Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Demonstrations

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Could you please clarify,
    are you and jpinaz represent HFY or yourself?
    WTF?? why would you drag me or HFY into this? Neither has anything to do with this thread or what desertwingchun said. I think you either hit your head bouncing off a big rubber ball during a 'demo', or you came off your meds and slipped out of your straight jacket long enough to get on the hospitals computer again...
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 08-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    WTF?? why would you drag me or HFY into this? Neither has anything to do with this thread or what desertwingchun said. I think you either hit your head bouncing off a big rubber ball during a 'demo', or you came off your meds and slipped out of your straight jacket long enough to get on the hospitals computer again...

Great!

So, let see your WCK demo video. Since you are not represent HFY.

Great!

What the he11 is wrong with you? You're really off your rocker aren't you. why are you dragging me into this thread, I didn't even comment here! Now you're just trolling and I hope we can get some moderation here.

If you are that interested in seeing me demo HFY, we can arrange that. I will be out there next month, when would your crazy a$$ like to meet?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Great!

Lets see yours.
    All we've seen so far is some very average material presented as "the real 1850 skilz", the ball hitting think was a joke if thats your level of explanation in regards to the different styles of striking.

If thats your standard of WC its no wonder you dont want to meet anyone that you annoy..... at least you have some sense of self preservation!

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    I think the Yum Yeung WC guys did a pretty decent job. It was a demo, it was rehearsed, it was theatrics! And within it there are some good stuff. It was not real, nor was it a workshop on fighting. It was designed to be demonstrated to the general public so it should be light hearted and entertaining, which it was.

If one wants to watch realistic, go to a pub or see a sport fighting match. We all enjoy our KF movies and most are staged anyway.
    Agree, folks seem to forget that demo's are demo's they aren't aimed at the Wing Chun practitioner or intended to be real they are for other martial artists and members of the public. We did a number of demos at the same MMA show as Spencer's original clip. We didn't rehearse anything over and above agreeing the general outline (we were still debating what we'd do as we walked onto the stage lol) and tried to show the practical ugly side of the art. Most people there were highly complimentary and loved the demos but we still got some folks moaning that it wasn't realistic. Short of lost teeth, broken bones and pints of blood some folks will never be happy but what they forget is you need people to volunteer to get on the stage with you and often the demo is repeated multiple times over the course of a day or weekend, after which everyone involved has to go back to work the next day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3OWk-HBbbo&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1tEFNgYoOs&feature=plcp
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Interesting that you learnt from Jeremy Yau. Lau Gar?? Or just Chinese Kick Boxing student?? There is a bigger shroud of secrecy behind this man than my own Sigung!

Tell me, how do you train a single set from CLF or Bakmei for combat? What have you been shown? More to the point, have you done any recent demos yourself?

I have seen some excellent practitioners, and some really bad ones, so it would be good to get an angle of where you are coming from.

Im sorry but there is no comparison between your sigung and Yau…the politics intrigue and secrecy around Yau is 10 times that around any other teacher or master in the UK lol

I learned Lau gar from him, directly not through any of his students so sort of avoided all the bull lol. And for all the c%ap around the man he could fight and knew his stuff, and was accepted within the hakka community in Birmingham and elsewhere as one of their own.

Umm not sure about your point with regards to raining the sets for fighting? You learn the techniques, break the form down apply the techniques against different attacks and then spar. sets to me aren’t that important, the principles behind them are. CLF is easy to fight with for me, hooks uppercuts, overhands etc, whats not to like or be able to use there lol
    BAk mei and dragon are different animals to CLF in terms of application in combat but that’s another thread lol Stes to me teach various principles, methods of power generation and combinations those before us used, if you can get those principles down and the methods of power generation down, the rest is easy.

My apologies in the way I came across, the label sparing made me think I would be seeing guys hitting and trying to hit each other with force not demoing what you did show.
    For me TCMA is about the fighting skills (yes I enjoy weapons work and conditioning) but the cultural trappings aren’t that interesting to me personally. Both my main teachers had as their main priority hitting the other guy as hard as possible regardless of how it looked stylistically.
    My current sifus first teacher was a Vietnamese wing chun and hung guy who escaped after the war over there…needless to say his priority was being able to fight and had my sifu fighting other styles full contact within weeks of starting.
    My sifus current teacher came from mainland china and his family were responsible for protecting their village from bandits (a real threat even in the early part of the last century) needless to say he to was driven by practical skills.

I don’t do demos anymore, I train for my own selfish reasons, like I said you seemed to be having fun and that’s the main thing, because for all my talk of it being about fighting skills for me, it also about fun!

What the he11 is wrong with you? You're really off your rocker aren't you. why are you dragging me into this thread, I didn't even comment here! Now you're just trolling and I hope we can get some moderation here.

If you are that interested in seeing me demo HFY, we can arrange that. I will be out there next month, when would your crazy a$$ like to meet?
    Show your wck demo in YouTube . what are you shy of?

