Hi, everyone.

to keep a long story short, my primary art is Ving Tsun. I was training with my sisook and he told me that our "baat fat/8 methods/8 energies" could all be transferred into our chong choi. I trained that for a while and starting doing my techniques with the intent of striking and when I showed my sisook I started with using my bong sao and his first response was "Good! This is our chaap choi. It's seen in styles like hung gar and choy lee fut, though they train it a lot more and thus have their way of using it very effectively"

And for that reason, I'm here in the search to understand more about this technique. I apologize if I'm simply talking like a fool, as that's possible since perhaps I need to train more instead of asking questions , but I figure some details from other perspectives could help.

So I'll simply post my questions and thoughts and hope that someone can give some of their feedback.

In a Ving Tsun bong sao to the center-line, the chaap choi version would strike to the center. Is this the same angle as other arts? While experimenting with the technique I can see how it seems to have a longer range and hit well when shooting out from the "shoulder line" instead of the main center line.

What exactly is the striking point for this technique? I've been training w/ my lower three knuckles striking in a fist. But I've searched this topic on this forum and most people seem to use some sort of leopard first.

Is this technique mainly based on twisting power? This may sound weird since I guess we can say that twisting is in every movement/strike, but with this movement, it seems that it would almost be near useless w/o the twisting

(Oh and for those who have trained Ving Tsun and want to start off by talking about how I'm completely wrong in relating these two movements/techniques, that's cool too, but please explain why if you can.)