Thread: xing yi fighting

xing yi fighting

a guy named feng mei posted these on the xing yi quan facebook forum. what do u guys think of the clips?

http://www.56.com/u52/v_NDM1MzA3Mzc.html

xing yi quan vs kick boxer

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQ4NzcyMTQ0.html
    Last edited by shaolin_allan; 08-08-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaolin_allan View Post
    a guy named feng mei posted this on the xing yi quan facebook forum. what do u guys think of this clip?
    You forgot to add the link.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

thanks Lucas sorry lol.

First clip is somewhere between pathetically weak and awful

Second clip looks like 2 bad kickboxers

Video 1: Remarkable power, but he didn't know how to use his legs.

Video 2. Well done.

Blog Entries
    In the 1st clip, the guy has too much "style boundary". I didn't finish the whole clip. I didn't see any hook punch used by that XingYi guy in the first 1/2 of that clip. The hook punch may not be emphasized in the XingYi system. But it may be the most natural striking that may come from the human body.

A XingYi guy doesn''t use hook punch is like a boxer doesn't use hammer fist or back fist. Both are "unnatural" to me.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.

yes i agree with the hook punch not being used. but do any of you guys agree the one thing xing yi quan students learn is punching power similar or equal to boxers? I think its interesting how their training is so dif yet they still pack strong knock out power. Any thoughts on this?

One other thing to add I know its just sparring, but in xing yi isnt the goal after the first strike to keep pushing forward at your opponent?
    Last edited by shaolin_allan; 08-08-2012 at 10:09 PM.

a guy named feng mei posted these on the xing yi quan facebook forum. what do u guys think of the clips?

http://www.56.com/u52/v_NDM1MzA3Mzc.html
    Just a couple of intermediate level students playing around. Nothing worth critiquing.

It's an amateur fight. Again, nothing worth critiquing.

Neither videos are a good show of the practitioners art form.

push forward through opponent during strike. The power is simmilar strengthwise to knockout power trained by boxers but different. Whole body hits, 7 stars can simultaneously attack, so the "strike" attacks opponents foot, knee, waist (groin area), torso, neck/head at same time. Metal for instance, is a full body strike using every surface of the body to apply power to tear through an opponent (kill), not knock him out. A knockout is holding back or a mistake.

In regards to training Hsing Yi through sparring, you can easily develope many bad habbits if you don't possess a comprehensive knowledge of the system, or have the guidance and coaching of a legitimate teacher because you do have to slightly alter the execution of the technique for safety. This can be done. But Hsing Yi fighting is based on the sensitivity of touch, so bouncing around with 10oz gloves on boxing and point sparring is counter-productive (this is not a reference to the videos at the begining of this thread). That being said, because Hsing Yi provides its practioners with undeniably sound structure, when boxing\sparring, you do seem to have the structural power/alignment of hsing yi behind your punches and yes even hooks. Thats because, due to long-term practice, the body tends to pull itself back into the hsing yi form (8 fundamentals, 6 harmonies, 9 essenses) even in mid strike