I can meet Garret Gee direct if I am interest in HFY , no need to get a middle man . Thanks.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-15-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Lets see yours.
    All we've seen so far is some very average material presented as "the real 1850 skilz", the ball hitting think was a joke if thats your level of explanation in regards to the different styles of striking.

If thats your standard of WC its no wonder you dont want to meet anyone that you annoy..... at least you have some sense of self preservation!
    When will you show yours WCK in YouTube? Talk is cheap. Go a head show your YouTube.

Show us a force line type power generation in youtube. Can you even do it? Hahaha.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-15-2012 at 07:13 AM.

From this
    So, let see your WCK demo video
    to this
    Show your wck demo in YouTube . what are you shy of?

I can meet Garret Gee direct if I am interest in HFY , no need to get a middle man . Thanks.
    I still don't even understand why your crazy a$$ brought my name into this thread, but since you asked for my demo 2 times now, I'm more than happy to come give you one. No need to make you a video when in-person is so much more valuable. wouldn't you agree? No more learning from videos for you - you either want your demo or not..

But your lame attempt of dragging me into this thread just to beg for a video from me so you can steal more WC is pathetic. You want a demo, let's meet. That's what real MA's (AKA 'men') do, they meet, they share, the exchange, they learn, etc. You keep asking, I keep offering, but then you hide behind your keyboard like a scared shy little girl.
    Or maybe you're just afraid to actuall see/experience anything in person because then your BS mumbo-jumbo krap balloon punching made up WC would be exposed like after chi sim grandmaster dumped you on your butt.

No challenge here either. Since you want to see what I do so badly that you'll drag me into a thread I am not even commenting on, I'll be more than happy to show you in person. Unless you're up for that, stop the pathetic trolling and begging, it's embarrasing
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 08-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.

It was a demo for the general public I'll presume, and a nice one. What's all the fuss about?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    It was a demo for the general public I'll presume, and a nice one. What's all the fuss about?
    -------------------------------------------------

the usual.......

Geez no idea. A couple people posted up some public event demos with choreography and music. Some people liked them, others didn't. I thought they were cool, and have done similar types of things long ago to participate in local communities and promote martial arts schools.

Then Hendrik seemed to want to pick a fight with a couple of HFY guys who weren't on the thread. Except for that instead of like a real fight where you meet and spar and punch one another or do gong sau and post that on YouTube this type of fight is a "post up your demo on YouTube" fight, complete with trash talk. I guess that's some kind of new wing chun competition.

I haven't ever seen anything like that, except for like when Mayhem Miller and Rampage Jackson had a dance-off contest on YouTube. But then Rampage wrapped his car around a tree, and Mayhem was arrested for breaking into a church, spraying two floors with a fire extinguisher, and ending up naked on a couch on the second floor.

So we are left without role models for this type of competition and with a big empty feeling.

From this

to this

I still don't even understand why your crazy a$$ brought my name into this thread, but since you asked for my demo 2 times now, I'm more than happy to come give you one. No need to make you a video when in-person is so much more valuable. wouldn't you agree? No more learning from videos for you - you either want your demo or not..

But your lame attempt of dragging me into this thread just to beg for a video from me so you can steal more WC is pathetic. You want a demo, let's meet. That's what real MA's (AKA 'men') do, they meet, they share, the exchange, they learn, etc. You keep asking, I keep offering, but then you hide behind your keyboard like a scared shy little girl.
    Or maybe you're just afraid to actuall see/experience anything in person because then your BS mumbo-jumbo krap balloon punching made up WC would be exposed like after chi sim grandmaster dumped you on your butt.

No challenge here either. Since you want to see what I do so badly that you'll drag me into a thread I am not even commenting on, I'll be more than happy to show you in person. Unless you're up for that, stop the pathetic trolling and begging, it's embarrasing

You post your WCK demo in YouTube or not is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post

Then Hendrik seemed to want to pick a fight with a couple of HFY guys who weren't on the thread.

Except for that instead of like a real fight where you meet and spar and punch one another or do gong sau and post that on YouTube this type of fight is a "post up your demo on YouTube" fight, complete with trash talk. I guess that's some kind of new wing chun competition.

Asking people in this forum to post their WCK demo on YouTube and share is a common thing. It is up for the person to share or not.

C'mon Phil. I've seen your stuff on YouTube and even though I don't like a lot of Cheung's wing chun you've got a pretty good thing going and I respect you.

I know it was a demo for the general public but utting aside stylistic differences and whether I think demos should be quite so theatrical, taking a look at that video from a standpoint of demonstrating a martial art I saw very little in there which would be combat effective. I don't even know what the silly hand waving bit was supposed to be (it couldn't be chi sao), and terming anything in there as sparring is just wrong.

If you want to demo a martial art, show some forms, okay, show some drills, okay, but show something which is at least semi realistic in there somewhere.