Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaap Choi/Charp Choi

Blog Entries
    right on bro hahah.

speaking of stealing....this guy claims to have no lineage in gung fu but has a ton of kung fu videos including hung gar that he claims to teach. i agree with someone that said they believe he buys the videos then tries to teach them under some new wrapping.

can you smell the karate coming from him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbl-hbTcYSQ
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    right on bro hahah.

speaking of stealing....this guy claims to have no lineage in gung fu but has a ton of kung fu videos including hung gar that he claims to teach. i agree with someone that said they believe he buys the videos then tries to teach them under some new wrapping.

can you smell the karate coming from him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbl-hbTcYSQ
    Didn't you know that the lead leg hook kick to the head is a bread-n-butter move in REAL hung Gar ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The reality is that NO specialty fist "belongs" to any system.
    Sure some may be more associate with one than another, but for a system to h ave it, doesn't mean it took it from another.

Blog Entries
    Hahaha but could you smell what he's cookin?

Honestly, i'd rather see bad gung fu than watching kungarate.

NOT TALKING ABOUT SPECIALTY FISTS. talking about someone who never learned gung fu buying kung fu videos then attempting to teach them in the karate manner.

down with kungarate.

Hahaha but could you smell what he's cookin?

Honestly, i'd rather see bad gung fu than watching kungarate.

NOT TALKING ABOUT SPECIALTY FISTS. talking about someone who never learned gung fu buying kung fu videos then attempting to teach them in the karate manner.

down with kungarate.
    The topic is about chaap choi ie: leopard fist.

Blog Entries
    The topic is about chaap choi ie: leopard fist.
    my mexican neighbor always calls it Bok choy....

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    NO one in the southern sexion of the forum wants to know about ving chun. you have your own forum.
    stealing concepts from hung gar and choy li fut? weeeeeeak
    UM, I for one feel that our choy lee fut people shouldn't share our techniques with our mortal enemies.

if wang chun was so much better than CLF why take our techniques?
    listen you guys, one day the ming dynasty is going to make it's return and it will depend on all of us southern chinese martial artists to work together as a team! And remember, there's no "W-C, C-L-F, or H-G" in team!
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Blog Entries
    listen you guys, one day the ming dynasty is going to make it's return and it will depend on all of us southern chinese martial artists to work together as a team! And remember, there's no "w-c, c-l-f, or h-g" in team!
    symbolically the ming was rewarded when the qing was finally overthrown. :d

choy lee fut are manly men who fight for chinese jesus and killed over 1 million people in taiping rebellion. their rape of nanjing made japanese look like choir boys.

wing chun came from river boat prostitutes and was probably self defence created by male prostitutes.

thats like saying a mosquito is rival with an elephant.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-04-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    choy lee fut are manly men who fight for chinese jesus and killed over 1 million people in taiping rebellion. their rape of nanjing made japanese look like choir boys.

wing chun came from river boat prostitutes and was probably self defence created by male prostitutes.

thats like saying a mosquito is rival with an elephant.
    does the elephant know the mosquiter is sucking his arse?

no. he clench his anus and CUSH HIMS

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    no. he clench his anus and CUSH HIMS
    i hope that elephant contracts aids from the mosquito
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

I will say this much:

Using chaap cheui in Ving Tsun is a waste of time unless you train waist torque and side power.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Blog Entries
    I will say this much:

Using chaap cheui in Ving Tsun is a waste of time unless you train waist torque and side power.
    personally i don't have a desire for wing chun to try and adopt choy lee fut techniques to add to their arsenal. and if WC does have a chop choy it isn't like that of CLF.

In a Ving Tsun bong sao to the center-line, the chaap choi version would strike to the center. Is this the same angle as other arts? While experimenting with the technique I can see how it seems to have a longer range and hit well when shooting out from the "shoulder line" instead of the main center line.

What exactly is the striking point for this technique? I've been training w/ my lower three knuckles striking in a fist. But I've searched this topic on this forum and most people seem to use some sort of leopard first.

Is this technique mainly based on twisting power? This may sound weird since I guess we can say that twisting is in every movement/strike, but with this movement, it seems that it would almost be near useless w/o the twisting
    the striking surface of a chop choy? so i take it that you think chop choy is something that is strictly a panther fist? choy lee fut doesn't use the same surface of wing chun strikes. we use the opposite surface. and a chop choy can be used many different ways. and because of people like the shaolin do fraud JAKE MACE (Jacob Rydberg) i'm not openly sharing things like that.

to answer the twisting issue....CLF chop choy has a twisting corkscrew chop choy but its not the only one either.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 08-09-2012 at 05:35 PM.

personally i don't have a desire for wing chun to try and adopt choy lee fut techniques to add to their arsenal. and if WC does have a chop choy it isn't like that of CLF.

the striking surface of a chop choy? so i take it that you think chop choy is something that is strictly a panther fist? choy lee fut doesn't use the same surface of wing chun strikes. we use the opposite surface. and a chop choy can be used many different ways. and because of people like the shaolin do fraud JAKE MACE (Jacob Rydberg) i'm not openly sharing things like that.

to answer the twisting issue....CLF chop choy has a twisting corkscrew chop choy but its not the only one either.
    I guess that is your prerogative as far as tsap choy goes (you should make more vids on the ten characters in a sparring format, I think those are interesting). The question I think should be asked is could you adapt a tsap choy for wing chun that works for wing chun framework? If not then what is the point? Especially since (as far as I know, but I don't practice either CLF or WC) CLF seems to emphasize whipping power while WC does not?

Oh and I understand your frustration about Jake, but sir you're just beating a dead horse. It's best if you just show how it's supposed to be done and ignore what you think is baloney.
    It's as simple as that, you can lead a horse to water but you can't put five wheels on it if it won't let you. (yeah I'm corny like that)
    Last edited by Tao Of The Fist; 08-09-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Additional stuff
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee