Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Demonstrations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Speak of fair, one time you promise me a clip if I show you one.
    But after I show you , you change your word and didn't share anything.
    You don't even honor your words. So, the word fair doesn't fit you.

Again, I share my WCK clips in this WCK section.
    Which clip are you talking about? Show me the post that I promised you a clip.

Speak of fair, one time you promise me a clip if I show you one.
    But after I show you , you change your word and didn't share anything.
    You don't even honor your words. So, the word fair doesn't fit you.

Again, I share my WCK clips in this WCK section.
    out of interest are their any clips of you applying your wing chun and not just talking to the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I know it was a demo for the general public but utting aside stylistic differences and whether I think demos should be quite so theatrical, taking a look at that video from a standpoint of demonstrating a martial art I saw very little in there which would be combat effective. I don't even know what the silly hand waving bit was supposed to be (it couldn't be chi sao), and terming anything in there as sparring is just wrong.
    Firstly, the demo was degigned to be 'theatrical'. As I have previously explained I was first taught as a performer by my Sifu and it is that heritage that I promote with my kung fu brothers. Deal with it. Wing Chun has it's roots in many places, one being the Red Junks and opera Companies and I feel that we are one of the few lineages around today to still operate in this manner. I am very proud of that fact too regardless of how 'unrealistic' or impractical' people find us.

Secondly, EVERYTHING we demonstrated on stage was a DRILL. Sparring itself is a drill, it isn't a full our take your head off drill either. We had 3 slots of 10mins and had to take it relatively easy because nobod wants to get injured at a public display like this and let the Troupe down.

I hope this helps you understand our clips, but looking at your negativity I don't think it will.

'Handwaving' is for people who do not understand what interactive training is and seeing as you can't identify what we were doing says it all to me.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I don’t do demos anymore, I train for my own selfish reasons, like I said you seemed to be having fun and that’s the main thing, because for all my talk of it being about fighting skills for me, it also about fun!
    Thanks for coming back to me, it is refreshing and good for us to share our backgrounds as it all helps us understand eachother better. you sound very much like some of my Sihings lol!! As we performed so much back in the day we all became numb and tired of the crazy schedules!

You hit the nail on the head with your 'reasoning' about having fun and promoting Martial Arts, as this was and will be our main purpose.

For all its worth, here is one of the final unedited takes of the ACTUAL demonstration at The Martial Arts Show

http://youtu.be/tx0ID9XEZ6E
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Which clip are you talking about? Show me the post that I promised you a clip.
    It is about short power. You can find it in archive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    out of interest are their any clips of you applying your wing chun and not just talking to the camera?
    Have you seen the different power type clips?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Firstly, the demo was degigned to be 'theatrical'. As I have previously explained I was first taught as a performer by my Sifu and it is that heritage that I promote with my kung fu brothers. Deal with it. Wing Chun has it's roots in many places, one being the Red Junks and opera Companies and I feel that we are one of the few lineages around today to still operate in this manner. I am very proud of that fact too regardless of how 'unrealistic' or impractical' people find us.

Secondly, EVERYTHING we demonstrated on stage was a DRILL. Sparring itself is a drill, it isn't a full our take your head off drill either. We had 3 slots of 10mins and had to take it relatively easy because nobod wants to get injured at a public display like this and let the Troupe down.

I hope this helps you understand our clips, but looking at your negativity I don't think it will.

'Handwaving' is for people who do not understand what interactive training is and seeing as you can't identify what we were doing says it all to me.

I think different people has a right to express thier WCK their way.

So, instead of make all kind of citics according to oneself. Share one s demo video on what one think. It is alway to easy to say " this is to short, that is too tall, too thin to fat...."

Why playing God and attack others , show your idea. Keep saying this is not that is not doesn't tell the other what is.

If one want to do constructive critics then go for the technical details, not personal attack.

Certainly this is true.

What I find devaluing to anyone who practises Wing Chun is the constant bombardment of insults and criticisms about little film clips that I truly only shared to give a brief example of how one small troupe practises and demonstrates their art. This isn't my own expression of the art either, it is a unified expression if anything because the whole Troupe had their input at different stages of rehearsal. In my kung fu bros words "we put together an organic production!"

Another slightly irritating thing for me is when people derail threads with their own silly arguments, which unfortunately Hendrik you and others have almost managed to acheive here!

What I hoped to gain from starting this thread was to see some recent demonstrations from others, and there is only one excellent example by WingchunIan which was filmed at the same event, and Joy posted a crazy looking video clip from the 70s (I haven't got round to viewing in it's entirety yet) which I am sure is of supeb quality too. My big thanks to you guys for sharing.

So, rather than squabbling over who has what clips out on Youtube and having you call everyone out about their own clips, I will be more precise in my question:

Has anybody who posts on this forum demonstrated their art publically this year? And if you have, was it filmed and can you share it please?

Wouldn't it be so cool to openly share with others? Or am I living in a dream world?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Has anybody who posts on this forum demonstrated their art publically this year? And if you have, was it filmed and can you share it please?
    Here's a recent Hung Fa Yi demo / promotional video done by Marcelo Capano, a Brazilian HFY instructor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwyLzKHwWV4

It's not exactly in the category you're asking about, but close enough...

If one want to do constructive critics then go for the technical details, not personal attack.
    My expectation for you is that you lead by example on this. You can do better at this than you have on this thread...

Since when?? You criticize anyone who doesn't go along with your silly theories.

So, instead of make all kind of citics according to oneself. Share one s demo video on what one think. It is alway to easy to say " this is to short, that is too tall, too thin to fat...."
    Or to say, look at the statue that proves WC is from Ermei Zhang Crane body Snake Engine 1850.

Why playing God and attack others , show your idea. Keep saying this is not that is not doesn't tell the other what is.
    Karma Handjob Karma

Go technically hit another yoga ball. Then put up a vid of you actually doing something. Or hows this meet one of the guys here and make a vid of them technically smashing your force vector frame which failed to transform you into 1850 YK.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Quote Originally Posted by desertwingchun2 View Post
    Go technically hit another yoga ball. Then put up a vid of you actually doing something. Or hows this meet one of the guys here and make a vid of them technically smashing your force vector frame which failed to transform you into 1850 YK.
    Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any dumber, you go and say something like that...

..and totally redeem this thread!!

hahahaha, too funny.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Here's a recent Hung Fa Yi demo / promotional video done by Marcelo Capano, a Brazilian HFY instructor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwyLzKHwWV4

It's not exactly in the category you're asking about, but close enough...
    You're not wrong! But a Showreel is better than nothing

Nice to see one of the elder HFY guys too so thanks for sharing, it's far better than all the d!ck swinging at Hendrik

People! Just post clips of your demonstrations and feel free to explain what is going on too, just as I have tried to...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Blog Entries
    This is what Hendrik said.

I don't believe in clip. And no need to show anything .
    This is what Hendrik did:

When will you show yours WCK in YouTube? Talk is cheap. Go a head show your YouTube.

Blog Entries
    This is what Hendrik said:

Why playing God and attack others....
    This is what herdrik did:

You are totally nuts. ...