Thread: How old is too old?

How old is too old?

If you want to beat someone's ass. How old is too old to fight them?

Many people practice quietly and then when they are old say, "I am the grandmaster" and they are too old to beat down.

What is the cutoff limit? What age is too old to hit?

For me the rule is that if they were a woman and I wouldn't shed in them, then I shouldn't fight a man of the same age.

wear an old man disguise.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WangBazi View Post
    My teacher still accepted challenge when he was 74 years old. I will never challenge anyone who is over 75 years old. To me 75 can be considered as old age.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-10-2012 at 07:32 PM.

You Sifu was a Master's Master. A treasure of Chinese culture.

So who was your Master?

Actually your never too old. If you are then stop teaching "close hands" and give the school to your student to defend.

Fighting never ends, just look at how many "senior citizens" get mugged.

I remember at a tournament this taichi teacher who was considered a major pushands person leg their ego get the best of them and was dumped on the ground.

The outcry from others was hillarious. The fool doesn't know what a challenge is when asked to touch hands or show me.

The trick is to make sure you can whip him first. If you think you can, then load onto him. I find that this is what most people tend to do anyway. No one deliberately jumps on someone unless they feel they can whip them. Be they young, old, cripple, blind, man or woman or child. Human nature. That is why they train martial arts.
    Jackie Lee

One day I was on the way to an appointment but had to drop my wife's little dog off at the groomers. As I was leaving the groomer and headed back to the main road, an old man flagged me down. I stopped because I felt he might need help, but instead he tossed a dog turd rolled up in a piece of paper on me. I was wearing a white silk shirt, valued at more than his entire wordrobe. I asked WTF and he said I could have it back. Seeing that it wasn't even mine to begin with, and that now I was going to have to drive home and clean up and change my shirt, which was going to make me very late to my appointment, I proceeded to kick his a$$. He was 83 and I was only about 50, but he requesitioned that beating. I left him laying in the ditch and went on home and changed and drove to my appointment. The police came to visit me later that night, and I paid a heavy fine for it, but I told the judge that it was well worth it because I did not appreciate being assaulted with a dog turd. I am guessing he never tossed another dog turd. Most likely he has passed on to eternity. That was 16 years ago.
    Jackie Lee

Many people practice quietly and then when they are old say, "I am the grandmaster" and they are too old to beat down.

For me the rule is that if they were a woman and I wouldn't shed in them, then I shouldn't fight a man of the same age.
    For most, 60 is the cutoff age! If they get sick, cannot walk at 55 then 55 is the cutoff age and even 50. Shuaijiao is a consistant art, that, conservatively 70 is a good average cutoff providing the individual has kept his 'groove' beyond 60 with good conditioning! Even wushu guys, with as much taolu medals they get, 35 maybe the cutoff due to aerial and other degrees od nandu that messes up the knees then they switch to something 'soft' like tai chi chuan!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    it's a lose-lose situation for the young punk, and a win-win for the elder.
    If you lose to the elder, you got beat up by an old man.
    If you win, then all you did was beat up an old man.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    begs the question, why do you want to kick someone's azz in the first place?
    Did he threaten, touch, hurt you or a loved one, or someone weaker?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

You really shouldn't start fights.

why not? America does. America starts fights with many ancient cultures. America is great.

We may always throw someone old or young gently.