Thread: Just out of curiosity...

Just out of curiosity...

There was a blond (probably British or Aussie I'd have to guess) Hung Gar master who was fluent in Cantonese and had videos of himself interviewing Gordon Liu and other of him and his students going through heavy wooden bridge training obstacle courses and stuff, who's now disappeared completely. Now I don't train Hung Gar and am not interested in it, but the guy had such a huge personality that I was just curious as to what happened to him. Anyone know?

Do you mean Mark Houghton? I thought he had a Hung Gar school in Hong Kong's New Territories, along with Lau Ka-Yung.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    There was a blond (probably British or Aussie I'd have to guess) Hung Gar master who was fluent in Cantonese and had videos of himself interviewing Gordon Liu and other of him and his students going through heavy wooden bridge training obstacle courses and stuff, who's now disappeared completely. Now I don't train Hung Gar and am not interested in it, but the guy had such a huge personality that I was just curious as to what happened to him. Anyone know?
    yes, it's Mark Houghton

given his personality and flair for being a bit "gangsta", it's not all that surprising if he up and vanished, for whatever reason;

interesting guy, met him when Mike Parella (Lama Pai Sifu) brought him over to LI to do some seminars several years back; a real character...

Mark Houghton, same as these guys posted above.
    -Golden Arms-

Oh yeah, real colorful! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    yes, it's Mark Houghton

given his personality and flair for being a bit "gangsta", it's not all that surprising if he up and vanished, for whatever reason...
    I think "a bit 'gangsta'" is a big understatement, lol.

He posted some on these boards. Called my mother a ***** if I recall correctly.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Are you saying he got banned here?

You know, actually I don't need to know. I was curious as to why I couldn't find any of his youtube videos anymore. But I definately don't want to badmouth the man because he's the type of guy that talks the talk and walks the walk. I don't want him showing up in Chicago looking for ME tomorrow. lol I was just curious about the videos, and that's it.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Nice interview, though you its interesting how they play movie clips while the interview goes on rather than show the speakers' faces, lol. I like the ones telling of the problems he had with Jackie Chan on the set of Drunken Master II. His relationship with Lau Kar Leung makes him practically royalty.

He's a real master and has friends so many Chinese respect him. Why did he up and vanish? He's rich now, no time for babysitting foreigners. Now on its all LV bags, Mercedes benz and many ladies accompany him.

Greetings,

I remember those u tube clips. I liked what he had to say.

mickey