating exercises such as the yijinjing/i chin ching and san chin/sanzhan forms? How do these build qi?

Somewhat related, but I have also read and understood that when muscles are tensed the blood and qi flow away from the area. Then when released the qi flows back to the area in a stronger fashion...almost like a river surge.

Thoughts?

Read this recent thread : http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=63985

And don't forget to get some popcorn...

Something is experienced as a change that takes place during these, and indeed, any exercises. It can be called movement of qi if you like.

Current consensus around these parts might be that qi is a cultural construct that cannot really be defined because it refers to many ideas over the centuries.

These exercises work if they appear to increase your strength, concentration, self awareness or range of movement. They can be said to increase qi. Whether qi exists as a substance or not is another question.

Yik kan king may be said to open pathways within the body for improved health. Sam chin may be for another purpose entirely--do develop the ability "to issue power" suddenly.

Lots of old threads on the subject here. Dig around.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    Read this recent thread : http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=63985

And don't forget to get some popcorn...
    and in your case, magic popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    magic popcorn...

Eat good food, breathe healthy air, exercise moderately, reduce unnecessary stress, ameliorate any persistent negative emotions, get a healthy amount of sleep and the magic will fill you naturally without any extraneous effort.

This way saves a lot of time too!

Lol. The trolls have found your thread, and like the other thread, want to promote their is no chi propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Lol. The trolls have found your thread, and like the other thread, want to promote their is no chi propaganda.
    You know nothing of Taoism, you know, the ones who formulated the primary theory behind qi in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    You know nothing of Taoism, you know, the ones who formulated the primary theory behind qi in the first place.
    Sorry we are in a kung fu forum, not a religious forum, so unless you can address chi in a MA application, you are in wrong place.

Qi does not behave differently based upon why or how one chooses to use it. It's principles are universal. It's benefits or detriments are universal. It's qualities are universal.

It does not function differently from person to person. It favors no one. It does what it does based on its inherent principles, and it does it the same for all people at all times, under all circumstances. It does not work one way for martial artists and another for religious people and yet another way for the sick or infirm.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    LOL!

You kep this up, u gonna start winning more threads than bawang; better hope he doesne't notice...

Sorry we are in a kung fu forum, not a religious forum, so unless you can address chi in a MA application, you are in wrong place.
    what does Taoism as relates to "qi cultivation" have to do with religion?

u obviously haven't been paying attention at all; the "trolls" never said there is no such thing as "qi"; we do, however, reject the contrivances that u and others who are unable to understand it in a contemporary context ascribe to it;

see, what u don't get is this: I have interacted w dozens, if not scores of "qi true believers" over the last 20 yrs, all around the country - and while doing so, in their presence, I have "successfully" read other's "qi", projected my own, pushed hands, and without fail, the "true believers" gave me their "seal of approval"; however, the difference was that for part of that time, I was also a "believer"; but then for another pat of that time, I came to some very different conclusions, the ones that I presently hold;
    despite this change in my own perspective, in every single instance, the "true believers" were still very quick to say that I "had' what I claimed to have - of course, I didn't tell them about my apostate perspective: I just told them I was going to do "x", and they went right along with it;

of course, u r probably going to tell me that without exception, none of them "had it" - 20 years and scores of practitioners, from both the martial and the healing world, and not a single man-jack of 'em had the goods, right?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    u obviously haven't been paying attention at all; the "trolls" never said there is no such thing as "qi"; we do, however, reject the contrivances that u and others who are unable to understand it in a contemporary context ascribe to it;

see, what u don't get is this: I have interacted w dozens, if not scores of "qi true believers" over the last 20 yrs, all around the country - and while doing so, in their presence, I have "successfully" read other's "qi", projected my own, pushed hands, and without fail, the "true believers" gave me their "seal of approval"; however, the difference was that for part of that time, I was also a "believer"; but then for another pat of that time, I came to some very different conclusions, the ones that I presently hold;
    despite this change in my own perspective, in every single instance, the "true believers" were still very quick to say that I "had' what I claimed to have - of course, I didn't tell them about my apostate perspective: I just told them I was going to do "x", and they went right along with it;

of course, u r probably going to tell me that without exception, none of them "had it" - 20 years and scores of practitioners, from both the martial and the healing world, and not a single man-jack of 'em had the goods, right?
    Nothing to do with believing, and yes you probably just got all those tai-chi guys that think they have chi because they do sets.

Whatever , believe what you want, but just because you have not come accross the real deal, does not mean that it does not excist.

Nothing to do with believing, and yes you probably just got all those tai-chi guys that think they have chi because they do sets.

Whatever , believe what you want, but just because you have not come accross the real deal, does not mean that it does not excist.
    you r really this obtuse? or r u actually this dumb? u just can't handle nuance / shades of gray - it's either / or for u;

try actually reading what I write, then respond;

I'm not talking about just taiji guys - they r one part of the equation, but I have met / touched hands with so-called internal people out there that u wil probably never meet, who r connected and "have it"; I am not denying it, I never denied it, u just wish I would because it would make ur black/white argument easier;

as for real-deal, there r people out there who, as I said, u will never meet, who "have it"; they r not taiji guys; there r also sum taiji guys I've met who 'have it'

what u don't get is that what they have isn't based on al the "qi" mumbo that people like to spew