Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discussion about WCK history-lineage

Personally I am not interested in hearing even more stories about self promoters and the like from you guys here!!

BUT I would urge anyone who is learning Wing Chun to listen to what the old boy Chow Sze Chuen is saying because there are some little flecks of gold dust in this clip about Ip Mans method of teaching (especially about the blades) All from 1st hand experience which, in some parts, even looks as though he is embarrassing others present with his strong words of wisdom...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

I guess everyone wants to believe Ip Man taught everyone the same,and everyone has the same information..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    I guess everyone wants to believe Ip Man taught everyone the same,and everyone has the same information..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also even in classes there a A, B, C, D, F students, irregular attendees and sporadic auditors.......
    For me it's simple...the blades were controlling him rather than the other way around.

To: Jox- a post script. A commnet- not a debate.

Re: Chow tze chuen and Stephen Chan claims and marketing.::

There are lots of kicks in wing chun development-though in application the kicks are even more dependent on single leg balances than the hands. Chow sifu is leaning back on some of his kicks-
    a no no.

Ip man himself was a very very good kicker in his time.Many of his students did not learn much kicking in the open classes-but his kicks came out from nowhere in chi sao and gor sao and lat sao.
    Wing chun kicking and footwork are closely inter-related. Ip Man did not do chi sao with most of his students. IMO- it shows.

I normally would not comment on Chow sifu or any other IM direct student- but together with Chan's marketing - he is too critical of other IM students. Unfortunately beating one's own drum exclusively has become too common. PS-the blooming ego and self promotion..Chow also said that he corrected IM's dummy motions because IM was being forgetful.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 07-21-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Personally I am not interested in hearing even more stories about self promoters and the like from you guys here!!

BUT I would urge anyone who is learning Wing Chun to listen to what the old boy Chow Sze Chuen is saying because there are some little flecks of gold dust in this clip about Ip Mans method of teaching (especially about the blades) All from 1st hand experience which, in some parts, even looks as though he is embarrassing others present with his strong words of wisdom...
    I think youre too kind Spencer, his "wisdom" was hidden behind his own, not so subtle, chest beating

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    I think youre too kind Spencer, his "wisdom" was hidden behind his own, not so subtle, chest beating
    ---------------------------------------------
    lol....

and Chan's body oil.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Really?? An old man chest beating for the camera?? Never in a million years...

I found the chat about how to beat the 'Gweilo' quite an eye opener considering the previous threads on how Ip man didn't know Pinsan, yet Chow mentions it loads as being fundamental to the knives and fist work of Wing Chun.

It's Chan I'm not interested in, but having seen Chow in action in Foshan, and hearing his no nonsene memories of his actual time learning with Ip Man I think we could all learn a little from him to be honest... of course if you run a business teaching Wing Chun you obviously WILL be offended by what he has to say about that!

Oh! And obviously nobody knows the secret knife methods either, and he proves that to be fact by saying some 'made theirs up to save face'!! I mean, that's pure genius AND 100% honest IMHHHO because he says it all with such conviction.

Of course, he was only talking of the people he 'knew' who learnt knife as he was 1 of only 3 in his day... and the arguments continue...
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 07-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

[QUOTE=LoneTiger108;1180564]Really?? An old man chest beating for the camera?? Never in a million years...

------------------------------------------------

Not just for the camera-also doe what is called the selfish gene- perpetuation of progeny.

I was not impressed with his knife motions.
    Enough for me. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    I was not impressed with his knife motions.
    I thought he done considerably well for his age, and showed more distinctive Tang Ma methods than I generally see from young whipper snappers lol!

Even a little shadowless kick was thrown in too at one point
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Henrick has more real history then those guys here say stuff.

Just More trees, still missing forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    How is this related to me... ?

J,
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    not directed at you Jox. Just explaining my intent,

The internet conversations often destroy intent.

Jeez, you're even starting to post with his, er ... unusual grammar.

A real hero-worshipper would learn to spell his hero's name correctly, however.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    You must be kidding

Lineage stories are just that -stories.