Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Weight training for TCMA

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    why dont the army accept steroids? dont they want badass supersoldiers?
    They do accept them. The testing policy is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    nice

america should get a tier 1 team of ronnie colemans. they would kick ass.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Because you live two blocks away.

I love when out of shape people blast in shape people, accusing them of using steroids, because of their jealousy. Bitter, fatass jealousy...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post

I love when out of shape people blast in shape people, accusing them of using steroids, because of their jealousy. Bitter, fatass jealousy...
    Translation
    I am completely clueless and when everyone proves me wrong with the facts, I just make stuff up due to my Bitter, fatass jealousy of smart people

Translation
    Well... I see you are down to this. Consider yourself blocked. Reading your garbage won't do me much good. Can get the same from a child.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Well... I see you are down to this. Consider yourself blocked. Reading your garbage won't do me much good. Can get the same from a child.
    You could not do that without getting the last word in and making a big scene? What is it with you Kung foo guys an having a wimpy online temperament? Let me guess though....in person you are a deadly zen monk and you only lose your cool online. Right.

lol @ some of these posts.

Let's say CF has a higher than average rate of injury. I mean they seem to joke about injuries, and have "uncle Rhabdo" as an unofficial mascot, so let's assume this is true.

Knowing a bunch of people who do Crossfit and don't get injured doesn't mean Crossfit doesn't lead to injuries, it just means your friends are within a certain sample population. It literally makes as much sense as saying "drinking and driving doesn't increase the rate of accidents; I know 10 people who drink and drive and haven't gotten into an accident."

And on an unrelated note:

On a side note, virtually all high intensity exercise is good for you. For example, I ran for several miles the other day with a team carrying a litter with water jugs on them. Once we made it up the side of the hill, we did sprints, lunges, and fireman carries up the steep side of the hill. We then ran back with the litters and water jugs. High intensity, great workout.
    That does not sound like fun!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

When somebody grows too fast and has tons of bacne and a p1ss poor attitude I think it's totally fair to accuse them of possible juicing.

When somebody is and always has been healthy and strong why would anyone assume they're juicing? In my experiences the only people that really get sh1t on for juicing are juicers.

There are many legit scenarios where steroids are a good idea. My mom was on steroids. Seriously, she really was. Legally of course.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    And on an unrelated note:

That does not sound like fun!

Really? that kind of exercise totally appeals to me. But then I'm the kind of guy who went on 3 day hikes through the rockies with a 40 pound pack all alone when I was 15. All said and done, you don't really need very much that is heavy, it's the food, liquids and cookware that makes it heavy. It's a lot easier when you have others to help spread the load, but when you're alone you gotta hump it all yourself and you need a few extra items because you are alone.
    Last edited by Syn7; 08-20-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    nope its the truth, it is where you get your info from isnt it? or from books from guys who do those infomertials

because there is no way on gods green earth anyone who has done any research would get Periodisation that wrong!
    Periodization doesn't really have one definition, it depends on the sport. As it pertains to strength training, its just I defined it. If you disagree, lets read your definition.

Periodization looks like this (assuming you don't get injured or sick or have to stop training for any reason):

The number of lines or whatever might be different. I just drew that really fast.

You can't improve endlessly. You have to cut back and start over (ideally a little higher than where you started from the first time). And then every so often you have to back it up a few cycles.
    Last edited by IronFist; 08-20-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Isn't periodization when my wife justifies getting angry over anything without apology and has cramps? I pray to Allah for an early menopausization.

lol at the drug discussion.

A lot of people underestimate how prevalent performance enhancing drugs are in certain circles.

Pro athletes, Olympic athletes, law enforcement, etc. I don't know about military but it wouldn't surprise me. Air Force pilots get "go pills" before long missions. They're not steroids but they're not exactly legal for you or me.

Drug testing means nothing if you're in certain groups.

Elite athletes have access to masking agents that you've never even heard of.

But really, who cares? For the most part they're not as dangerous as people make them out to be assuming you do your research and don't just start jabbing yourself with pins. Of course not everyone does their research.

People just don't want to believe that their childhood heroes have turned to the "dark side."

I remember 8 or 10 years ago on this forum someone was arguing that "Arnold Schwarzengger would never use drugs!" (as if they knew him personally or something).
    Last edited by IronFist; 08-20-2012 at 09:20 PM.

There's no point in this line of work. Better to be fast and lean.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    Periodization doesn't really have one definition, it depends on the sport. As it pertains to strength training, its just I defined it. If you disagree, lets read your definition.
    nope it doesnt depend on the sport there a universal definition that come froms the guys that came up with the idea, and its pretty easy to find and its nothing like yours lol