Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Longevity

This conversation is going south...

...waiting on Bawang, King of the anoos, to chime in...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    your bum will be raw and your guts will be empty.
    So, like a typical thursday night at Bawang's house?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

l
    your bum will be raw and your guts will be empty. Guaranteed.
    Good times, Good times !
    Should be an Olympic event, IMO.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It is an Olympic event

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Good times, Good times !
    Should be an Olympic event, IMO.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

lol nice find there
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The idea of "detoxify" through fasting or juicing or whatever is hogwash. If you stop putting crap into yourself, your self will clean itself up naturally whether you fast or not. What's important is to not eat all that sh1t and drink all that pop etc etc.

detoxifying is a sales pitch for people looking for a quick fix solution to their years of bad habits instead of actually doing something real, significant and lasting about their poor habits around their personal health.

Anyway, if you look at the evidence, there is NONE for detox remedies etc etc. Besides antidotes for obvious poisons.
    Yeah I hear ya. Detox was a poor choice of words on my part. I wasn't referring to the quick clense. I was "tryin"(poorly) to describe more of a clean sweep for starting a new program. It can really make a transition easier on all 3 levels. There is no perfect base and sometimes you need to "wind back the clock", so to speak, in order to learn something new.

But I have to disagree in one way. If you treat your body like ****, anything healthy is better than nothing healthy. If you don't live like a monk then you will come in contact with nastiness on a regular basis whether yuou see it/feel it/ know it at all. You live in the city right? Please, you cannot be clean in the way you describe and live in an urban environment. The simple truth is that you do NOT have complete control over what you take into your body. Food is a huge part, bnut there are other factors as well. Do you really believe that a god like diet would be a cure all for urban toxification? Come on now, I know you know that isn't so.

Reminds me of the guy who complains to a smoker on the side of a highway. Standing near a busy road is far more damaging than simply smelling a stinky ciggarette. In fact I have no issue with people smoking outside in a somewhat removed manner. I will never complain about that. It's being trapped indoors with second hand smoke that is the issue and anyone who takes it further than that is just being a d1ck. Reminds me of the southpark episode on smoking, hillarious and so so true. lol

Anywhoo, sorry I wasn't more clear. Using the word detox was lazy on my part.
    Last edited by Syn7; 08-09-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I fast as a spiritual discipline, as well as a cleansing process. It works fine for me.

I feel much better after a fast. And what it does to my head space is fascinating. My senses become very acute. My level of sensitivity increases tenfold. As a writer, these are critical skills as if I can't observe it, I can't really write about it.
    And in that respect, the science doesn't even matter unless you are looking to further maximize that experience. If it works for you and you're good with that then there isn't much more that really needs to be said.

chinese onion cleans your ass right out. you dont need to pump up your ass with weird ass cleaning water.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    A few years ago I took my dad to do a colonsoscopy and he had to do one of those cleansings so that they could look inside and see everything.
    I was there and I asked the technician about those herbal cleansings and the view that it detoxs and removes "undigested waste" and all that.
    He showed me some scans of the stomach and intestines after they do the standard cleansing done before a colonoscopy and even I could see how clear and clean they were.
    He said that the whole "undigested meat" and stuff crap is just that crap.
    You will always have some food in the intestinal tract because you are always eating, LOL !

Of course some people have horrific diets and terribly irregular bowel movements, that that is THEIR fault.
    And something easily remedied with water intake and more fruits and veggies (perferably raw).
    yeah that procedure is a bit different than what we're talking about tho. I doubt they recomendyou do that weekly or anything like that. They just needed to wash the windows to have a looksee inside. Like you say, we're always eating....