Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Single Leg Posting, Hanging Leg, YGKYM and the No Shadow Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    Just got this idea, somewhere...
    Ian, do you pull your both legs 50/50 down the street?

How do we walk?

J,
    ------------------------------------------
    In forward steps I stay balanced -I don't drag the back foot.

There is a Facebook page for 'The Ip Man Question'.
    Currently an interesting discourse reguarding this very thread is going on.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    ----------------------------------------------
    Too bad. I dont do facebook or twitter or link etc Not bragging- just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    You mean this guy i take it

http://singaporetaijiquan.wordpress....ead-scratcher/

Well why doesn't he hop on here and educate us with his vast knowledge??

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

He's got plenty of time on his hands

http://singaporetaijiquan.wordpress....d-scratcher-2/

"Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

And theres more!

http://singaporetaijiquan.wordpress....d-scratcher-3/

And this is priceless.....

'Its funny how in trying to be clever one ends up being unscientific. To boost the argument the writer even starts to bring in the lineage argument and indirectly calling the other person childish. You know what is childish? Not being able to argue the case and starts calling the other person childish and putting up the “teacher says” and “my lineage does it this way so don’t question us cause its not your right” argument. To top it off accuse the other person of not knowing things even though you have never met the person of seen his call. This is why I don’t bother to post on kungfumagazine forum. No point trying to argue.'

But more than happy to put it up on his own page to highlight his "advanced skillz"

And theres more!

http://singaporetaijiquan.wordpress....d-scratcher-3/

And this is priceless.....

'Its funny how in trying to be clever one ends up being unscientific. To boost the argument the writer even starts to bring in the lineage argument and indirectly calling the other person childish. You know what is childish? Not being able to argue the case and starts calling the other person childish and putting up the “teacher says” and “my lineage does it this way so don’t question us cause its not your right” argument. To top it off accuse the other person of not knowing things even though you have never met the person of seen his call. This is why I don’t bother to post on kungfumagazine forum. No point trying to argue.'

But more than happy to put it up on his own page to highlight his "advanced skillz"
    Apparently we are all chest beaters!

http://singaporetaijiquan.wordpress....24/chest-drum/

A few more random thoughts on weight distribution and non-telegraphic kicks. First off, there are a lot of things that could telegraph a kick besides a weight shift. Maybe you shift your guard, angle your torso, tend to extend your lead hand, twitch, pick your nose, or whatever.

Like Moshe, I also come from a lineage that frees up the front leg by using the 100% back weighted stance. Back weighting like this does help remove one aspect of telegraphing a kick... that is the visible weight shift otherwise needed to free-up the front leg. This usually takes the form of a backwards shift of the hips or lean of the torso an instant before the kick is launched.

On the other hand, with practice, this small weight shift can be made in the same instant that the kick is delivered. In that case, the weight shift does not give away the kick, since it all happens at once. So what really matters (as Lee Chiang Po suggested) is how good your kicks are.

Or, to put it another way, although I see Moshe's point, I'd caution against saying that everybody else has a telegraphic kick. Moshe, if you feel that way, you really need to get out more and see what the best proponents of other lineages can do!
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Wow! I never realized that my writings on here would be republished on someones blog as an example of 'Sifu Says!' lol! Talking about removing the entire context of what people are sharing to inflate your own weeny little ego.

I guess calling yourself Mushin, literally that is the guys full name apparently, and promoting himself as a Taiji and Wing Chun teacher (??) puts him in a league of his own where he can be critical of everyone without any feedback whatsoever.

Oh wait! He 'helped' write the 'Complete Wing Chun' book so he must be right? Because we all know that anyone who had anything to do with that book is right

Destroys the whole concept of a forum IMHO but each to their own...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Wow! I never realized that my writings on here would be republished on someones blog as an example of 'Sifu Says!' lol! Talking about removing the entire context of what people are sharing to inflate your own weeny little ego.

I guess calling yourself Mushin, literally that is the guys full name apparently, and promoting himself as a Taiji and Wing Chun teacher (??) puts him in a league of his own where he can be critical of everyone without any feedback whatsoever.

Oh wait! He 'helped' write the 'Complete Wing Chun' book so he must be right? Because we all know that anyone who had anything to do with that book is right

Destroys the whole concept of a forum IMHO but each to their own...
    oh, and dont forget "The Ip Man question".... he's quite the author

oh, and dont forget "The Ip Man question".... he's quite the author
    I have no interest in people who do not identify themselves mate.

Not just that, I'm sorry but my learning of Wing Chun and years I have put into my own families research isn't going to be affected by anyone like this...

"I currently practice Taijiquan, Yang style. I started learning taiji in 1976 and have been doing so on and off since then. Eleven years ago I decided to go with taiji permanently."

So why write about Wing Chun??
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I have no interest in people who do not identify themselves mate.

Not just that, I'm sorry but my learning of Wing Chun and years I have put into my own families research isn't going to be affected by anyone like this...

"I currently practice Taijiquan, Yang style. I started learning taiji in 1976 and have been doing so on and off since then. Eleven years ago I decided to go with taiji permanently."

So why write about Wing Chun??
    He's at it again

http://singaporetaijiquan.wordpress....d-scratcher-4/

Id suggest he's a bit of a knob

Just got this idea, somewhere...
    Ian, do you pull your both legs 50/50 down the street?

How do we walk?

J,
    Try reading the thread before you comment it will make you look a little less stupid when you post. In my post I think that you will find I advocated moving between different weightings as the need arose.
    Shame there isn't an intelligence test before the forum lets you post.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Why not? Being out of wing chun, he can write about it independently...
    As I said, each to their own, but why not just post here so we can respond to his opinions too?

Wing Chun, for me, exists without any need of additional ideas and styles like Yang, or whatever, Taiji.

On the other hand, guy seems to have first hand info from Ip Man first generation student.
    I understand this but some of us have been in Wing Chun itself for years now, ten, twenty, and some thirty or so! Some are students of 1st generation, some 2nd like me but I know what I have, and we have quite a vast amount of single leg practise. I also have heard of Chu Shong Tin learning and background, so I'm quite clear what he specialized in more than others. As I know what my Sigung specialized in, it's all good stuff so there's no argument there.

Reading his IMQ, which is result of his study and research, he represent the single leg weight distribution style of wing chun in a simple yet complete way.
    In my opinion excellent work...
    I'm not saying it isn't, just that he should be more 'open' himself to other families ideas and opinions, seeing as his Wing Chun may just be a snapshot in time compared to some here.

And I'm actually not a 'Sifu says' kinda guy either... more like 'this is what my Sifu wrote for me'
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術