Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Man of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    After all, some comic has to have god-fights in it.
    Yep.
    That is what makes this character so freaking awesome.
    "A God that walks amongst Us".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It does get a bit challenging when 90% of the rogues galleries in the DC universe could be solved by Supes flying forward and punching.

But, yeah, I do enjoy the ones where he's up against some monstrously powerful alien menace... or some actually intelligent Lex scheme.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

It does get a bit challenging when 90% of the rogues galleries in the DC universe could be solved by Supes flying forward and punching.

But, yeah, I do enjoy the ones where he's up against some monstrously powerful alien menace... or some actually intelligent Lex scheme.
    Indeed.
    To me the story is really how superman that CAN dominate the planet, choose to SERVE the planet.
    As a Christian that has some serious "undertones" of course and maybe that is why I like it.

I will admit that as a very-non-christian it's possible that those parts of the Superman mythos just don't resonate with me.

Might explain why I was more of a Green Lantern fan growing up.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I will admit that as a very-non-christian it's possible that those parts of the Superman mythos just don't resonate with me.

I was never a fan of Superman growing up, preferred Batman from Dc and X-men and Master of Kung fu and Iron fist ( of course).
    Funny that when I slowly became a Christian, I liked the mythos more.
    Maybe I just have "angel envy" LMAO !
    It would be super awesome to fly though
    I recall the first time I sky dived and thought, if this is just falling, what must flying feel like !

That explains a lot !!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012...-gay-dc-comics

who moved this off topic? this totally belongs in the media section.

From what Zack Snyder said in the Comic-Con panel... if Man of Steel is a success it could potentially be the start of a DC film universe akin to Marvel... and thus a connected Justice League. That was the implication.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I wasn't that interested until I saw this trailer. Very cool.

I just peed a tiny little bit.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    I just peed a tiny little bit.
    LOL !
    I hear ya.

Gunn it

James Gunn reassures DC fans amid rumors about future movies: 'We're still just beginning'
    "Building the next 10 years of story takes time," the new co-chair of DC Films tweeted following reports that projects like Wonder Woman 3 or a Black Adam sequel could be dead.

By Christian Holub
    December 08, 2022 at 04:48 PM EST

James Gunn wants to reassure fans about his plans for future DC movies.

The Suicide Squad director was recently named co-chair of DC Films alongside producer Peter Safran, and though they won't present their plans to Warner Bros. Discovery chief David Zaslav until next week, The Hollywood Reporter reports that big changes could be in store, including the potential end of Gal Gadot's time as Wonder Woman.

Representatives for WBD have not responded to EW's request for comment on THR's report, but Gunn himself posted a thread to Twitter on Thursday directly referencing it. Although he didn't confirm or deny specifics, he communicated that he and Safran are prioritizing DC's stories and characters.

"As for the story yesterday in the Hollywood Reporter, some of it is true, some of it is half-true, some of it is not true, & some of it we haven't decided yet whether it's true or not," Gunn wrote in the first tweet, without elaborating which was which.

James Gunn reassured DC fans on Twitter after reports emerged that future films like 'Wonder Woman 3' could be in trouble. | CREDIT: KEVIN WINTER/GETTY IMAGES; CLAY ENOS/ WARNER BROS.
    In another tweet, Gunn continued, "Although this first month at DC has been fruitful, building the next ten years of story takes time & we're still just beginning."

WB representatives did not respond to EW's request for additional comment on Gunn's tweets.

Gunn first made his name as a superhero director at Marvel with the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. He recently oversaw the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, and the new trailer for next year's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 teases one last adventure for the space-faring misfits as the director dedicates his full attention to DC (where he has already overseen the Peacemaker show for HBO Max, featuring John Cena's character from The Suicide Squad).

According to the aforementioned THR report, which was based entirely on unnamed sources, DC is not moving ahead with Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman 3. A long-awaited Man of Steel sequel starring Henry Cavill's Superman may also be dead in the water, even though Cavill recently reprised the role in the post-credits scene for Black Adam. Shortly afterward, he ended his other big franchise commitment by departing Netflix's The Witcher.

Speaking of Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam, a sequel is also said to be "unlikely" given the film's middling box office performance. Tweets this week from Johnson and Gadot — the former asserting that Black Adam actually will turn a profit, and the latter saying she "can't wait to share [Wonder Woman's] next chapter with you" — could be indicative of ongoing debates within the studio.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and the long-delayed The Flash starring Ezra Miller are still on track to hit theaters next year, but how they connect to other films remains unclear.

"As for more answers about the future of the DCU, I will sadly have to ask you to wait," Gunn wrote in the final tweet in his thread. "We are giving these characters & the stories the time & attention they deserve & we ourselves still have a lot more questions to ask & answer."
    Man-of-Steel
    Justice-League
    Aquaman-2
    Wonder-Woman-3
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart