Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Weight training for TCMA

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    you wrote "

this is not correct its about building a base and then building a peak, it has nothing about confusing the muscle or constantly challanging them, its also about allowing you to build one quality whilst maintaining others
    That's one kind of periodization, linear periodization. There's also something called undulating periodization:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11991778

Mark Lauren's program integrates both. But seriously, keep right on reading your old books and telling me I'm wrong.

The point is, periodization can mean a lot of DIFFERENT things. You need to pick the schedule that works with your sport and your goals.
    Last edited by Eric Olson; 08-21-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    There's no point in this line of work. Better to be fast and lean.
    Are you saying that a) big muscles make you slow, and b) drugs prevent you from being lean?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Because you live two blocks away.

I love when out of shape people blast in shape people, accusing them of using steroids, because of their jealousy. Bitter, fatass jealousy...
    I posted the testing policy fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    That's one kind of periodization, linear periodization. There's also something called undulating periodization:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11991778

Mark Lauren's program integrates both. But seriously, keep right on reading your old books and telling me I'm wrong.

The point is, periodization can mean a lot of DIFFERENT things. You need to pick the schedule that works with your sport and your goals.
    the point is you have no idea what im talking about, it applies to all models but i was talking mainly about block periodisation, but the principles are universal....so you are wrong but hey keep getting your info from late night tv and dont bother with the science lol

its obvious you have never trained for any sport, nor strength trained in any serious manner so i wont bother with this anymore
    Last edited by Frost; 08-21-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    the point is you have no idea what im talking about, it applies to all models but i was talking mainly about block periodisation, but the principles are universal....so you are wrong but hey keep getting your info from late night tv and dont bother with the science lol

its obvious you have never trained for any sport, nor strength trained in any serious manner so i wont bother with this anymore
    He completely embarrassed himself. He should go through and delete all of his posts and read some books.