Thread: "108 Drunken Monkey system" of GM Chee Kim Thong?

"108 Drunken Monkey system" of GM Chee Kim Thong?

Has anyone ever encountered this system? It's a branch of monkey I've never heard of before; but my only info is from this page http://www.kixxmartialarts.co.uk/ins...r-han-jin-yuan
    Any further info would be greatly appreciated. Have tried contacting GM Han, but had no reply.

Thanks in advance,
    E

"Over the next three decades, Shizu Xu continued to teach him Wuzuquan and in addition taught him Wuqi, Wuxing Palm, Luohan Ru Yi Quan, the 18 Luohans, a Northern System, and the 108 Drunken Monkey system, consisting of eight characters, of which he completed four."

ah it states right on the link that its the 5 Ancestors Style (wuzuquan/ng jo keun)

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    ah it states right on the link that its the 5 Ancestors Style (wuzuquan/ng jo keun)

The article doesn't state that its 5 Ancestors and its not ... its within GM Chee lineage along with Wu Ji Quan and few others ....

Its a monkey system done in drunken fashion from what I recall seen on a video.

hi,

I'm am a student of the late Grand Master Chee Kim Thong lineage; I'm most familiar and profficient with 5 Ancestors and WuXing Palm. BTW Wuxing Palm is also known as WuMei or Ng Mui (in Cantonese), from the legendary ShaoLin nun that is supposedly the 'grand ancestor' of White Crane and Wing Chun. Please note that I'm using GM Chee's more commonly used spelling, whereas the article mentioned uses the HanYu PinYin (Mandarin) pronounciation/spelling.

GM Chee Kim Thong learnt from as many as 6 or 7 other masters, hence there's where the other styles are from. I do not think that that '108 Drunken Monkey System' is part of Five Ancestors. It could be a seperate system, probably from GM Chee's grandmother, who from what I understand, is very profficient in Monkey Style.

I have seen the forms, but did not learn them.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by boh View Post
    hi,

I'm am a student of the late Grand Master Chee Kim Thong lineage; I'm most familiar and profficient with 5 Ancestors and WuXing Palm. BTW Wuxing Palm is also known as WuMei or Ng Mui (in Cantonese), from the legendary ShaoLin nun that is supposedly the 'grand ancestor' of White Crane and Wing Chun. Please note that I'm using GM Chee's more commonly used spelling, whereas the article mentioned uses the HanYu PinYin (Mandarin) pronounciation/spelling.

GM Chee Kim Thong learnt from as many as 6 or 7 other masters, hence there's where the other styles are from. I do not think that that '108 Drunken Monkey System' is part of Five Ancestors. It could be a seperate system, probably from GM Chee's grandmother, who from what I understand, is very profficient in Monkey Style.

I have seen the forms, but did not learn them.

Hope that helps.
    Which monkey system is she proficient in, and who are some of the big names in that system?