Thread: Greetings from Portland, Oregon

Greetings from Portland, Oregon

Hello...I didn't see an "introductions" forum so I figured I'd drop a line here.

I live in Portland, Oregon and have a background in San Soo (from Bill Hulsey in Bellflower, CA) and Kenpo (Dave Hebler, others). I really enjoy both arts. I've had a little exposure (not enough to call myself a student) to Wing Chun and Jow Ga.

I've always wanted to study a very traditional form of kung fu. The Chinese martial arts scene in Portland is not exactly hopping - we have a lot of TKD, McDojos, Ninjas, and some other Korean arts here.

BTW, I have a hard time finding KF Magazine. I remember it well. I'm in my 40s and am old enough to remember the 1970s kung fu boom, before the 80s Ninja crowd became the rage.

Welcome.

You must introduce yourself to Gregory Fong if you want to see the traditional.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Hey there monk64. If you want to find a style just ask, with the forums large size I'm sure someone has some references.

Traditional Chinese Martial Arts in Portland, Oregon

Sifu John Koo teaches Bamboo Forest Temple Praying Mantis (from the Wong Yuk Kong and Lee Wing Sing lineages) and internal martial arts (Yang, Chen, and Sun styles of Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing I Chuan, I Chuan, and Baguazhang).

http://www.chinesefistology.com/

Shifu Koo trained with very good Jooklumgee Tong Long Pai.

His hand is high.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.