Thread: Predator Versus Prey

Predator Versus Prey

Hey Team,

I'll start of by saying I'm not a fighter. No taste for it, I'm not that aggressive. But I've had my share of experiences and I thought I would talk about them.

In actual fights I have been in or have observed, there is a common factor. That is that the aggression is often one sided. What do I mean by this? One guy does all the attacking, the other guy is thinking 'What the f*ck is going on????' And you know what, a lot of the time, a lot of the time the other guy doesn't even hit back.

Doesn't even hit back? Seriously. Why?? I don't know why this happens, all I know is that it does. When your attacked suddenly you don't know what is going on, hitting a guy you have never met before in the face is a hard thing to make yourself do when you are so confused and startled and, yeah, frightened. Its weird but there are so many things going on in your mind that hitting back is not at the top of your priority list.

Predator and Prey is a very different approach. If a Lions Jaw was the best way to defend against Lions then all animals would have it.

Whenever we compare our MA on this forum, we all seem to do it from the Predator point of view. But the truth is, if you are good law abiding people then most of you are prey and if you are prey then ask yourself is a predators MA really the best thing for you?

I have trained both Sport Sanda and TCMA a great deal. When I have been attacked, I have always gone to my TCMA. But whenever I feel aggressive like I want to hurt someone, I go straight into Sanda mode. I don't mix the two together.

Sorry to rant on, but my question is does anyone else react like this? Have an almost entirely different MA in attack and defence?
    Last edited by RenDaHai; 07-19-2012 at 05:33 AM.

I guess I'm always in predator mode, but just because im use to getting into fights/being attacked fairly regularly. I like to dodge, block, and evade until I get a good opening and try and finish it right there as violently as ends up being necessary.