Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: need advice about squats

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    do you like cottage cheese?
    is that a trick question

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

why should he be at least 200 lbs?
    Because full-grown adult males shouldn't be under 200
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    What about peanut butter? The idea that someone is a "hard gainer" is a myth. There are no hard gainers, just undisciplined eaters. If you eat more calories than you are burning, you WILL gain weight.
    aight man i got it. im on the govmint cheese so i got money to blow on food.

is 200 pound squat at 130 pounds good progress though? i tried really hard, man, i tried.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    is that a trick question
    lol no cottage cheese doesnt have a ton of callories but 1 cup of cottage cheese contains about 28 g of protein, which is approximately equivalent to a 3.5 oz. chicken breast. and we know how much u like the chicken
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Because full-grown adult males shouldn't be under 200
    lol touche
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

lol no cottage cheese doesnt have a ton of callories but 1 cup of cottage cheese contains about 28 g of protein, which is approximately equivalent to a 3.5 oz. chicken breast. and we know how much u like the chicken
    yeah but i think jamessc point is i need to eat more starch and fat. cuz protein doesnt make u fat.

This is fine, but this is more of a bodybuilding style diet.

I love chicken, and I love cottage cheese, but if i'm trying to raise my weight i'm going to eat a lot more red meat and high calorie foods to do it.

Also, Bawang, a 2xbodyweight squat isn't too bad. But, ask yourself how many truly STRONG guys you've seen that weigh anything under 200 pounds.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Of course i'm talking about from a weightlifting perspective.

Martial artists tend to try and stay lean for weight classes and mobility reasons. Hopefully Frost can chime in on this one.

Also, Bawang, a 2xbodyweight squat isn't too bad. But, ask yourself how many truly STRONG guys you've seen that weigh anything under 200 pounds.
    *bows head in shame
    Of course i'm talking about from a weightlifting perspective.

Martial artists tend to try and stay lean for weight classes and mobility reasons. Hopefully Frost can chime in on this one.
    well, my goal was 180 pounds because i wanted to be able to lift up an average man. now that ive done a tiny bit beginner lifting, i hear cung le in an interview say he does 300 pounds, so now i wanna lift higher.

definately but you can eat 1 or 2 cups of cottage cheese within two hours of weight training. 1 cup of cottage cheese will also give you a high amount of calcium, potassium and Vitamin A, which are also essential building blocks to a healthier, more muscular body. you can actually just combine it all together and eat it after you work out. fruit and cottage cheese together kicks ass

IM JUST SAYIN

This is fine, but this is more of a bodybuilding style diet.

I love chicken, and I love cottage cheese, but if i'm trying to raise my weight i'm going to eat a lot more red meat and high calorie foods to do it.

what do you eat post work out usually?

what do you eat post work out usually?
    It depends. If i'm going to work afterwards i'll have a bottle of chocolate milk, a protein shake, and oatmeal.

If I get to go home after, i'll have 6 pieces of bacon, 6 fried eggs, a glass of whole milk, and 2 pieces of toast.

godam, thats my entire days food.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    *bows head in shame

well, my goal was 180 pounds because i wanted to be able to lift up an average man. now that ive done a tiny bit beginner lifting, i hear cung le in an interview say he does 300 pounds, so now i wanna lift higher.
    He weighs 185 at 5'10. That's 55lbs more than you. It may not seem like it, but that 55lbs makes a HUGE difference when trying to get stronger.

how much can u squat man?