Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Those with Power - TRY

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Why not raise above shoulders? what's your point?
    When you are doing this type of movement:

http://www.junglefitnessoc.com/wp-co...eral-raise.gif

Don't go above horizontal if your palms are facing downward.

I know that's not exactly what you were doing, but it looked close.

TBH I forgot the reason why you're not supposed to go above horizontal but I think it has something to do with shoulder structure and something being pinched or something. Maybe someone else knows.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

It's because you jam the humeral against the acromion of the scapula putting stress on the acromioclavicular joint. Turning your palms outward or upwards causes the humeral head roll and slide backwards clearing the the AC joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    It's because you jam the humeral against the acromion of the scapula putting stress on the acromioclavicular joint. Turning your palms outward or upwards causes the humeral head roll and slide backwards clearing the the AC joint.

Thank you
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

http://youtu.be/j_QLT5TH2hY
    ---rings, but not that type, haha

TGY -- uh.........right.

Bawang -- haha, your S missed my whip don't you! I got some chopsticks around, is that going to satisfy you enough this time?
    you seem to be obsessed with whipping everyone's "S" since your latest spamming tirade; it must be slow this time of year in the Taoverse (what with all the Deities being off for summer vacation), or maybe ur boy/girl friend hasn't been as attentive to ur own proctological needs lately? I suggest you get her this:
    http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-73.html

or if u'r feeling really adventurous, this:
    http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-77.html

like that, at least you are supporting the website...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    you seem to be obsessed with whipping everyone's "S" since your latest spamming tirade; it must be slow this time of year in the Taoverse (what with all the Deities being off for summer vacation), or maybe ur boy/girl friend hasn't been as attentive to ur own proctological needs lately? I suggest you get her this:
    http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-73.html

or if u'r feeling really adventurous, this:
    http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-77.html

like that, at least you are supporting the website...
    I like your second one, I sort of thought about it at first too because I saw that product a few months back. Just waiting to see if anyone really got one and have a review on it? looks great!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

So far the only thing I have to add here is, the Taoverse Deity has instructed me to inform you that you are not using enough of the color YELLOW in your demonstration videos.

REMEMBER.......... there is no such thing as too much YELLOW!!!

I like your second one, I sort of thought about it at first too because I saw that product a few months back. Just waiting to see if anyone really got one and have a review on it? looks great!
    I have the bian. I recommend it....... I would give it 5 out of 5 stars if it came in YELLOW, but it doesn't, so I'll have to give it 7 out of 5 stars instead!!!

Thanks but I hope there is a person with a video or photo review of the product, I might consider it later on as well. The texture is very smooth, what about the grip? I am thinking that is the only worry there with bad grip. AND I HATE WRAPS!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Thanks but I hope there is a person with a video or photo review of the product, I might consider it later on as well. The texture is very smooth, what about the grip? I am thinking that is the only worry there with bad grip. AND I HATE WRAPS!
    Yeah the chrome makes it slippery, not good if you are slinging it around without some athletic tape wrapped around it.

I use YELLOW athletic tape myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Yeah the chrome makes it slippery, not good if you are slinging it around without some athletic tape wrapped around it.

I use YELLOW athletic tape myself!
    ah.. that's another reason why I did not get it. Preferred it to be wood instead.. STILL YELLOW THOUGH! man..

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Thank you
    You're welcome, I'm studying the hell outta the subject right now for finals, so it's fresh in me brain.

Those who think they are strong - such as bawang, try this. It's fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLoCMqVM5AE

Yep, 15lb in each hand, feel free to try. (beware not to forec yourself because it can really injure you badly if you just force it to happen. Please, I am serious here, don't just F around, this is seriously dangerous.)
    Once finals are over, I will give some qigong with DBs a try, honestly I lift a lot of weight so this should make an interesting test of my strength.

ah.. that's another reason why I did not get it. Preferred it to be wood instead.. STILL YELLOW THOUGH! man..
    I like the metal because I want the weight! I wouldn't mind a heavier one actually. If I could get one that was YELLOW and heavier that would be even better!

hey dont listen to them man, you should raise your arms all the way every time!!!

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    Once finals are over, I will give some qigong with DBs a try, honestly I lift a lot of weight so this should make an interesting test of my strength.
    Let me know how you like my set then.

Honestly I thank the above for the info on the arm stuff but seriously I don't even find it a problem for me because I had gone through other training to prep myself for it and it does indeed build up the tendon's strength instead and so I ain't just an ordinary person who try to do it and pretend to be hulk.

Many movements in kungfu can be not logical too if you use these medical stuff to explain it, but kungfu guys had trained hard for the moves and it transformed their body (prep them) to do the moves. So I guess unless you got the stuff in you to do the moves, you better not imitate, and that's why I said don't do it yourself if you feel not right - it's dangerous as it can cause injury. period.

Thanks again for the above info.